Page 16 of 20
« First < 61213141516 17181920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Mike Danna Thread*****
Dante84 01:37 PM 04-25-2020
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Skyy God 11:15 AM 09-14-2022
Danna looks like a competent, homegrown DE.

It’s been a million years since the Chiefs developed one.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:57 AM 09-14-2022
The best thing about Danna is that he still has 2 cheap years too.

Him and Karlaftis could be your starting DEs next year with very little towards the cap.
[Reply]
O.city 01:12 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The best thing about Danna is that he still has 2 cheap years too.

Him and Karlaftis could be your starting DEs next year with very little towards the cap.
I think they go after a FA DE this offseason. Need a speed guy across from Karlaftis.

Also, don't you kill my dream of Brian Burns.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:14 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think they go after a FA DE this offseason. Need a speed guy across from Karlaftis.

I'll save you the time of saying we just need to give up some draft picks to get one.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:16 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

I just don't see a ton of options there, and I definitely don't see the Panthers trading Burns. Maybe Davenport? I think they continue to build through the draft and take that guy somewhere in the first 2 rounds.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:20 PM 09-14-2022
I’d be willing to bet they draft another pass rusher early next year. And probably every year given the importance of the role.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:31 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I’d be willing to bet they draft another pass rusher early next year. And probably every year given the importance of the role.
Yup. I think pass rusher and WR is a good bet for the first 2 rounds with OL and corner taken in the mid rounds.

Clark may be an eyesore but drafting a guy like Danna who is providing results sure helps
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:32 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yup. I think pass rusher and WR is a good bet for the first 2 rounds with OL and corner taken in the mid rounds.

Clark may be an eyesore but drafting a guy like Danna who is providing results sure helps
I was going to mention WR too. Despite recent investments, both are still positions of need next year, in terms of just sheer numbers.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:38 PM 09-14-2022
I was going to mention WR too. Despite recent investments, both are still positions of need next year, in terms of just sheer numbers.
Definitely. I think we will pay Orlando Brown Jr (hopefully to a fair deal) and maybe Juju too.

I think we need to focus on WR and Corner with the uncertainty. I love our rookies but Fenton is likely gone next year and Sneed the year after.

I think ideally you want to extend one guy per class as a standard. Thornhill (if he keeps this up) and Gay would be my vote
[Reply]
New World Order 01:46 PM 09-14-2022
We're pretty loaded with pass rushers.

Feels good man.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:59 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:

Feels good man.
I still think it's too early to say we are loaded. Danna is a decent backup, Dunlap is getting old and Karlaftis is completely unproven. Jones will be good but Clark won't stay motivated all season (if past performance shows any prediction of future behavior). It's the spot we need the most help at IMO
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:05 PM 09-14-2022
I certainly would, without a doubt.

Keep drafting at the really expensive positions, and fill in the need spots with FA's.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:08 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:

Feels good man.
I dunno about all of THAT.

Jones, Karlaftis, Dunlap all look good.

Danna is really a pretty average player, which is excellent value for his draft capital. Same with Wharton.

Clark is...well...he's the same guy he's been until we see different.

We're going to need to draft DE's again next year early.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:08 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I certainly would, without a doubt.

Keep drafting at the really expensive positions, and fill in the need spots with FA's.
Or, if you're Beach, keep drafting stud corners so that you never have to pay one.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:10 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I dunno about all of THAT.

Jones, Karlaftis, Dunlap all look good.

Danna is really a pretty average player, which is excellent value for his draft capital. Same with Wharton.

Clark is...well...he's the same guy he's been until we see different.

We're going to need to draft DE's again next year early.
It's going to be interesting to see what Bart does with the cap room once Frank is off the books. Could be OBJ extension, or extensions for others, but it'll be fun/nice nonetheless.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 20
« First < 61213141516 17181920 >
Up