ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 301
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:19 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Zimmer has had 3 straight scoreless and hitless outings, but he's also allowed a walk in every single one of his appearances. Things are definitely looking up for him and hopefully soon he will be up to replace Fat Wily or Boxberger. Ned Yost said that Zimmer has to earn his spot on the big league roster, but apparently that doesn't apply to Peralta or Boxberger. They both have ERAs above 6.5 and WHIPS 1.650 and higher. Then you have this Kalish guy who's never gotten a shot, but has always had decent numbers and really good numbers this year between AA and AAA he has 20 innings, 1.35 ERA, 3 Walks, 26 Strikeouts, and a .850 WHIP. What's the point in keeping him in AAA? Is it because he's not on the 40 man? Who ****ing cares? Cut Wily Peralta and Brad Boxbergers worthless ****ing asses. Kalish is 27 years old for ****s sake, so it's not about service time. It's time to give the guy a chance, but Dayton is a ****ing retard and will keep Peralta and Boxberger to try to raise their trade value. I can't stand that ****ing idiot. Bring up Kalish and Zimmer and get rid of those 2 losers. Also get Nicky Lopez and Bubba Starling here too.

P.S. our pitching staff is a joke. Yeah everyone knows the bullpen is bad, but God damn our starters are trash too.

Keller - 4.07 ERA
Lopez - 5.09 ERA
Junis - 5.12 ERA
Bailey - 5.25 ERA

Duffy has looked pretty good in the time he's been back, but Jesus Christ outside of Keller and Duffy that shit is pathetic. Hopefully the pitchers we drafted last year can amount to something, but I won't get my hopes up. This organization has a knack for ruining high upside arms.
If they made a big splash next year to sign a legit #1 or 2 starter, they'd have a solid enough rotation I think. Keller is better than his current ERA and Duffy appears to have his head screwed back on.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:26 AM 05-07-2019
Baikey’s FIP is 3.78. He’s thrown great this year. Very similar to Ervin Santana in 2013. I love Bailey. Velo is 93.6 also.

Rest of the entire staff is pure garbage tho, outside Keller.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:48 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
Do you expect Soler to stay healthy? I'm hoping he stays healthy until the trade deadline so he can be traded. The Royals are going to have a new LF next year. And, since winning this year is not the priority, go ahead and make the move.

What do you think you’re getting back in this scenario?

Soler has 3 years of team control left after this year if I’m looking at his service time right. That’s a lot of control at pretty cheap prices. If you get an offer that makes sense, sure, move him. But it also isn’t like he’s killing it right now and has sky-high value.

I DO think the odds of him staying healthy are better if he’s DHing 4-5 teams a week. They could still get a Nelson Cruz-lite performance out of him.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:00 PM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
Hamilton isn’t cheap by royals’ standards....unless we can trade him...which I doubt... do you think we drop him? It was a stupid signing from the jump.
Hamilton was cheap, doesn't block any prospect, and has speed to cover center field in Kauffman Stadium. How is that a stupid signing?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:00 PM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Move Gordon to DH?

Considering he’s remained an above-average LF who adds value with his glove, it would whack about half of his value to the team.

If you’re moving Soler to a full-time DH slot and promoting Lopez, Merrifield can just go to RF (and you can still kind of rotate guys through DH for a 1/2 day break, using Merrifield to spell them in the field).

Lopez is going to be one of those guys the prospect lists just missed, I think. He’s not flashy or toolsy, but the skills are just so good.
Kinda looks like a guy that could have a nice, long, Placido Polanco sort of career.

That may be shooting a little higher (Polanco was a criminally underrated ballplayer) but it may not be far off either. He probably won't reach those high-end versions of Polanco that we saw in Detroit (that I still think may have been a little 'aided') but Polanco was a damn good player; steady as the sunrise and helped teams in a lot of different ways.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:14 PM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Kinda looks like a guy that could have a nice, long, Placido Polanco sort of career.

That may be shooting a little higher (Polanco was a criminally underrated ballplayer) but it may not be far off either. He probably won't reach those high-end versions of Polanco that we saw in Detroit (that I still think may have been a little 'aided') but Polanco was a damn good player; steady as the sunrise and helped teams in a lot of different ways.
Polanco was what we were hoping Christian Colon was going to be.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:15 PM 05-07-2019
We got our Polanco when we signed NoMar OutFante.

Too bad he’d turned into Chris Owings by then.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 01:08 PM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
What do you think you’re getting back in this scenario?

Soler has 3 years of team control left after this year if I’m looking at his service time right. That’s a lot of control at pretty cheap prices. If you get an offer that makes sense, sure, move him. But it also isn’t like he’s killing it right now and has sky-high value.

I DO think the odds of him staying healthy are better if he’s DHing 4-5 teams a week. They could still get a Nelson Cruz-lite performance out of him.
I see what you're saying. Probably get very little for Soler. Wouldn't be getting all of Gordon's value if he's moved to DH because of defensive value.

Look at this roster;
Gordon LF
Starling CF
Whit RF
Dozier 3rd
Mondesi SS
Lopez 2nd
O'Hearn 1st
Maldonado C

That leaves DH. Who would you rather have? Soler or Gutierrez ? I'd rather have Gutierrez.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:12 PM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Polanco was what we were hoping Christian Colon was going to be.
Yikes.

I sure hope that's not what the Royals were hoping for when they took him instead of the guy they were rumored to be after - Chris Sale.

Don't get me wrong, Plapo was a nice player and literally any team in baseball would've been made better by adding him due to his versatility and polished approach. But man, if you're sitting that high in the draft and targeting a 'Placido Polanco sort', that's.....unfortunate.
[Reply]
Dunit35 01:30 PM 05-07-2019
Should I wait to pick up some tickets for the July 13th game be Detroit? Are tickets going to get any lower between now and then? Prices don’t seem to have changed from early last month.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:37 PM 05-07-2019
Gallagher has 4 singles in 32 AB. Last year his hard hit % was 434/480 players with 50+ balls in play. I guess what I’m saying is: he’s the biggest pussy I’ve ever seen in a Royals uniform.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 01:47 PM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Gallagher has 4 singles in 32 AB. Last year his hard hit % was 434/480 players with 50+ balls in play. I guess what I’m saying is: he’s the biggest pussy I’ve ever seen in a Royals uniform.
Dude, in your last few posts you've indicated you hate;

Ian Kennedy
Omar Infante
Chris Owings
and now
Cam Gallagher

That's a lot of hate. Have you considered "Anger Management"?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:49 PM 05-07-2019
so stat nerds how well is Dozier playing?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:05 PM 05-07-2019

Ian Kennedy
Omar Infante
Chris Owings
and now
Cam Gallagher

Don’t forget about PB’s personal fave . . . . “Alshittys Escobar”.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:36 PM 05-07-2019

Ian Kennedy
Omar Infante
Chris Owings
and now
Cam Gallagher

That’s a fair criticism. Maybe I’m being too harsh on the talents and abilities of our 12-24 squad?
[Reply]
Page 74 of 301
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Up