ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 301
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:36 PM 04-09-2019

Before we asked Whit Merrifield about the streak, he first said this: "We’re 2-8. We’re frustrated. We know the fans are frustrated. We’re better than our record. Today was tough. The last eight games were tough. We’re confident…we ask the fans to stay with us."

— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) April 10, 2019

[Reply]
dlphg9 10:40 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Same thing about you.
Sorry if I hurt your little homer heart.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:41 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Or they can just detonate Kauffman and replace it with a 25,000 max capacity downtown park.

Won't be any attendance problems there.

:-)
A downtown stadium will be more of a draw for several reasons. First of all way more people live downtown and can walk to games opposed to the no mans land location now. Second of all it will be much easier to attend games because of the street car.

I get it alot of you want to focus on the game itself but the royals are rebuilding. The attendance comments are important moving forward as baseball is all about economics. I think this next go around the Royals will have a chance at holding onto their core. They will obviously need more revenue to do so. The TV deal is important but so is the stadium. It's much more of a sell with good attendance.
[Reply]
zigbazah 12:39 AM 04-10-2019
If you want to watch a ballgame at the K, you can get there. A 100 loss team isn't going to fill a downtown stadium. The K is gorgeous and unique. Don't get rid rid of it, please.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:05 AM 04-10-2019
Ned clowned the reporter asking about Merrifield's hit.
I'm not sure why anybody bothers to ask him anything at this point.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:10 AM 04-10-2019
It’s been less than 2 days and I’m already tired of the sophomoric jokes about Lovelady.

Richard looked pretty good last night, though. Good deception with the arm angle, velocity looked pretty good. The slider isn’t a dominant pitch, but it’s effective. Doesn’t have quite enough break for him to lean on it first.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:45 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by zigbazah:
If you want to watch a ballgame at the K, you can get there. A 100 loss team isn't going to fill a downtown stadium. The K is gorgeous and unique. Don't get rid rid of it, please.
That dump will become more parking for Arrowhead sometime around 2026.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:45 AM 04-10-2019
10,300 last nite

#baseballTown
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:32 AM 04-10-2019
Ned clowned the reporter asking about Merrifield's hit.

I missed it...what did he say?
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:48 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
A downtown stadium will be more of a draw for several reasons. First of all way more people live downtown and can walk to games opposed to the no mans land location now. Second of all it will be much easier to attend games because of the street car.
That's a great take from the late 90's and the Aughts. But the appeal of downtown ballparks is waning. The K is fine. The ROI for building a downtown ballpark simply is not there. It would be financially dumb at this point. This is a money-grab. Anyone that tries to tell you different within Jackson CO. or KCMO is lying or truly delusional about the effects of such a project.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:55 AM 04-10-2019
Lease isn't up until 2031 anyway. Hopefully these dumb fuckers knock this stupid shit off before anything becomes reality and they just leave it as is.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:09 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Whit is a real Pro. Kudos to him
[Reply]
carcosa 08:57 AM 04-10-2019
I wish the team didn't suck :-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:07 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I missed it...what did he say?
Paraphrasing a lot here:

Q: What did you say to Whit after [the record tying] hit?

A: [blatantly sarcastic] "Great job?" I mean what do you want me to say? We're gonna say the same thing regardless of who gets a hit.

The reporter sheepishly popped off with something about his question being "obvious" then Ned said something to the effect that there's a difference between tying a record and breaking it.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:09 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It's much more of a sell with good attendance.
Oh yeah. People would just absolutely love paying $20+ parking in the H&R Block / Convention Center / any garage several blocks away from a stadium where the average ticket goes for $50 for a 2-8 ball club.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 301
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up