ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 608 of 791
« First < 108508558598604605606607608 609610611612618658708 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
O.city 03:41 PM 03-21-2019
Seem like to anyone else the Chiefs are a little overly worried about the Mahomes extension? I mean I understand it's a big deal, but shit guys.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:44 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Seem like to anyone else the Chiefs are a little overly worried about the Mahomes extension? I mean I understand it's a big deal, but shit guys.
Lol wtf?
[Reply]
O.city 03:45 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol wtf?
Not that they won't get it done or keep him, but just that they're afraid to do anything else and tie up much money elsewhere.

I dunno, seems weird that they were that close and they don't seem to be really pushing very much for the next year or so.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:45 PM 03-21-2019
No. I think their plan is to extend Hill and Jones this year, and this investigation has somewhat put a monkey wrench in to the works. Mahomes doesn't factor in to it at all.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:48 PM 03-21-2019
It's the Hill situation.
[Reply]
O.city 03:51 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's the Hill situation.
Maybe, but with the trade stuff leaking and the "we're not totally sure we want to pay him" stuff. I dunno.

Plus the way they structure deals, why did they need that much space? I mean, they've cleared a lot
[Reply]
staylor26 03:52 PM 03-21-2019
Not that they won't get it done or keep him, but just that they're afraid to do anything else and tie up much money elsewhere.

I dunno, seems weird that they were that close and they don't seem to be really pushing very much for the next year or so.
It’s not just Mahomes though. They were preparing to pay Hill and Jones. They tried to get Earl to pair with Tyrann so they clearly aren’t afraid to spend the money either. This years group of free agents just simply weren’t that good and they’re not going to spend money just for the hell of it.
[Reply]
O.city 03:57 PM 03-21-2019
It’s not just Mahomes though. They were preparing to pay Hill and Jones. They tried to get Earl to pair with Tyrann so they clearly aren’t afraid to spend the money either. This years group of free agents just simply weren’t that good and they’re not going to spend money just for the hell of it.
I agree with that for sure. I wonder if they were clearing it because of Earl. If they were gonna do a 1 year 12 mil deal there, but surely they had to think his market would come together more than that right?

That seemed like a "we like him and his market isn't together so lets do this" kinda thing. I'm not sure that was the big plan but maybe i'm wrong.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 04:53 PM 03-21-2019
The Chiefs need to move on some guys here.

Too many holes that cannot be expected to be filled with the draft/UDFA’s. The LB core is poor, a starter at safety and Edge is needed. Reiter needs competition at Center, and uncertainty around the Hill situation needs addressing.

Costs have dropped, but teams with lots of cap will slightly overpay these 2nd/3rd wave guys. The Chiefs can’t afford to be on the outside looking in, tipping off their draft needs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:32 PM 03-21-2019
Yep. Exactly.
[Reply]
chiefscafan 03-21-2019, 07:00 PM
This message has been deleted by chiefscafan. Reason: Wrong thread
Chief Northman 07:02 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by chiefscafan:
The Pittsburgh Steelers select Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame
Wrong thread
[Reply]
Dante84 07:06 PM 03-21-2019
How is the Hill situation impacting our pursuit of players? If we were planning on signing him, and now we may not, wouldn’t that mean we would have more money to spend and not less?

I really don’t understand why we are pussyfooting around in FA.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 07:19 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
How is the Hill situation impacting our pursuit of players? If we were planning on signing him, and now we may not, wouldn’t that mean we would have more money to spend and not less?

Pussyfooting? We signed Mathieu and were about to sign Thomas. Did you want to pay Lev Bell what he wanted or give Cj Mosley 17M?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:25 PM 03-21-2019

With the exception of Corners, the main body of work was done before the Hill story broke. You have to look at the market; the other areas of need for the Chiefs were pretty slim.

We could still possibly pick up another Safety, but I'm thinking that they are looking to the draft for that. How many quality Linebackers and O linemen were available in FA this year? Not many from where I sit.

The top two receivers in FA were not guys that the Chiefs had any interest in, I truly believe that. As a player and team mate, Hill has been outstanding since coming to KC, and it looks like this thing with CPS is probably going to blow over. I don't think the Chiefs considered releasing him even once after they had time to talk to him and gather facts.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:32 PM 03-21-2019

I would surmise that it's not just about the dollars - it's really what we want our team's vision to be. If somehow Hill isn't a part of the 2019 Chiefs, there's little likelihood we will be a championship team with just the average defense we were striving for a month ago. The entire complexion of the team changes and we might need to have a much more aggressive view on defensive additions since there's no one available anymore at WR who can replicate Hill's production. I fully understand if this has thrown a serious spanner in the works for Veach's grand plan.
[Reply]
Page 608 of 791
« First < 108508558598604605606607608 609610611612618658708 > Last »
Up