ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 80
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 Missouri Tigers Football Thread *****
KChiefs1 10:06 AM 09-19-2020

ONE. WEEK. ‼️#MIZ x #NewZou ���� pic.twitter.com/lVw1iNzQKL

— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) September 19, 2020

The 2020 Mizzou Football schedule is out, and woo-boy we get Bama and LSU in week 1 and 3 https://t.co/TD1UgG3JMp

— ROCK Mask NATION (@RockMNation) August 18, 2020

[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:00 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Wrong again.

Mack Rhoades was a ****ing shitty AD and did less than the bare minimum to fill the role.

CS1950 was mostly a thing to make boomers mad.
IIRC, didn't Pinkel face backlash, though, from boosters?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:03 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
IIRC, didn't Pinkel face backlash, though, from boosters?
Who gives a shit? It's not why Barry Odom sucked.

The point is, while Gary had some stinkers of recruiting classes, the talent was all around better when he took the job vs what Drink has now.

Odom squandered what was left and basically left the cupboards bare. He had no business being a 1st time HC at an SEC school.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:08 PM 11-17-2021
Do you recall the reason why Odom got the job in the first place?

No one else wanted to come close to touching it given all of the stuff regarding CS1950 and the backlash Pinkel faced for siding with his team.
:-)

Literally nobody cared about this stuff, especially potential head coaches. FFS, man.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:27 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
:-)

Literally nobody cared about this stuff, especially potential head coaches. FFS, man.
You don't see why coaches wouldn't have an issue when the previous guy got treated like shit by the boosters for siding with his players over something they believed to be right and wasn't criminal ?

Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Who gives a shit? It's not why Barry Odom sucked.

The point is, while Gary had some stinkers of recruiting classes, the talent was all around better when he took the job vs what Drink has now.

Odom squandered what was left and basically left the cupboards bare. He had no business being a 1st time HC at an SEC school.
My point is Odom was basically football's version of Cuonzo-a guy who would bring stability(which he did). And achieved mediocre results.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:18 PM 11-18-2021
Drink's been a HC for 3 seasons with average results record wise at Mizzou in 2 seasons so far(last season he overachieved, this season is probably not too far off what realistic expectations should have been).

Might need to pump the breaks a bit on him going for a bigger job. He has to actually coach and develop the recruits he brings in or he'll be someone similar to Butch Jones(who was more proven than Drink was at a Group of 5 School).

For reference, if Drink wins a bowl game this year and beats one of Arkansas and Florida(not both), his win % through 2 years will be 52% and if he loses to one of them it will be 44%. Odom's win % for his first 2 years was 44% for reference and he inherited a much worse situation.
He has Mizzou at 14 nationally next year in the recruit rankings…that would absolutely catch the eye of ADs out there, a lot of them I’m sure think they could just build a super staff around him.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:52 PM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Shit ton of jobs already open and Miami is assuredly going to come open…wouldn’t surprise me if Florida did as well.

I wonder if anyone might come from Drink…not saying the results bear it but there’s zero denying he’s a dynamic recruiter and charismatic bad hell.

A lot of chatter you hear around the already open jobs is recruiting…I wouldn’t be shocked if someone came knocking.
He makes 4 mil at Mizzou. If I'm Florida why would I go for an average coach making 4 mil and not a great coach like Dave Aranda who's only making 2.5 mil?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:03 PM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
He has Mizzou at 14 nationally next year in the recruit rankings…that would absolutely catch the eye of ADs out there, a lot of them I’m sure think they could just build a super staff around him.
Cool.

Butch was recruiting top 5 classes in year 2 and had underwhelming results. Mind you, he had a much more thorough pedigree at Central Michigan and Cincinnati before going to Tennessee.

Recruiting doesn’t mean much if you don’t develop recruits and win. Drink can be a great coach, but he hasn’t done anything special yet.
[Reply]
Jerm 02:10 PM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
He makes 4 mil at Mizzou. If I'm Florida why would I go for an average coach making 4 mil and not a great coach like Dave Aranda who's only making 2.5 mil?
Yeah Dave Aranda isn’t moving for 2.5 mil….if you want to pay 7 or 8 mil, sure.
[Reply]
kepp 03:48 PM 11-20-2021
Can we please put Cook/Macon in and take Bazelak out?
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 04:21 PM 11-20-2021
Bazelak's mobility is nonexistent.
[Reply]
kepp 04:23 PM 11-20-2021
We know what Bezelak gives us. Macon can at least use his legs...and it appears we could use that today.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:57 PM 11-20-2021
Bazelak just continues his regression...and Florida is stacking the box to stop Badie.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:02 PM 11-20-2021
Going to be all Gators in the second half.
[Reply]
kepp 05:13 PM 11-20-2021
18 yards rushing halfway through the 3rd
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:15 PM 11-20-2021
I hate Drinks play calling. Better players won’t change that shit.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 80
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Up