ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Salary Cap Question - Move Coming?
OnTheWarpath15 06:09 PM 10-09-2017
Anyone have an idea of how much cap space we had going into the weekend?

There's some speculation on Twitter that according to the NFLPA Report, the Chiefs have somehow lost around $8M in cap space today and are sitting at $3.5M

https://www.nflpa.com/public-salary-cap-report

Would suggest either an extension for someone or potentially a trade, right?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 12:06 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by JakeF:
We have a pretty easy $50m in salary cap space that involves moves that should happen anyway. Our salary cap is fine despite all the complaints about Dorsey's contract handling. The only real mistake by Dorsey was the Hali contract. The Houston and Berry contracts are just what it takes to keep big money guys. I think almost all of the fans of the Chiefs wanted to keep both of those players.
I see an easy $30 million. Not seeing an easy $50 million unless we are talking about Bailey and Ford, which based on our talent level, I don't think we can afford to cut.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 12:18 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
I see an easy $30 million. Not seeing an easy $50 million unless we are talking about Bailey and Ford, which based on our talent level, I don't think we can afford to cut.
6 mil and 8.7 for Bailey and Ford? :-)

Too much to keep them, imho.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:18 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina:

Who are you replacing them with?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:20 PM 01-17-2018
Getting rid of Ford is a bad idea. You aren’t getting a better talent in FA unless you pay at least twice the price as Ford’s cap hit.

You keep him in 2018.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 12:26 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina:

Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Who are you replacing them with?
That's the thing. I agree that's not good value for them. I just don't think we can afford to cut them if we aren't getting replacements in free agency that also work for our budget.
[Reply]
loochy 12:26 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Getting rid of Ford is a bad idea. You aren’t getting a better talent in FA unless you pay at least twice the price as Ford’s cap hit.

You keep him in 2018.
any body that actually sees the field is a better talent
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 12:46 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
any body that actually sees the field is a better talent
Perhaps, although then you have the Zombos of the world.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:49 PM 01-17-2018
For the price of one Ford plus Hali, you can get a decent priced pass rusher. Agreed I don't have an issue paying him that, but he is never ever healthy. I also think Bailey is expendable.

Keep in mind cutting these guys plus Hali frees up $22m. I'd rather be throwing money at a consistent Ford replacement and CBs. I wouldn't mind resigning Jarvis jenkins and Nunez roches instead. Two for the price of 1/2. If Bailey were a difference maker, that'd be one thing.

But again, here's the crazy thing... In our front 7, the only 2 players we seem long term committed to is Houston and Jones. Two guys who could do fine in a 4-3. Now is as good a time as ever to consider a front change of we ever wanted to do it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:54 PM 01-17-2018
We have a pretty easy $50m in salary cap space that involves moves that should happen anyway. Our salary cap is fine despite all the complaints about Dorsey's contract handling. The only real mistake by Dorsey was the Hali contract.
:-)

Dwayne Bowe
Jeremy Maclin
Tamba Hali (eating $4 million in Dead Money, then signing him to a 3 year deal)
Derrick Johnson

The list is long and accounts for more than $75 million in Dead Cap Space.

You're a buttfucking moron.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:54 PM 01-17-2018
Is it from the 10 reserve/future signings players?
No, buttfuck.

And Future-Reserves are ALL for Vet Minimum (which varies depending on years of service).
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:58 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
For the price of one Ford plus Hali, you can get a decent priced pass rusher. Agreed I don't have an issue paying him that, but he is never ever healthy. I also think Bailey is expendable.
Good fucking god.

Bailey isn't "expendable" unless they have an adequate replacement, which they don't.

And please give us the name of a "decent pass rusher" available in 2018 Free Agency.

Keep in mind cutting these guys plus Hali frees up $22m. I'd rather be throwing money at a consistent Ford replacement and CBs.
No.

Draft their replacements. Free Agent signings, especially big time money free agent signings, rarely work out.

I wouldn't mind resigning Jarvis jenkins and Nunez roches instead. Two for the price of 1/2. If Bailey were a difference maker, that'd be one thing.
:-)

RNR is an RFA. Jenkins is a Vet Min guy at best and RNR is going nowhere this year.

But again, here's the crazy thing... In our front 7, the only 2 players we seem long term committed to is Houston and Jones. Two guys who could do fine in a 4-3. Now is as good a time as ever to consider a front change of we ever wanted to do it.
Good grief. The Chiefs, as do most teams, use multiple fronts. They're not in a 3-4 on every down, nor are they in a 4-3 every down, etc. It's all about Hybrid Defenses.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:01 PM 01-17-2018
Allen Bailey is expendable at this point. I’d strongly consider cutting him outright. He’s past his prime and can’t stuff the run anymore. We have that same guy in Nacho, plus we just picked up Ty McGill who has done more in his last 2 seasons playing than Bailey has.

I would also strongly consider drafting a safety in the 2nd rd. Parker is a terrible tackler, Sorenson is just terrible in general, we don’t know how Berry will come back from his Achilles and Murray is not a great fit for the safety role.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:07 PM 01-17-2018
We have a pretty easy $50m in salary cap space that involves moves that should happen anyway. Our salary cap is fine despite all the complaints about Dorsey's contract handling. The only real mistake by Dorsey was the Hali contract. The Houston and Berry contracts are just what it takes to keep big money guys. I think almost all of the fans of the Chiefs wanted to keep both of those players.
They could've locked up Houston and Berry for cheaper if they hadn't franchised them. We still have almost 5 mill of dead money for Maclin next year and DJ was 32 when he signed that crappy deal.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:10 PM 01-17-2018
Allen Bailey is expendable at this point.
Unless the Chiefs sign someone in free agency, Bailey will be back. They just don't have enough depth to sustain his loss.

It would be nice if they could restructure his contract but outside of Chris Jones, this defensive line doesn't have much talent.

I would also strongly consider drafting a safety in the 2nd rd. Parker is a terrible tackler, Sorenson is just terrible in general, we don’t know how Berry will come back from his Achilles and Murray is not a great fit for the safety role.
I'd rather they dip into Free Agency if they're concerned about safety rather than spend a 2nd round pick on a guy that likely isn't ready Week 1, especially if they fail to address the CB position.

Veach has his work cut out for him.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:11 PM 01-17-2018
Seth Keysor

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/...more-cap-space

Step One: Trade Alex Smith
Step Two: Cut Tamba Hali (if he does not retire)
Step Three: Cut Derrick Johnson
Step Four: Cut Allen Bailey (If No Restructure)
Step Five: Cut Demetrius Harris
Step Six: That’s it.
Keep Dee Ford, Darrelle Revis and Ron Parker
[Reply]
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Up