ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Jets will pay “whatever it takes” to get Kirk Cousins
Pasta Little Brioni 07:50 PM 02-19-2018
Franchise QB my ass :-) Stat whore.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:42 AM 02-20-2018
I expect it to get interesting but I doubt the Chiefs would back out. Maybe we'll be seeing Washington trade off Smith as a possibility.

I wonder what the Jets or someone else would give to get Alex with a five year deal, if the market get's crazy and cousins agrees to or gets stuck with the franchise tag or inks a long term deal.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:10 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I expect it to get interesting but I doubt the Chiefs would back out. Maybe we'll be seeing Washington trade off Smith as a possibility.

I wonder what the Jets or someone else would give to get Alex with a five year deal, if the market get's crazy and cousins agrees to or gets stuck with the franchise tag or inks a long term deal.
i think the redskins get the better end of the deal personally. no year to year baggage with alex unlike cousins. cousins as predicted, may sign the most lucrative contract for an NFL player ever. there is a huge burden that comes with that, unless he lands in cleveland. even still there is pressure.

just the alex part of the deal, not the other tid-bits :-)
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 03:44 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:

Wut?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:35 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good:
Wut?
I just expect some voodajay on this by the time it plays out.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:15 AM 02-20-2018
Kirk to Jets. AJ to Denver. Book it.
[Reply]
wazu 10:35 AM 02-20-2018
I hope Denver wins the bidding war.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:17 PM 02-20-2018
The New York Post's Brian Costello was told the Jets could offer Kirk Cousins $60 million in the first year of his contract.

New York is reportedly "willing to pay whatever it takes" to land Cousins, so this does not come as a surprise. It also makes some sense for the Jets, who have the cap space to both front-load the contract and make moves to improve the rest of the roster. The Broncos, Vikings, and Cardinals are also teams to watch in the Cousins sweepstakes.

www.rotoworld.com
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:52 PM 02-20-2018
Will be interesting to see what he does... he has a few good options. There's no doubt that he'll be more than handsomely compensated. Question will be, how much does he want to saddle the team up with on his cap number. This is where the cap bean counters get paid to work their magic. Teams won't pay it if they can't afford it, the question becomes what does it limit them from doing elswhere.

Von Miller is recruiting him hard - wonder if he'll take a restructure to make it happen? I don't see Cousins going to NY really, honestly think the Vikings and the dome will be pretty appealing to him.
[Reply]
notorious 01:00 PM 02-20-2018
Only 60 million guaranteed? Alex is getting more than that....
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:34 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
Only 60 million guaranteed? Alex is getting more than that....
Reading comprehension.

He’d be getting $60 million in his first year.
[Reply]
notorious 04:54 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Reading comprehension.

He’d be getting $60 million in his first year.
Oh, I heard 60 on the radio. Didn’t see the post above that clears it up.

Thanks
[Reply]
eDave 06:58 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
Oh, I heard 60 on the radio. Didn’t see the post above that clears it up.

Thanks
Yea, he's going to get $100m guaranteed. According the PTI guys.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:29 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
Yea, he's going to get $100m guaranteed. According the PIT guys.
I've heard others in the past speculate that he'd be the first to get a fully guaranteed as well. For the sake of making the move interesting, I hope he ends up with Jags or Vikes. Money isn't everything.
[Reply]
Bewbies 03:21 PM 02-20-2018
If you're a team who has a TON of cap room this season, why not give him $60-$70M in 1st year comp, tie it to this years cap and then you'd have pretty low cap numbers the rest of the way out.

Maybe you could get the guy a huge number this year and something closer to 10M than to 25M for the remainder...?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up