ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3690 of 3903
« First < 2690319035903640368036863687368836893690 3691369236933694370037403790 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:04 AM 08-25-2021
This country is in for some pain with schools starting back up. The delta variant is being passed around and being brought home. I'm worried for middle-aged and elderly caretakers of these kids.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:13 AM 08-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You can actually get the embed code from Twitter's mobile site. You just can't get it from the app, which makes no sense.

If I'm really motivated to embed something, I copy the link from the app, open it in Chrome, and then get the embed code there.
Ah... I would have guessed their app was just a shell for their desktop site, but have used it in a while.

The whole mobile site thing is crazy outdated given decent mobile speeds and screen real estate circa 2010 or earlier, and mildly annoying in Chrome to click that box every time I want to embed a gif or YouTube video.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:20 AM 08-25-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
This country is in for some pain with schools starting back up. The delta variant is being passed around and being brought home. I'm worried for middle-aged and elderly caretakers of these kids.
Are you suggesting kids are little super spreaders? :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:21 AM 08-25-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’m on my phone damn it
Fine I'll keep embedding your tweets for you. Unless I don't like it.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:24 AM 08-25-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Are you suggesting kids are little super spreaders? :-)
Yes they are. I'm feeling less shitty than my wife did, but we had no clue my 6 year old had it until we got her results back. I'm grateful for that at least.
[Reply]
TLO 11:34 AM 08-25-2021
Yes they are. I'm feeling less shitty than my wife did, but we had no clue my 6 year old had it until we got her results back. I'm grateful for that at least.
My long term girlfriend and I had a talk with her 13 year old daughter about getting the vaccine. She determined for herself she wanted to get it, so that's what we did.

Unfortunately for her 10 year old son, that's not an option right now.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:38 AM 08-25-2021
Hope you and your wife to get to feeling better.

Wasn't long ago people were thinking kids were magic unicorns that couldn't spread it.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:53 AM 08-25-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Hope you and your wife to get to feeling better.

Wasn't long ago people were thinking kids were magic unicorns that couldn't spread it.
I think there was an argument to be made that last year's strain wasn't at this level with the young ones. I think Delta has changed that game.
[Reply]
Otter 11:59 AM 08-25-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
The entire world should be looking to move manufacturing to other countries. Not easy or cheap, but necessary.
What countries are left when the entire world is exporting manufacturing?
[Reply]
DaFace 12:53 PM 08-25-2021
Denver's entire performing arts complex (5 theater and concert halls) has announced mandatory vaccines. Not a surprise necessarily, but interesting to see things continue to shift that way.
[Reply]
Otter 01:33 PM 08-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Denver's entire performing arts complex (5 theater and concert halls) has announced mandatory vaccines. Not a surprise necessarily, but interesting to see things continue to shift that way.
Going to be interesting to see how this works out in the courts.

I'm guessing it may reach those 9 supreme peeps.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:34 PM 08-25-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:

Why? One can bar access for a lot of reasons.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:38 PM 08-25-2021
Chicago is trying to mandate it for city workers, the 3rd largest employer in the city, and at least one union is already threatening to take it to court.
[Reply]
Otter 01:45 PM 08-25-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Why? One can bar access for a lot of reasons.
It's a pretty long list.

My law background consists of a business law class during my undergraduate days so I'm spit balling but I have trouble seeing lawsuits not produced from employees being forced with injection. Just look at the discriminatory cases on employers from everything to race to age let alone a forced injection.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:46 PM 08-25-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:

I believe it's already pretty well covered, such as... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaco..._Massachusetts

I know with the mask mandates there was a stipulation of "reasonable accommodations" for people who couldn't (or "couldn't") wear a mask.... one restaurant here had to curbside beer and what not for people who refused to wear a mask and I guess some douchenozzles would send workers in multiple times to pick and choose.

So, potentially some exceptions there if a doctor determines you can't or shouldn't take the vaccines, depending on what a reasonable accommodation would be.
[Reply]
Page 3690 of 3903
« First < 2690319035903640368036863687368836893690 3691369236933694370037403790 > Last »
Up