ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3191 of 3903
« First < 2191269130913141318131873188318931903191 31923193319431953201324132913691 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
stumppy 08:42 PM 11-24-2020
This is day 14 for my friend. His breathing had gotten worse so he went to the E.R. earlier this afternoon. Haven't heard from him and he's not answering his phone.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:43 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
My mom works in a rural hospital. They've been full enough that they've had COVID admits die in the ER waiting for a medical/ICU bed.
That’s some seriously sad fucked up shit that should never happen in America. We have to do better.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:44 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
This is day 14 for my friend. His breathing had gotten worse so he went to the E.R. earlier this afternoon. Haven't heard from him and he's not answering his phone.
Positive thoughts heading your way for your friend.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:57 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Hope everything's okay.
[Reply]
Fish 10:20 PM 11-24-2020
That's pretty lousy if true...

AFTER COVID, YOUR FAVORITE FOODS MAY SMELL LIKE ROTTING MEAT

A June study found that roughly seven percent of 4,000 examined COVID-19 patients reported smell distortion. Most patients regain their sense of smell within weeks, but some are far less lucky. A small subset of those with COVID-19 lose their sense of smell for much longer.

And sometimes it doesn’t fully return back to normal, with some familiar smells and tastes feeling off, according to the WSJ, a condition known as parosmia.

In extreme cases, according to the paper, French fries end up smelling like rotting meat and chocolate like chemicals. 46-year-old high school teacher Ellen Glynn told the WSJ that iced coffee smelled “like someone left uncooked chicken under a couch cushion for a few weeks.”

Jennifer Spicer, an infectious disease physician at Emory University in Atlanta, told The Washington Post earlier this month that red wine ended up tasting “like gasoline.”

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:52 AM 11-25-2020
More hyperbole from extreme instances :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:44 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Long Covid is the perfect setup for hypochondriacs.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:32 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
My wife still has patients dealing with effects of SARS and influenza years after, viruses that produces these hyperinflammatory response can causes long term effects/reduction in life expectancy , can it sometimes be over blown during a pandemic sure but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen more than you think either there are plenty of cases that don't make it to print or you won't hear about down the road when the pandemic is over.
[Reply]
R Clark 08:22 AM 11-25-2020
Sure glad I don’t like red wine or ice coffee that French fry thing kind of sucks
[Reply]
loochy 08:27 AM 11-25-2020
Awesome, I don't need to wear deodorant anymore.

"Dude, you stink."

"Nah man, it's just your COVID acting up. I smell great."
[Reply]
petegz28 08:34 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
That's pretty lousy if true...

AFTER COVID, YOUR FAVORITE FOODS MAY SMELL LIKE ROTTING MEAT

A June study found that roughly seven percent of 4,000 examined COVID-19 patients reported smell distortion. Most patients regain their sense of smell within weeks, but some are far less lucky. A small subset of those with COVID-19 lose their sense of smell for much longer.

And sometimes it doesn’t fully return back to normal, with some familiar smells and tastes feeling off, according to the WSJ, a condition known as parosmia.

In extreme cases, according to the paper, French fries end up smelling like rotting meat and chocolate like chemicals. 46-year-old high school teacher Ellen Glynn told the WSJ that iced coffee smelled “like someone left uncooked chicken under a couch cushion for a few weeks.”

Jennifer Spicer, an infectious disease physician at Emory University in Atlanta, told The Washington Post earlier this month that red wine ended up tasting “like gasoline.”
When my taste and smell first started to come back red wine tasted like vinegar. I couldn't taste much of anything sweet. Still struggle with chocolate at times but thankfully foods taste pretty much the same as they did.
[Reply]
loochy 08:39 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
When my taste and smell first started to come back red wine tasted like vinegar.

Yeah, because red wine is disgusting. I think maybe it was your taste buds being reset.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:04 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
As long as there isn't a mutation in the spike protein the underlying mechanism behind the vaccine should be fairly durable (I'm a bit out over my skis on this one), but boosters will likely be offered and become relatively commonplace, although I'm unsure of their frequency.
My following statement is independent of any vaccine discussion.

The University of Texas has already identified a mutation in the spike protein. I'm not suggesting it's likely to continue happening, but it appears to have happened at least once, albeit early on.

That's one of the reasons why I tell people that "letting COVID run its course" is extremely dangerous. The more exposure the virus has to our systems and the greater the spread, the more likely we are to have mutations. Granted, most are neutral drift, but that's not a certainty. This particular mutation appears to have made it more contagious.
[Reply]
tooge 09:21 AM 11-25-2020
It looks like cases and deaths are trending down in Missouri over the past 7 days.
Hopefull.

https://showmestrong.mo.gov/data/sta...public-health/
[Reply]
loochy 09:22 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by tooge:
It looks like cases and deaths are trending down in Missouri over the past 7 days.
Hopefull.

https://showmestrong.mo.gov/data/sta...public-health/

that's just a lag in reporting
[Reply]
Page 3191 of 3903
« First < 2191269130913141318131873188318931903191 31923193319431953201324132913691 > Last »
Up