ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3140 of 3903
« First < 2140264030403090313031363137313831393140 31413142314331443150319032403640 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 09:53 AM 11-18-2020
So I’m having blood drawn tosay for a serology panel.

A few weeks ago, our one year old had a slight fever runny nose and a cough for a day or two, 5 year old had sore throat and fever and tested positive for strep, wife myself and 7 year old had two days of stomach issue and slight headache. Didn’t think anything about it until I talked to pediatrician and she said a lot of the kids who have it end up having strep too.
Then 4/5 days after my brother in law and gf stayed with us she came up with it.

So now I’m thinking we had it and gave it to her?
[Reply]
O.city 09:54 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I've looked all over and found nothing that says anything about this.
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I've heard you have to get two does of the vaccine and I think they are about 3 months apart so maybe that's what he is referring too??? :-)
It’s like 2 weeks apart between
[Reply]
petegz28 10:03 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So I’m having blood drawn tosay for a serology panel.

A few weeks ago, our one year old had a slight fever runny nose and a cough for a day or two, 5 year old had sore throat and fever and tested positive for strep, wife myself and 7 year old had two days of stomach issue and slight headache. Didn’t think anything about it until I talked to pediatrician and she said a lot of the kids who have it end up having strep too.
Then 4/5 days after my brother in law and gf stayed with us she came up with it.

So now I’m thinking we had it and gave it to her?
Interesting as my Son had strep twice late last year and early this year.
[Reply]
bigdaddychieffan 10:13 AM 11-18-2020
Our dr said that right now preliminarily that you get 3 months of immunity from having had the virus. My family of 5 all tested positive a couple weeks ago. There is so much unknown right now that nothing is for sure anyway. Excited that a vaccine may be available soon.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:17 AM 11-18-2020
This thread is a fascinating study in how misinformation spreads and is so hard to combat sometimes. A few posts from the past few days:

Well-documented source:

You mean it's like every other virus we know about? I'm shocked.
(One reply. Most ignore it.)

Same story from a different source:

Originally Posted by DaFace:
More good news for the hope that vaccines will be a near-total way out of this. I really feel like things will be almost completely normal by next fall and hopefully near normal much sooner than that.

(Two replies. Most ignore it.)

Same story from yet another source:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Apoorva Mandavilli
@apoorva_nyc
THE GOOD NEWS: Immunity to the coronavirus might last years, maybe even decades, according to a new study — the most hopeful look yet at this
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/h....co/ntTmKxKjbm

(No replies.)

Completely unsourced opinion about what someone "heard":

Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Heard the vaccine is only going to be effective for a short window (3 months) so welcome to quarterly Rona shots
(Immediately spawns a multitude of replies.)

Originally Posted by R Clark:
So where did you hear this?
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Where are you getting this?
Originally Posted by loochy:
the internet
Originally Posted by loochy:
websites
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Oh yeah those websites
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Havent we had posters on this site get it twice?
What?
Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk:
Sorry but false
I've looked all over and found nothing that says anything about this.
It's damn near impossible for accurate information to cut through the noise of people talking about information they "hear." It's depressing.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:20 AM 11-18-2020
Our daycare's new policy is a little wild to me.

If a child has a "primary symptom" of COVID, they are presumed positive and must stay home for at least 10 days or until symptoms cease. This means fever (which is a given and already kept kids home) or cough.

I'm sorry, but my kid spends the entire winter with a cough. Daycare is a petri dish. He genuinely coughed (with a few breaks in between colds) from October - February last year.

I'm all for taking him to get tested if he's running a fever, but the cough thing threw me a bit. He's already had 2 this year with no fever or other symptoms.

Am I tripping?

No clue how we'll handle work + looking after him should he have to stay home for a large portion of the winter if he comes down with a cold.
[Reply]
Pants 10:22 AM 11-18-2020
This thread is a fascinating study in how misinformation spreads and is so hard to combat sometimes. A few posts from the past few days:

Well-documented source:

(One reply. Most ignore it.)

Same story from a different source:

(Two replies. Most ignore it.)

Same story from yet another source:

(No replies.)

Completely unsourced opinion about what someone "heard":

(Immediately spawns a multitude of replies.)

It's damn near impossible for accurate information to cut through the noise of people talking about information they "hear." It's depressing.
Ya, but did you hear about the microchips?
[Reply]
DaFace 10:22 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Our daycare's new policy is a little wild to me.

If a child has a "primary symptom" of COVID, they are presumed positive and must stay home for at least 10 days or until symptoms cease. This means fever (which is a given and already kept kids home) or cough.

I'm sorry, but my kid spends the entire winter with a cough. Daycare is a petri dish. He genuinely coughed (with a few breaks in between colds) from October - February last year.

I'm all for taking him to get tested if he's running a fever, but the cough thing threw me a bit. He's already had 2 this year with no fever or other symptoms.

Am I tripping?

No clue how we'll handle work + looking after him should he have to stay home for a large portion of the winter if he comes down with a cold.
Isn't that the point? Daycares are really only being allowed to stay open because closing them would make it so that many parents couldn't work. It's not a surprise to me that they're being very conservative about trying to keep kids there healthy.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:28 AM 11-18-2020
Isn't that the point? Daycares are really only being allowed to stay open because closing them would make it so that many parents couldn't work. It's not a surprise to me that they're being very conservative about trying to keep kids there healthy.
Yeah, it is. It's just frustrating as a parent to have to get this little dude tested every time his nose runs or he develops a cough. Testing for COVID as an adult is uncomfortable and inconvenient.

Having your parents hold your arms down while a strange woman grabs you by the head and shoves a swab into your brain as a toddler is a whole other fucking deal.

Look, I get it, it just sucks.

I just don't want this to get to a point where a kid coughs because his throat is dry and then all of a sudden a parent has to figure out how to pay the bills because they're out of work for 10 days, even though there is no COVID.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:35 AM 11-18-2020
When it comes to immunity and how long it is all just a guess at this point. Yes that study and others have hypothesized immunity will last a long time like SARS1 but they don't know because we are only 11 months into this pandemic.

We have also seen more and more confirmed reinfection cases across the world.

Covid attacks the body in ways scientists\doctors haven't ever seen before and they still don't have a firm grasp on it. Everyone certainly hopes we have long lasting immunity but if this virus behaved like SARS1 it would have died out months ago.
[Reply]
O.city 10:39 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
When it comes to immunity and how long it is all just a guess at this point. Yes that study and others have hypothesized immunity will last a long time like SARS1 but they don't know because we are only 11 months into this pandemic.

Covid attacks the body in ways scientists\doctors haven't ever seen before and they still don't have a firm grasp on it. Everyone certainly hopes we have long lasting immunity but if this virus behaved like SARS1 it would have died out months ago.
It’s more infectious

It behaves very similar

It’s not a scary space virus. It acts the same as most other viral infections.

We need to quit with these wild claims that are outside of what we expect to happen until they are proven the norm.
[Reply]
Pants 10:40 AM 11-18-2020

It's still a virus and our immune system reacts to it like one.

At this point, I'm very confident that the vast, overwhelming majority of folks who have gotten it are safe form reinfection for a good amount of time.

The difference between SARS1 and SARS2 is that SARS1 had a quicker onset of symptoms and didn't have pre-and-asymptomatic people walking around infecting others around them. It was much easier to contain as a result. As far as I know, it wasn't due to the immune system response.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:51 AM 11-18-2020
It’s more infectious

It behaves very similar

It’s not a scary space virus. It acts the same as most other viral infections.

We need to quit with these wild claims that are outside of what we expect to happen until they are proven the norm.
No it doesn't act the same otherwise they would know how to treat it but they really don't. My daughter deals with it every day and she tells me the doctor's\nurses are throwing shit against the wall to see if it sticks.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:55 AM 11-18-2020
No it doesn't act the same otherwise they would know how to treat it but they really don't. My daughter deals with it every day and she tells me the doctor's\nurses are throwing shit against the wall to see if it sticks.
Well, since your daughter says it, that settles it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:57 AM 11-18-2020

[Reply]
Page 3140 of 3903
« First < 2140264030403090313031363137313831393140 31413142314331443150319032403640 > Last »
Up