ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 153
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
keg in kc 02:10 PM 04-09-2020
There's talk of an Ahsoka Tano spinoff from the Mandalorian.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:37 AM 04-13-2020

Filmmaker @TaikaWaititi, who directed the final episode of #TheMandalorian's first season, has revealed that he did not direct any episodes of Season 2 due to prior commitments... https://t.co/iiHlqDG784

— Star Wars Direct (@StarWars_Direct) April 10, 2020

[Reply]
burt 09:48 AM 04-13-2020
Maybe my expectations were too high. I wasn't impressed. A total meh from me.
[Reply]
bowener 12:45 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
Maybe my expectations were too high. I wasn't impressed. A total meh from me.
People have over-hyped it for sure. It is a solid show, and a great foundation to build upon. Since it is a Star Wards property and it isn't a burning pile of shit, it appears to be solid gold by comparison. I think you should give it a second watch through maybe. I'd say it's a solid B with a bright future.
[Reply]
burt 04:22 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
People have over-hyped it for sure. It is a solid show, and a great foundation to build upon. Since it is a Star Wards property and it isn't a burning pile of shit, it appears to be solid gold by comparison. I think you should give it a second watch through maybe. I'd say it's a solid B with a bright future.
It's as campy as the first Star Trek.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:30 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
It's as campy as the first Star Trek.
What the hell do you think Star Wars IS?

The Mandalorian is fun as shit. And that's all it has to be.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:38 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
It's definitely overly hyped and in the grand scheme of things, it's just a TV show. In terms of story telling and story arc, it's not groundbreaking, nor are they telling any new stories. Most of the episodes "felt" just like the Clone Wars and Rebels animated series, which is fine, but they're not splitting the atom. People watch it because they're hoping it's like Star Wars of the 70's and 80's.

If this had been a brand new universe with unknown characters rehashing Western stories and circumstances, it might not make it past the first season.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:48 PM 04-14-2020
It maybe means a bit more to some (not all...) fans in my age group, who have wanted something like this from Star Wars for literally decade. Something set in the seedier side of the galaxy, without the simple black and white of the Jedi/sith conflict. Something set around smugglers and bounty hunters. And we finally got it. After a half dozen movies that completely lost the core of Star Wars this just feels like a return to the way Star Wars felt to kids in the 80s.

I've watched the series three times, and I've enjoyed it more each time. It just resonates with me.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:35 PM 04-16-2020
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ste...ne-1234582265/

Disney Plus ‘Rogue One’ Spinoff Adds Stellan Skarsgard, Kyle Soller

Tony Gilroy, who co-wrote “Rogue One,” is set to write the pilot for the series in addition to directing multiple episodes. He will work alongside series showrunner Stephen Schiff. Disney had previously indicated the show would debut in 2021, but it is unknown if the recent industry-wide shutdown caused but he COVID-19 pandemic will alter the premiere. Same goes for a production start date, which is still unknown due to the pandemic.

The untitled show focuses on Rebel agent Andor prior to the events of “Rogue One” in the early days of the Rebellion against the Empire. The show had been described as a “spy thriller” when plans for it were first revealed last year. It was also previously announced that Diego Luna would return as Andor, while Alan Tudyk is set to reprise his role as K-2SO, Andor’s droid sidekick.

Skarsgard is coming off his critically acclaimed role in “Chernobyl,” which earned him an Emmy nomination and can be seen next in Legendary’s “Dune” adaptation. He is repped by CAA and Curtis Brown Group.

The role is one of Soller biggest jobs in his career after years of cutting his teeth on British TV shows like “101 Dalmation Street” and “Poldark.” He was recently seen in the HBO movie “Brexit” opposite Benedict Cumberbatch. He is repped by Hamilton Hoddel, Hhush and Gersh.

-------
Wow, this is a nice bit of casting to go along with Alan Tudyk and Diego Luna.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:58 PM 04-16-2020
Very nice! Anticipation growing....
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:41 PM 04-16-2020
Skarsgard and Gilroy!! Boner level
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:01 PM 04-16-2020
Hopefully this show will actually make me care about Cassian Andor, the character, because the movie certainly didn't.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:36 PM 04-20-2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:01 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This is fake, btw
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:42 PM 04-20-2020
Gee, YOU THINK
[Reply]
Page 32 of 153
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »