ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trumps Misuse of Classified Server
Cosmos 10:13 PM 09-26-2019
Oh...the irony... hiding potentially incriminating phone transcripts?

What else has White House Staff squirreled away from the public?

***

WASHINGTON — Allegations by a whistleblower that White House officials misused a highly-classified database to shield President Donald Trump’s quest for information against a political opponent have raised alarm among national security experts and former government officials familiar with the secret, electronic system.

The whistleblower, whose complaint is at the heart of calls for an impeachment inquiry into Trump, also asserted that White House officials have misused the classified system multiple times to bury “politically sensitive” information detailed in records of the president’s interactions with world leaders. Former and current intelligence officers who spoke on the condition of anonymity said that, if true, such misuse should spark an investigation into the potential mishandling of a classified system.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...bells-n1059381

AND

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z...g-things-there
[Reply]
patteeu 10:01 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Sure, list out what the whistleblower got wrong.
Here's the most recent one I saw:

Scoop: Senior Govt Official tells @CBSNews Counselor to the State Department Ulrich Brechbuhl was NOT on the @POTUS call with #Zelensky, as the whistle blower complaint states.

— Christina Ruffini (@EenaRuffini) September 26, 2019

[Reply]
Marcellus 10:11 AM 09-27-2019
:-) yea I am sure Trump is the guy who is responsible for filing away transcripts.
[Reply]
Cosmos 10:16 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
You sucking up the Madcow's propaganda?

The DNI's hands were tied until executive privilege was waved.
The DNI failed to take the complaint directly to the congress and instead took it to the White House (the accused), then oddly to Barr at the DOJ (co conspirator, resulting in the attempted cover up) who collectively reclassified so as not to trigger release to Congress.

Subpoenas on the way.
[Reply]
Cosmos 10:29 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Here's the most recent one I saw:

So this is a claim by the state dept, who have a lot of skin in the game because Giuliani is throwing them under the bus.

Seems quite minor, weighed against the entirety of the report.

You say this is only the most recent, you have many more to share?
[Reply]
patteeu 10:57 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
So this is a claim by the state dept, who have a lot of skin in the game because Giuliani is throwing them under the bus.

Seems quite minor, weighed against the entirety of the report.

You say this is only the most recent, you have many more to share?
Seems quite minor huh? You're talking about a corroborated complaint, but one of the few named parties in the complaint that could offer corroboration wasn't even on the call as the "whistleblower" claims. Seems pretty significant to me.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:00 AM 09-27-2019
Sounds more and more like a frame job of Trump.
[Reply]
HemiEd 11:11 AM 09-27-2019
Let me see if I understand this correctly. The President can classify or declassify anything he wants.

But the Secretary of State cannot, correct?

Some information was classified, but is being compared to mishandling of classified material by the Secretary of State?

I swear these LIBS are so triggered they are looking for anything, just anything to justify their own ignorance.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:13 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Oh...the irony... hiding potentially incriminating phone transcripts?

What else has White House Staff squirreled away from the public?

***

WASHINGTON — Allegations by a whistleblower that White House officials misused a highly-classified database to shield President Donald Trump’s quest for information against a political opponent have raised alarm among national security experts and former government officials familiar with the secret, electronic system.

The whistleblower, whose complaint is at the heart of calls for an impeachment inquiry into Trump, also asserted that White House officials have misused the classified system multiple times to bury “politically sensitive” information detailed in records of the president’s interactions with world leaders. Former and current intelligence officers who spoke on the condition of anonymity said that, if true, such misuse should spark an investigation into the potential mishandling of a classified system.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...bells-n1059381

AND

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z...g-things-there
There's a whole bunch of anonymity in those words.
[Reply]
Messier 11:15 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Seems quite minor huh? You're talking about a corroborated complaint, but one of the few named parties in the complaint that could offer corroboration wasn't even on the call as the "whistleblower" claims. Seems pretty significant to me.
Could they be lying to protect themselves?
[Reply]
patteeu 11:25 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Messier:
Could they be lying to protect themselves?
Anything could be, but we shouldn't start drawing conclusions based on fantasies. If the guy the "whistleblower" named doesn't admit to being on the call (or if there isn't some other form of corroboration like a logbook), then there's no reason to assume the "whistleblower's" claim is accurate and there *is* a reason to think it's innacurate.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up