ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 352 of 382
« First < 252302342348349350351352 353354355356362 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 04:36 PM 08-13-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Don't think I've had Wiley Roots... I'd kind of love to move to Colorado though.
They're down the street from Weldwerks in Greeley CO, likely using the same distribution partner.

Really good beers if you see them around. Cool spot in Greeley too if you're ever there for a visit.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:40 PM 08-13-2022
Craft Beer Quick Stop on the north side of town.

Are you both planning on going to the Cards/Chiefs? I'm still monitoring ticket prices... not a fan of paying $200+/ticket for a non-playoff game (and one so early in the season), but would like to see the place.
We're 98% committed to going so I'm in the same boat of monitoring for tickets.

Kind of wondering what the gameday experience is like at...State Farm Stadium...wow that doesn't feel right saying. Like do people gather there prior to the game or just drive in and drive out?
[Reply]
lewdog 04:41 PM 08-13-2022
Craft Beer Quick Stop on the north side of town.

Are you both planning on going to the Cards/Chiefs? I'm still monitoring ticket prices... not a fan of paying $200+/ticket for a non-playoff game (and one so early in the season), but would like to see the place.
Ok that's great info. Our good friends live close to there so looks like I've got a beer stop place there now!

Yes still looking at going but paying $200 for upper deck seats feels weird to me too. But Chiefs haven't played here in many years (I went to that) so I should just go to this one too.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:42 PM 08-13-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
We're 98% committed to going so I'm in the same boat of monitoring for tickets.

Kind of wondering what the gameday experience is like at...State Farm Stadium...wow that doesn't feel right saying. Like do people gather there prior to the game or just drive in and drive out?
There's tailgating but in September it's usually still pretty toasty so plan accordingly.

Seats are all pretty good so it's a nice place to see a game. Wish it was later in the year so the roof could be open as that makes for a better experience.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:47 PM 08-13-2022
Yeah, the initial false rumor was early November and it would have been perfect.

Hotels were ~$250-300/night a few months ago and that hasn't changed, and Airbnb isn't any better. I saw some upper level tickets for ~$160 (before the TM rape), which sadly looks like an okay deal at the moment.

I know I should just not look at the final prices and yolo... and we could all meet for ax throwing and drinks at State 48 on Saturday night (that order would be safer, but perhaps less fun).
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 04:48 PM 08-13-2022
So its fall....octoberfest beer time

My fav is KCBeir Fest. Scored 4 cases today before it sells out early like last year. Second is Bobs 47, will get 4 cases this week.

Any great ones I need to try? Tried the Martin City attempt last week and was not impressed, more like disappointed.

Sam Adams octoberfest is a good one as well
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:29 PM 08-19-2022
https://thewhiskeywash.com/lifestyle...tout-variants/

Originally Posted by :
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout (14.4% ABV): Every year since its inception in 1992, Goose Island looks to honor the original Bourbon County Stout recipe. This year’s Imperial Stout is aged and blended from freshly emptied bourbon barrels from Heaven Hill, Four Roses, Wild Turkey, and Buffalo Trace distilleries. Expect flavors of vanilla, dark chocolate, toffee, molasses, almond, and dried fruit.

Goose Island Bourbon County Two-Year Barleywine Reserve (17% ABV): This reserve sees three sets of Old Fitzgerald barrels of varying ages from the distillery’s Old Fitzgerald’s Bottled-In-Bond Decanter Series. This Reserve highlights the distinct characteristics of the Barleywine aged in 14-year, 16-year and 17-year-old barrels of the whiskey. Bringing back the classic English-style Barleywine for the first time since 2018, the Two-Year Barleywine Reserve evokes the intricacies from Old Fitzgerald’s Bottled-In-Bond Series for a smooth taste of rich malt, entwined with notes of toffee, cherry, vanilla, fig, and almond.

Goose Island Bourbon County 30th Anniversary Reserve Stout (14.4% ABV): The special 30th Anniversary Stout pays homage to the union between Gregory Hall and Booker Noe that then led to subsequent years, variants, and traditions … from Black Friday lines to bottle shares and more. Going back to the inception of Bourbon County Stout, the 30th Anniversary Stout is aged from a blend of Jim Beam barrels from their Small Batch Bourbon Collection barrels including Basil Hayden, Booker’s, Baker’s and Knob Creek. Each of the bourbon barrels offer characteristics unique to each bourbon’s distinct nuances. They are then blended together for a complex and balanced expression that celebrates the heritage and legacy of both brands. And, as history would have it, Jim Beam launched their first-ever Small Batch Bourbon Collection 30 years ago. Expect notes of dark chocolate, vanilla, cherry, and almond.

Goose Island Bourbon County Biscotti Stout (TBD% ABV): The Biscotti Stout came from the brand’s HR team. Inspired by the Italian desserts of her childhood, Jill Cerone, people manager at Goose Island, dreamed up this variant after grabbing a box of chocolate-dipped biscotti from her cabinet. Working with the brewing team, Jill brought the flavor to life with notes of anise, marzipan, cocoa, and buttered toffee. The biscotti enhances flavors already found in the Bourbon County Stout and adds notes of pizzelle cookies, Easter Pane di Pasqua and, of course, almond biscotti.
Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee Stout (TBD% ABV): For the first time since 2017, a coffee variant is on the menu, this year in partnership with Goose Island neighbors Intelligentsia Coffee. Intelligentsia relies on Burundi coffee to complement the quality and tasting notes of Bourbon County Stout. The specific coffee blend combined with the Imperial Stout is called Turihamwe, which means “together,” and is a tribute to all the hands that go into making it … from the female coffee farmers in Burundi that produced the blend, to those at Intelligentsia, the first brand they worked with on a variant back in 2010. The result is a coffee variant featuring rich chocolate, coffee, and caramel flavors.

Goose Island Bourbon County Sir Isaac’s Stout (TBD% ABV): For years, brewers at Goose Island have brainstormed ways to incorporate figs in Bourbon County Stout, but faced a daunting task due to their subtle flavor. Members of the Goose Island E-commerce team, Melissa Alleguez and Ryan Hubona, came up with a recipe inspired by Melissa’s childhood memories of stealing fig cookies out of her grandma’s cookie jar during her summers on Lake Michigan. And thus, the fig cookie and graham cracker-inspired Sir Isaac’s Stout was created. Highlighting the dried fried profiles extracted from the bourbon in the barrels, brewers used Black Mission figs (10,000 pounds of them, to be specific) to create this variant resulting in characteristics of dried fruit, honey, molasses, and citrus, all reminiscent of the classic fig cookie sold on shelves today.

Goose Island Bourbon County Proprietor’s Stout (TBD% ABV): This stout is inspired by a love for cocktails and the vibrant hospitality industry in Chicago. This recipe was dreamed up after two Goose Island brewers, Jason Krasowski and Paul Cade, spent a night out on the town trying some of the best cocktails the city has to offer. The result is a brewer’s take on a jungle bird cocktail that combines banana, coconut, lime, and a new ingredient for the Bourbon County Stout family – pineapple. The flavors are innovative and fresh, but also share common expressions found in both bourbon and the Original Bourbon County Stout.

[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 08:12 PM 08-19-2022
Prop is an affront to humanity in general. I don't see a scenario where that is good. Barleywine is probably amazing. Coffee/biscotti/Isaac sound fine. 30 year is kind of bizarre with beam not exactly presenting as the highest class bourbon. You would have thought they would shoot for a big name barrel for that but I guess not.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:52 PM 08-19-2022
Yeah Goose should probably drop all new flavored variants and just stick to the reserves or specialty barrels where they actually still have dominance over other barrel programs due their network and available resources.

There’s too many other less than barrel programs out there leveraging flavors in lieu of skill or barrel quality that are doing them much better.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:40 PM 08-21-2022
Speaking of using premium barrels then flavoring with a bunch of stuff, this BL Motions of the Moon is pretty tasty. Nutella inspired, aged in ORVW barrels.

I also enjoy how BL provides suggested food pairing on their labels. This one has hazelnut cocoa grilled cheese as a suggestion. Hadn't heard of it before so Googled and found this

Imagine drinking this stout while eating that sandwich.

[Reply]
Bearcat 02:28 PM 08-21-2022
I've always really loved BCS Coffee... hopefully it's not impossible to find outside of Chicago.

And yeah, BL has some very interesting food pairing suggestions... I'd bet on average I'd have to Google 1/3 per bottle. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 11:38 AM 09-05-2022
Finally met up with the elusive Bearcat (Yes that's his real name!). Very nice lunch and he had me try a smoothie beer which was just insane. I think I found some beers worth hunting for on that Drekker line!

My parents are normally terrible gift givers. However, they did get me some nice glasses for my birthday. The cocktail glasses are very nice and probably too classy for me. These beer glasses are cool, but super thin, which surprised me. The description says they are real crystal, which means thinner glass than pub glasses. I feel like I could crush them in my hands, lol. They do have good reviews though and should make beer drinking that much more enjoyable.

https://www.amazon.com/Spiegelau-Eur...10&sr=8-1&th=1
[Reply]
lewdog 06:35 PM 09-06-2022
My friend is my Montana mule every summer and got me my beers last night when he arrived home. I think the only one you can get here is Summer Honey.

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:35 PM 09-06-2022
The glasses are a great gift!

And yeah, don't think I've ever heard of those.... 'Dump Truck' as a beer is interesting, heh.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:50 AM 09-07-2022
My brother sent me a Dragons Breath once. Probably the only dark hefenweizen I’ve ever tried.
[Reply]
Page 352 of 382
« First < 252302342348349350351352 353354355356362 > Last »
Up