ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 25
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
In Memoriam>RIP Flopnuts
Hammock Parties 08:14 PM 05-10-2020
He has passed.
[Reply]
luv 07:57 AM 05-12-2020
Why do people my age keep dying? Aren't we just now supposed to be at our mid-life crisis? Mike was great. He rode up to KC with me one time, and it was a blast. It was the first time he was going to be meeting a bunch of people, and he was excited anxious. First person I ever knew who vaped. Not sure why that comes to mind. Probably because he convinced me that it was safe to do in my car...lol. RIP.
[Reply]
KCwolf 08:49 AM 05-12-2020
Prayers to his family ... RIP Flop ... you were one of the good guys
[Reply]
bevischief 09:44 AM 05-12-2020
Holy crap.
[Reply]
burt 11:33 AM 05-12-2020
Every time I see this, I get so sad....and I am NOT good at it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:42 AM 05-12-2020
RIP...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:54 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
Every time I see this, I get so sad....and I am NOT good at it.
You're not the only one, Bro. I couldn't stop thinking about him all day and night yesterday and he's still on my mind.

I read all 83 rep notes that Mike sent over the years, which were all awesome, but it just makes me miss him even more.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:30 PM 05-12-2020
When I moved from KC to Florida I got rid of a lot of memorabilia. Mike was a huge Ken Griffey jr. fan. I had a lot of Ken Griffey jr. stuff. I met him and his wife in Springfield to give him the Griffey memorabilia.

He was like a little kid again. His eyes lighted up every time he discovered something else. He got on the phone and called his mom to tell her of all the cool Griffey stuff he was getting. I know he had his demons to overcome, as we all do but, this is how I chose to remember Mike, in this moment.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:02 PM 05-12-2020
This may sound stupid - but are his non-CP friends and family aware of this thread?

Families always love to hear stories they've never heard at times like tis - from people who knew their loved one. This thread might be something they'd cherish - to know how many people he touched on a message board - which is completely out of the ordinary. Has anyone here made as many real life or involved correspondence connections as Flopnuts?

Edit: well I figured out I can just send the thread to Eric on Facebook, who's running his account. I figure he's already aware but just in case. I hope that's ok. I can't imagine it would be a bad thing on balance.

Edit edit: I can remove the message real quick if anyone who knew Michael better than me thinks I acted out of turn.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:15 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
This may sound stupid - but are his non-CP friends and family aware of this thread?

Families always love to hear stories they've never heard at times like tis - from people who knew their loved one. This thread might be something they'd cherish - to know how many people he touched on a message board - which is completely out of the ordinary. Has anyone here made as many real life or involved correspondence connections as Flopnuts?

Edit: well I figured out I can just send the thread to Eric on Facebook, who's running his account. I figure he's already aware but just in case. I hope that's ok. I can't imagine it would be a bad thing on balance.

Edit edit: I can remove the message real quick if anyone who knew Michael better than me thinks I acted out of turn.
I actually thought about doing something similar for FMB but never did.

With that said, I think you should be ok with sending it. I'd assume with a long time member their families would be aware of it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:26 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
You're not the only one, Bro. I couldn't stop thinking about him all day and night yesterday and he's still on my mind.

I read all 83 rep notes that Mike sent over the years, which were all awesome, but it just makes me miss him even more.
It still doesn’t feel fucking real.
[Reply]
eDave 01:26 PM 05-12-2020
This may be the most heartfelt RIP thread I've seen here. Says a lot about the guy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:35 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It still doesn’t feel fucking real.
Yeah, it outright fucking blows.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:38 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, it outright fucking blows.
Mike was the one guy that I wouldn’t have expected this. Dude was just always fucking happy and optimistic when I would talk to him.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:40 PM 05-12-2020
He was pretty real about his health issues and other stuff on FB.
[Reply]
Monty 02:05 PM 05-12-2020
I'm digging through some of the tailgating pics and will be adding a few that I have. This first one is of us admiring the beer flag. Floppy and rockymtnchief are to the left. :-)

[Reply]
Page 18 of 25
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up