ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 162 of 341
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
bdj23 03:27 PM 10-06-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
What kind of self-defense ammo do you prefer mac? I've been going with CorBon Self Defense, 9MM, 115 Grain, Jacketed Hollow Point, +P:

https://www.foundryoutdoors.com/prod...nt=47212629514
I have speer gold dot +p 124 grain jhp
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:37 PM 10-06-2019
Here is that article I mentioned earlier.

https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/lodge...-defense-ammo/
[Reply]
Otter 01:35 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by mac459:

That's an interesting article. I've been meaning to run some Federal Premium HST 9mm 124 Gr JHP through my CCW. Seems to be the creme de la crème for self defense rounds. Might as well just burn a Washington every time you pop one off. Expensive ammo but worth it if you need it.

On a side note, I have never heard of Magtech ammo before reading that article.

Thanks! :-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:14 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
That's an interesting article. I've been meaning to run some Federal Premium HST 9mm 124 Gr JHP through my CCW. Seems to be the creme de la crème for self defense rounds. Might as well just burn a Washington every time you pop one off. Expensive ammo but worth it if you need it.

On a side note, I have never heard of Magtech ammo before reading that article.

Thanks! :-)
Not a problem, glad to help. Hopefully it helps you out and anyone else who takes a look.
[Reply]
srvy 02:22 PM 10-07-2019
Bookmarked! Lots of good info in that article thanks.

typed with my trusty nose picker using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 03:58 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by mac459:

TMI :-):-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:49 AM 10-14-2019
So with all the talk about guns, I thought I'd say a bit about the most important part about owning and bearing a defensive firearm, and that is proper training. If you've taken a CCW class, good for you.

But that 4 hour, or 6 hour, or 8 hour class is just the tip of the iceberg; if that's the only organized professional training you've had with your handgun you might as well leave the thing in your safe or closet or wherever you keep your gun at home.

Proper training is an ongoing systematic effort on our part to ensure the highest probability of not only protecting ourselves and our loves ones, but also innocent bystanders, while at the same time stopping the threat as quickly as possible. The continuing development and advancement of both our physical and mental skills can only benefit us and make us safer and more efficient in the handling of our weapons in crisis situations.

Also, training can be a lot of fun. I was lucky and found a couple instructors in the same area that I've been working with for a few years now.

One thing I realized after talking with friends is how lucky I am that I found these two instructors. I only went through two other instructors before finding Mr. Rob H. and Mr. Dave B. both of whom not only have a wealth of good information and real world experience, but also the ability to teach that knowledge concisely.

In other words, sometimes it can take time to find the right instructor, that not only has the experience and the knowledge you're seeking, but also a personality that meshes with my own.

Last week I was at another training class, and some of it was videotaped for instructional purposes, and for our own review. To give you guys an idea of the kind of training that's out there if you've never participated in one, I'm providing a link to a short 10-second clip of one of the drills we ran last week.

This one is a 3v1 drill, at close quarters, in low light. This was rep 2, so there was still enough light to identify targets without a flashlight, as well as adequately see your sights. There was also no reload cycle during this drill.

Unfortunately, the camera didn't capture all three targets in frame; the third target is 11 yards away and just left of the edge of the screen. The first target is about 3 yards, and the second is about 5.

I made one mistake during the drill; I didn't protect my head and face with my off-hand at the draw, but I performed all other elements correctly.

https://youtu.be/MXds-RgjOe4

Get proper training. Continue to train when possible. Good training can only benefit the responsible gun-owner.

And training can really be a lot more fun than just poking holes in paper.

Peace.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 04:29 PM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So with all the talk about guns, I thought I'd say a bit about the most important part about owning and bearing a defensive firearm, and that is proper training. If you've taken a CCW class, good for you.

But that 4 hour, or 6 hour, or 8 hour class is just the tip of the iceberg; if that's the only organized professional training you've had with your handgun you might as well leave the thing in your safe or closet or wherever you keep your gun at home.

Proper training is an ongoing systematic effort on our part to ensure the highest probability of not only protecting ourselves and our loves ones, but also innocent bystanders, while at the same time stopping the threat as quickly as possible. The continuing development and advancement of both our physical and mental skills can only benefit us and make us safer and more efficient in the handling of our weapons in crisis situations.

Also, training can be a lot of fun. I was lucky and found a couple instructors in the same area that I've been working with for a few years now.

One thing I realized after talking with friends is how lucky I am that I found these two instructors. I only went through two other instructors before finding Mr. Rob H. and Mr. Dave B. both of whom not only have a wealth of good information and real world experience, but also the ability to teach that knowledge concisely.

In other words, sometimes it can take time to find the right instructor, that not only has the experience and the knowledge you're seeking, but also a personality that meshes with my own.

Last week I was at another training class, and some of it was videotaped for instructional purposes, and for our own review. To give you guys an idea of the kind of training that's out there if you've never participated in one, I'm providing a link to a short 10-second clip of one of the drills we ran last week.

This one is a 3v1 drill, at close quarters, in low light. This was rep 2, so there was still enough light to identify targets without a flashlight, as well as adequately see your sights. There was also no reload cycle during this drill.

Unfortunately, the camera didn't capture all three targets in frame; the third target is 11 yards away and just left of the edge of the screen. The first target is about 3 yards, and the second is about 5.

I made one mistake during the drill; I didn't protect my head and face with my off-hand at the draw, but I performed all other elements correctly.

https://youtu.be/MXds-RgjOe4

Get proper training. Continue to train when possible. Good training can only benefit the responsible gun-owner.

And training can really be a lot more fun than just poking holes in paper.

Peace.
Thanks for the link, pretty good stuff. I'm glad you found good instructors because they really help and are worth their weight in gold IMHO. Unfortunately this was my last instructor and well, I'm lucky to be alive :-)

[Reply]
bigjosh 09:27 PM 11-08-2019
Picked up this little rocking machine this week. Thing is fun, accurate, compact and really well built.

[Reply]
Dunit35 10:27 PM 11-08-2019
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Picked up this little rocking machine this week. Thing is fun, accurate, compact and really well built.

You like the folding stock?

I picked a used one up from a coworker a month or so ago. Haven’t shot it. Has the SB Tactical brace. Came with a Vortex $140 red dot, 6 mags, and a MaGpul sling. $600 for all of it.
[Reply]
bigjosh 10:34 PM 11-08-2019
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
You like the folding stock?

I picked a used one up from a coworker a month or so ago. Haven’t shot it. Has the SB Tactical brace. Came with a Vortex $140 red dot, 6 mags, and a MaGpul sling. $600 for all of it.

The triangle folder brace seems great so far. It gives it that traditional ak look, and it fits me well. That said, i would probably rather have the same thing, but non folding if it were available. Im never going to shoot it folded, ad i see no reason for it lol.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:54 PM 11-30-2019
Want

https://www.maxim.com/gear/bac-tacti...NjA7lFDw7grM1U
[Reply]
bigjosh 03:12 PM 01-09-2020
Peep my new 3gun open division setup.

[Reply]
Frazod 08:27 PM 01-31-2020
Just got one of these:

Sig P365 XL. Perfect sized carry gun with excellent capacity (12+1) plus night sights. Picking it up Monday night.
:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:09 PM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just got one of these:

Sig P365 XL. Perfect sized carry gun with excellent capacity (12+1) plus night sights. Picking it up Monday night.
:-)
Interesting trigger shape...
[Reply]
Page 162 of 341
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212262 > Last »
Up