ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 161 of 341
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Otter 05:43 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I've got one on my nightstand. It's easy to shoot and easy to take apart and clean. I like it a lot.
That's everything I've read. I'm guessing they're priced so reasonable is because of the mod 2 release.

That's a hard deal to pass up for a handgun with such good reviews. Let alone a Smith & Wesson.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:34 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
That's everything I've read. I'm guessing they're priced so reasonable is because of the mod 2 release.

That's a hard deal to pass up for a handgun with such good reviews. Let alone a Smith & Wesson.
I had an M&P 9c that was okay, but I got rid of it when I upgraded to the CZ. Haven't tried any of the newer models yet, but I've heard nothing but good things. I'm pretty much set for pistolas at the moment, though.

Replenished my 45 ACP stock. Got 500 rounds of CCI Blazer Brass from Palmetto for $193, including taxes and shipping. Pretty good deal, especially considering the alternative of buying it locally. And while they may be a bit slow shipping guns (Hi Dunit! :-) ) I ordered the ammo on the 27th and got it today. Would have had it yesterday but the UPS guy showed up before anybody was home so nobody could sign for it.
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:50 PM 10-02-2019
Picked up a Tikka T3x Superlite 300 win mag in green with a Leupold VX-3i scope. I know it's a little big for the job but it destroyed a very large (for the area) antelope last weekend. Gotta get it scored yet.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:00 PM 10-02-2019
SMITH & WESSON M&P SHIELD 9MM - $249

Anyone have any experience with this handgun? All the research I've done says nothing but good things.

I'm thinking of picking one up.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/smit...eldtm-9mm.html
I have two of them. 1.0 and 2.0. Great gun. Trigger out of the box is a little stiff. Also if you don't know, the trigger is one of those hinged in the middle types. Some people don't like that. I didn't so I upgraded to an Apex Tactical aluminum flat-faced trigger. Almost 3,000 reds through the 1.0 without a single malfunction of any kind, running brass cased, Russian steel cased, and my own reloads. It has run bullets that my Glock 19 won't cycle.

One thing to be aware of: the slide stop is exactly that. It ISN'T A SLIDE RELEASE. Meaning, that it's not designed to be pushed down to release the slide after lock back. S&W designed the gun so that you have to slingshot the slide to get the gun back into battery.

Recoil spring system is designed to mitigate recoil so muzzle flip is reduced.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:14 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I have two of them. 1.0 and 2.0. Great gun. Trigger out of the box is a little stiff. Also if you don't know, the trigger is one of those hinged in the middle types. Some people don't like that. I didn't so I upgraded to an Apex Tactical aluminum flat-faced trigger. Almost 3,000 reds through the 1.0 without a single malfunction of any kind, running brass cased, Russian steel cased, and my own reloads. It has run bullets that my Glock 19 won't cycle.

One thing to be aware of: the slide stop is exactly that. It ISN'T A SLIDE RELEASE. Meaning, that it's not designed to be pushed down to release the slide after lock back. S&W designed the gun so that you have to slingshot the slide to get the gun back into battery.

That's the way you're supposed to do it. Not using the slide release was one of the first bad habits I had to unlearn when I started training with serious shooters. Going over the top is second nature now.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:31 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That's the way you're supposed to do it. Not using the slide release was one of the first bad habits I had to unlearn when I started training with serious shooters. Going over the top is second nature now.
Same. I just mentioned it because so many people try to use it as a release, and then complain when it doesn't work that way.
[Reply]
Otter 11:21 AM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Well, I pulled the trigger. Almost bought 2 at the price. I actually tried, hard, to find bad reviews about this pistol and couldn't find any besides minor complaints that can be handled with alterations.

Will review after after pumping a couple rounds through.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:50 PM 10-04-2019
https://www.budsgunshop.com/mobile/p..._number?cpath=

Don’t know if anyone has seen this, but I thought it was funny.

I own a few Henry rifles and I love them, great shooting guns.
[Reply]
Pointer19 01:35 PM 10-06-2019
Finally got my class pistol after eight months of waiting. Time to build a display case.

[Reply]
srvy 01:56 PM 10-06-2019
That's a beauty.
[Reply]
bdj23 02:04 PM 10-06-2019
Anyone got a link for bulk .223/5.56?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:21 PM 10-06-2019
Try ammoseek.com

It will bring up a bunch of different sites with the price

Also carolinamunitions.com is another plane I go to
[Reply]
Otter 03:01 PM 10-06-2019
Originally Posted by mac459:
Try ammoseek.com

It will bring up a bunch of different sites with the price

Also carolinamunitions.com is another plane I go to
What kind of self-defense ammo do you prefer mac? I've been going with CorBon Self Defense, 9MM, 115 Grain, Jacketed Hollow Point, +P:

https://www.foundryoutdoors.com/prod...nt=47212629514
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:11 PM 10-06-2019
What kind of self-defense ammo do you prefer mac? I've been going with CorBon Self Defense, 9MM, 115 Grain, Jacketed Hollow Point, +P:

https://www.foundryoutdoors.com/prod...nt=47212629514
I’m a pretty big fan of Hornady Critical Defense, admittedly I’m a Hornady guy. Use a lot of their bullets in reloading and have always had really good luck. Not a thing wrong with CorBon, they have good products.

I kind of fall into a weird group, I buy a few different self defense types and shoot them through each gun I intend to carry. Then I will use whatever will feed the best with that pistol. A couple of my pistols don’t like the Critical Defense, I think it’s due to the rubber on the tip of the bullet.

I will try to find an article I read a while ago about self defense rounds, and post it up.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:17 PM 10-06-2019
SGAmmo usually has pretty good prices.

Ditto on Hornady Critical Defense. Good stuff.
[Reply]
Page 161 of 341
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Up