ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 341
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 05:42 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
The M1A standard (Walnut) that I have was a tad under $1400. You bet, they are pricey as hell - but worth every penny....it shoots like a friggin dream.
I just checked Palmetto for shits and giggles - they are completely sold out of M1As.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:46 PM 03-17-2018
The M1A standard (Walnut) that I have was a tad under $1400. You bet, they are pricey as hell - but worth every penny....it shoots like a friggin dream.
Talk about pricey, went into the local sporting goods store for some 45 rounds and shotgun shells for the new 12 gauge, thats when an AK47 caught my eye... standard wood stock and wood barrel grip

$750 they wanted for that mfer, not sure of the brand because I didnt bother asking to hold it... it was hard enough just finding someone to unlock the ammo case

It just kills me how much cheaper many things are when buying online, something I just dont like to do... yet guys here are posting up places that sell them in all black with folding/tactical stocks for $500
[Reply]
bigjosh 05:53 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Talk about pricey, went into the local sporting goods store for some 45 rounds and shotgun shells for the new 12 gauge, thats when an AK47 caught my eye... standard wood stock and wood barrel grip

$750 they wanted for that mfer, not sure of the brand because I didnt bother asking to hold it... it was hard enough just finding someone to unlock the ammo case

It just kills me how much cheaper many things are when buying online, something I just dont like to do... yet guys here are posting up places that sell them in all black with folding/tactical stocks for $500
eh, im all for supporting local shops. Im not about getting gouged though.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:56 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
I will apparently have to hit up a gun show to get what I want for a fair price
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:52 PM 03-17-2018
i wouldn't buy either for that price. you can build an upper with mlok and match grade barrel at least 100, probably $200 cheaper.

Check palmetto. Roscoe barrels are great as well.
I was trying to keep from building. I have built well over 200 for friends, family, myself. Was just wanting a quick easy buy and slap on
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:55 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I will apparently have to hit up a gun show to get what I want for a fair price
Prices at gun shows tend to be pretty high. You may find a deal but I wouldn't go in too hopeful.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 07:59 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by mac459:
Ok everyone, need advice/suggestions on these 2 uppers. Anyone have any experience or know of anyone who has experience with them

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/95...-lok-handguard

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Rad...-fhr20-6.5.htm
Check out Stag arms, they have uppers for good prices
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:27 PM 03-17-2018
I rarely buy in person anymore. Our local shops are way over priced. I’m amazed one of the stores is still open. I’ve been in there twice in the last year (on a Saturday) and they were dead. I’m not a big fan of modern firearms as I usually stick to WWII related. Which our local stores never carry any of those.

On a side note. I’ve now been waiting 11 months for my suppressor. That’s ridiculous.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:36 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I rarely buy in person anymore. Our local shops are way over priced. I’m amazed one of the stores is still open. I’ve been in there twice in the last year (on a Saturday) and they were dead. I’m not a big fan of modern firearms as I usually stick to WWII related. Which our local stores never carry any of those.

On a side note. I’ve now been waiting 11 months for my suppressor. That’s ridiculous.
That's fucking ridiculous! There's simply NOTHING that can take that long!
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:40 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
That's ****ing ridiculous! There's simply NOTHING that can take that long!
I finally called the shop last week. He called the ATF and they said it was in the background check stage. They shockingly cashed my tax stamp check two weeks after I completed the paperwork.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:42 PM 03-17-2018
I finally called the shop last week. He called the ATF and they said it was in the background check stage. They shockingly cashed my tax stamp check two weeks after I completed the paperwork.
It's simply wrong... I could understand a week, maybe two, but this is simply stupid. And I'm pretty sure it's politically driven..
[Reply]
Frazod 10:19 PM 03-17-2018
That’s really surprising. I wouldn’t think they’d jerk a cop around like that.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:30 AM 03-18-2018

Backorder like crazy? Geezzz....for no more than a suppressor does, I think I'd ask for my money back...
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:00 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I just checked Palmetto for shits and giggles - they are completely sold out of M1As.

They are damned fine rifles, indeed. Granted, I enjoy the AR-10 - but when I am doing some really long range shooting - 500 yards and out - I prefer the M1A with the Leupold scope on it. I have actually hit targets at 800 meters on several occasions and once, at 1,000 meters (pure luck).

The rifle brings back the "good old days" of my stint in the Army. Who I first joined, we used the M14s and for the first 3 months in Viet Nam. Then we transitioned over the M16s.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:05 PM 03-18-2018
They are damned fine rifles, indeed. Granted, I enjoy the AR-10 - but when I am doing some really long range shooting - 500 yards and out - I prefer the M1A with the Leupold scope on it. I have actually hit targets at 800 meters on several occasions and once, at 1,000 meters (pure luck).

The rifle brings back the "good old days" of my stint in the Army. Who I first joined, we used the M14s and for the first 3 months in Viet Nam. Then we transitioned over the M16s.
That's impressive. The farthest I've been able to shoot my M1A is 200 yards. I go with my buddy to an outdoor club he belongs to, and they have ranges up to 600, but you have to be a member and go through a bunch of member shit to use anything over 200, so I haven't done it.

I sure miss the days when I had the use of long dead relatives' farms for this sort of thing. :-)
[Reply]
Page 112 of 341
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Up