ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 42
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Smith is the best QB on the roster right now
Titty Meat 11:46 AM 08-12-2017
If Smith goes down this year the team is fucked. He's clearly the best QB on the roster right now.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:04 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
KC has lost by a total of 10 points in 3 play-offs games...fumbles, injuries, dropped passes, questionable penalties and crap-tastic clock management.

They arent getting blown-out...they are beating themselves.
Don't forget questionable play calling at crucial times.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:04 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
And fisher gets beat by the 50-yr-old steroid man Harrison on a crucial 2-pt play.

Alex made mistakes too but the game wasn't all on him.
Harrison fucking flopped on that play, and it drew the first holding call of the second half (as BlackOp pointed out).
[Reply]
penbrook 01:05 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Doesn't cater to their narrative
Crucial plays! Cyrus Gray can't catch a wide open TD pass. Bowe thinks it's college where you only have to get 1 foot down. The pats game once again our RBs fumble the ball. Shocking it's West again. Steeled game. Kelce drops wide open pass. Guess who? West fumbles another ball. Schwartz allowed the DE to blow up Smith untouched which caused a INT. Defense allowed chunk plays at a tim. Red zone defense was solid
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:13 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Doesn't cater to their narrative
Jah Reid got bitch-slapped...caused Smith's arm to get hit resulting in an INT. That play resulted in a FG..and the rest is history. Chiefs just missed a sack on Ben..and he completed that bomb over Houston. They sack him...different game.

Just watched that high-light video...KC's run defense was terrible.
[Reply]
penbrook 01:17 PM 08-15-2017
Jah Reid got bitch-slapped...caused Smith's arm to get hit resulting in an INT. That play resulted in a FG..and the rest is history. Chiefs just missed a sack on Ben..and he completed that bomb over Houston. They sack him...different game.

Just watched that high-light video...KC's run defense was terrible.
Why on earth was Houston covering Brown 50 yards downfield
[Reply]
dls6501 05:50 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's a fair response. There's a variety of factors but generally if you are a bad QB there is no way you are going to put consecutive winning seasons together like Alex Smith has the past, what is 6 seasons now? Maybe one fluke season but eventually teams will catch on to your style and shut you down. That has not happened with Alex.

The reason I use W-L with Alex is because I can tell just by his interviews that he uses a style that he knows works for him and tends to do enough to win and that is it. He doesn't care about stats.

He plays it safe and doesn't make the big mistake. If he needs to be more aggressive he will, particularly in clutch time. But in general he plays not to make the big mistake which when you combine with a good defense makes Alex Smith led teams pretty hard to beat.

I always point to Alex quote on Cam

"This is the honest truth: I could absolutely care less on yards per game," Smith said. "I think that's a totally overblown stat. Because if you're losing games in the second half, guess what? You're like the Carolina Panthers and you're going no-huddle the entire second half and, yeah, Cam Newton threw for a lot of 300-yard games, that's great. You're not winning, though."

Obviously Alex went a little overboard but you can tell that he isn't a gunslinger because his style is what he feels is most effective for him and it clearly works based on his W-L record with us.
And I always laugh at that quote.

2016 Top 10 in passing yards per game:

Saints
Redskins
Falcons
Patriots
Colts
Steelers
Packers
Chargers
Cardinals
Seahawks

2015 top 10 in passing yards per game:

Saints
Cardinals
Steelers
Chargers
Patriots
Falcons
Giants
Ravens
Lions
Jaguars

I could keep going. How many of those teams I just listed were losing teams that had to do nothing but pass? 20%? 10%? If that?

Just a ridiculous idea that passing yards per game equates to teams who are constantly losing in the 2H. Yes, there are some examples of this (2015 Jaguars). But an overwhelming majority are winning teams.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:16 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
There's a difference between anointing him as the best QB to ever play the game and refusing to acknowledge when he does positive things on the field in spite of the evidence being right in your own fucking face.

Just fucking incredible. You didn't think the guy looked confident and poised on Friday? You didn't think he had some nice throws? You didn't see anything that made you go, "Damn, this guy is good!"?
he wasn't impressed AT ALL.

His words.
[Reply]
Mav 06:55 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Super Bowl appearances for Cam: 1 in 6 seasons.

Super Bowl appearances for Alex: ZERO in 11 seasons!!!! 0!!! Zilch!!! Freaking ZERO!!!

"Hey, is that a piece of shit coated with white chocolate?!! No, it's a metaphor for Alex Smith!!! A "Shitty" looking Zero candy bar!!!"

Wrong but okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mav 06:59 PM 08-15-2017
He's an Alex-only fan.

Sandy, PASmitttyGuy, Penbrook, threebag, JakeF, Temper11, 13now11, Mav, Tiger and the Alex-sexiest Alexsexual of them all:

"You guessed it, Baby Lee."

All Alexsexuals.

Oh. Okay Rico. Interesting.

[Reply]
rico 08:08 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Mav:
Oh. Okay Rico. Interesting.

Was just razzin' man...nothing personal towards you. I like you. I don't know what your stance is on Alex these days anyways. And I don't really care. Just because someone is an Alex-Chiefs fan or an Alex-only fan, doesn't mean I don't like them. Look at Sandy...I give that dude tons of shit...I don't dislike him.
[Reply]
rico 08:24 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Mav:
Wrong but okay.

Cam has been to 1, Shitty has been to zero...? Right?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:32 PM 08-15-2017
That guy is a mult. Or an Alexual posing as a Chiefs fan when it's obvious he's not.

These Alexuals are reaching a new point of crazy. They are now creating mult accounts and posing as actual Chiefs fans in their freaking usernames to "prove" that they are Chiefs fans...even though they fail to realize that their Alexuality is noticeable after like 5 posts to the point where they can be transparent, for Alex-only fans are THAT transparent. It is freaking weird.
It might be easy to give Alex some props if his fans, especially the transplants, weren't such complete tool bags.

You know what I like the most?

The fact that Smith and his lopp-dicked fans will never, never, never, never, ever receive the respect from the long-time members of the CP QB1 Death Cult which they so brazenly crave!

NEVAH! :-)

I love having a QB that can go into Denver and beat them, twice in a row, in their house...and ruin their season on Christmas in front of a national audience. Clowning the Raiders $25 million dollar QB four times in a row is a bonus too...

I am guilty of that..I'll admit.

People can hate on Smith..but he has owned the AFCW the past 2 years...11-1. How can any Chiefs fan be pissed about that?

He was also part of blowing out the Pats...and sending Brady-boy to the bench...on a national broadcast. He was part of benching Manningstien too... He might be the only QB to ever do that to both. Hate him if you want but that's pretty awesome...
You know, it would be GREAT if Smith were the one doing all of these things you are describing.

But....

yeah, no.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:15 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:

You know, it would be GREAT if Smith were the one doing all of these things you are describing.

But....

yeah, no.
Shhh...the adults are talking. Here's some crayons...go draw a picture of your "angries".
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:35 PM 08-15-2017
Shhh...the adults are talking. Here's some crayons...go draw a picture of your "angries".
Apparently, the "adults" are retards.
[Reply]
threebag 02:15 AM 08-16-2017
:-)
[Reply]
Page 18 of 42
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up