ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 42
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Smith is the best QB on the roster right now
Titty Meat 11:46 AM 08-12-2017
If Smith goes down this year the team is fucked. He's clearly the best QB on the roster right now.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:27 PM 08-14-2017
Jfc. Of course
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:28 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Fluke or not, they have a good line and Dak thrived with it...
Ok that makes more sense. I still disagree but I thought you were saying their skill was a fluke and wouldn't continue.

Smith, Frederick, and Martin were all pretty safe picks. They came with a high chance of working out. Hell, a lot of Giants fans wanted Martin over OBJ. Even Collins talent wasn't really doubted, just his character. I wouldn't describe all of those talents working out as a fluke.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:05 PM 08-14-2017
You know, all of this discussion has made me think about a rookie quarterback about 10 years ago. He was drafted around the middle of the first round and was supposed to sit a year like Mahomes. I believe that he was even supposed to be the 3rd string quarterback because he was considered to be so green. Then the starter and the backup got injured thrusting him into the lineup on day one. He responded by taking his team to the playoffs and winning 2 games on the road. He has since made it to the AFC championship game 3 times and earned a Superbowl ring and Superbowl MVP. You guys know who I'm talking about. Anyway. I said all of that to say that I wouldn't say that Mahomes would fair as well if he were thrust into the starter role right away. But that he wouldn't necessarily be ruined by doing it either. I see a lot of people polarized one way or the other on this subject. But every player and every situation is different. There's no right or wrong answer here. There are stories of success and stories of failure to support both sides of the argument.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:08 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Jfc. Of course
:-)
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:10 PM 08-14-2017
Crap! Posted that in the wrong thread. Well, I'm gonna repost it in the Mahomes thread. To the repost police, I'll beat you to it.

Q
[Reply]
dls6501 10:20 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
3rd best win % over the years. Sure sounds like things were working, 9ers fan.

Dynamic and high production? nope... but it was working. Team just needs to be healthy and hot against the other top teams in the playoffs... and they have not been.
What a shocker that you missed the point.

My point is that if Reid's offense was so difficult to learn and it took Alex 2 years to learn it, the logical assumption would be that Alex's grasp on leading the offense and production would be markedly different in year 3 and 4 as it was in year 1 and 2. It wasnt.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:29 AM 08-15-2017
Remember when Foles came in during Indy...and the Smith bash-tards were SO excited for him to start the following week...until they actually saw him play an entire game.

The roaches went scurrying back under the baseboards....
[Reply]
rico 01:37 AM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Remember when Foles came in during Indy...and the Smith bash-tards were SO excited for him to start the following week...until they actually saw him play an entire game.

I was not one that scurried away.

Foles completed 20 out of 32 passes for 187 yards with 1 TD and 0 INT's. He wasn't, by any means, a world-beater in that game and he threw a couple very risky passes that could have been picked, but his performance wasn't as bad as a lot of you try to make it sound. Let's not act like we haven't seen much, much worse performances from Alex on several occasions.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:40 AM 08-15-2017

come on, it was the jaguars. they give teams problems all the time. they are perennial contenders every year. :-)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
rico 03:42 AM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
come on, it was the jaguars. they give teams problems all the time. they are perennial contenders every year. :-)

Spoiler!
Their defense wasn't that bad, homeslice.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/t...sition/defense
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:07 AM 08-15-2017

HAI GUIZ; remember when the Chiefs acquired Foles and all the Alex-bashers rejoiced?!?!?

Yeah, me neither.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:26 AM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by penchief:
Alex Smith is his name. I like Alex as a person and appreciate his contribution to turning around the culture of this team. But the persistent use of Smitty by penbrook makes me wish he was already gone.
Someone should make a new fucked up smilie that gets replaced when smitty is typed.
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:44 AM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
If Smith goes down this year the team is ****ed. He's clearly the best QB on the roster right now.
I am sure it's been said, but this is a throwaway season anyway. I hope Alex stays healthy - so that Mahomes is not rushed into playing, not because this team has any serious super bowl aspirations.
[Reply]
JohnV 07:26 AM 08-15-2017

Seeing how the season ended the way everyone predicted, there was nothing wrong with people wanting to see what Foles could do.

Who knows, maybe your offense would of at least resembled an NFL offense after a few weeks with Foles. We know it never did with Alex. All Foles did was win, big mistake not giving him more time imo.
[Reply]
rico 07:32 AM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by JohnV:
Seeing how the season ended the way everyone predicted, there was nothing wrong with people wanting to see what Foles could do.

Who knows, maybe your offense would of at least resembled an NFL offense after a few weeks with Foles. We know it never did with Alex. All Foles did was win, big mistake not giving him more time imo.
That's right. All Foles did was win for us. Let's not hate on him for it!!!
[Reply]
Page 12 of 42
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up