ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 42
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Smith is the best QB on the roster right now
Titty Meat 11:46 AM 08-12-2017
If Smith goes down this year the team is fucked. He's clearly the best QB on the roster right now.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:56 PM 08-14-2017
This might rival Billy's "Trump Is Done" thread by seasons end.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:17 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Mav:
Age isn't the qualifier for me. Mahomes is going from learning English to Chinese . It's not as simple as "it's football, if you can play you can play."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh horse shit. Some of you make such a big deal out of this. It's ridiculous. No, it's NOTHING like going from English to Chineese.

Yes, it really is as simple as "if you can play you can play".

A post route by any other name is still a fucking post route.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:00 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Oh horse shit. Some of you make such a big deal out of this. It's ridiculous. No, it's NOTHING like going from English to Chineese.

Yes, it really is as simple as "if you can play you can play".

A post route by any other name is still a ****ing post route.
I actually agree with this. The english to chinese thing is a terrible analogy, it would be more like going from Spanish (latin based) to Italian (also latin based).....

ANd above all of that some people have 'it' and some don't...You cant make any broad generalizations about how long it may or may not take for him to excel. You would start (like any language) with the basics...days of the week, numbers, colors, present tenses....and then feed more and more as they grasped it...continuing to work on more and more complex subtle nuances of the 'language' every additional season.

Even someone like Tom brady is still working constantly to perfect the 'language' ...like some kind of complex beautiful poetry or advanced novel , like Finnegan's Wake.

The work (towards perfection) never ends, and you have to start somewhere...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:07 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
If we can win with Smith. We can win with Mahomes. It's not like Mahomes is replacing some sort of legend or anything. He would be replacing Alex Smith.
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
People can keep coming up with a million reasons Mahomes should not start at all this year- but the Odds are he will.

Smith most likely won't make it through the whole season without getting banged up again at least for one game. Mahomes will take his job at that point.
Mahomes is going in to this season as #2, so people need to replace their worry-pads and get the fuck over it.

Do you think Mahomes wants to sit behind Tyler fucking Bray for a year?
FUCK no.
And that's why he's working to whip Tyler's ass right off the roster if need be.
He wants that 2 and all the responsibilities that come with it, so he can prove to Reid that he's ready to compete for the starting job in 2018.

Thank God this kid has more moxie and balls than 1/2 the posters of this forum who somehow think they have ascended to Head Coach status.

Jesus...
[Reply]
dls6501 07:16 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Mav:
I don't think I remotely implied that he was a dumb jock. I'll break it down further. It took Donovan McNabb two full seasons to fully get Reid's system. It took Alex Smith about that long and he had already played in McCarthys system which is similar. The luxury is that the Chiefs don't have to rush Mahomes. It's a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it truly took Alex Smith 2 years to learn Andy Reid's system, wouldnt that imply that he was more successful at running it in years 3 and 4 than he was in years 1 and 2? Because he wasnt. Basically 4 years of the same Alex.
[Reply]
threebag 07:21 PM 08-14-2017
Alex will be fine
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 07:24 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by dls6501:
If it truly took Alex Smith 2 years to learn Andy Reid's system, wouldnt that imply that he was more successful at running it in years 3 and 4 than he was in years 1 and 2? Because he wasnt. Basically 4 years of the same Alex.
3rd best win % over the years. Sure sounds like things were working, 9ers fan.

Dynamic and high production? nope... but it was working. Team just needs to be healthy and hot against the other top teams in the playoffs... and they have not been.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:53 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
3rd best win % over the years. Sure sounds like things were working, 9ers fan.

Dynamic and high production? nope... but it was working. Team just needs to be healthy and hot against the other top teams in the playoffs... and they have not been.
You who's NOT going to need all players present and all cylinders firing after his 10th+ year in the league?

Mocha Peen, that's who.
[Reply]
tomahawkchop25 08:51 PM 08-14-2017
in all honesty, mahomes should take over as the starter as soon as the game isn't too big for him. whether that's week 1 or week 8 or next year. the game on friday night - was not too big for him. he was poised and in control. he looked as confident as any rookie i've ever seen. i'm inclined to think he should take over before the season is over.

alex won't win anything of importance. not this year. not ever. it's not his tools; it's his mindset.

the sooner mahomes takes the reigns, the better. guys like derek carr, mariota, dak, russ wilson, jameis winston, andrew luck, andy dalton, big ben, matt ryan and several others have succeeded from the get-go. if he's ready, then he's ready. forget the "he doesn't know reid's system yet" nonsense. good coaches adjust to their players.

and to this point, reid's system hasn't won a damn thing (nfc championships notwithstanding). mahomes is the most talented qb he's ever had. he needs to adjust as needed. patrick wouldn't be suffering the same fate as the elder carr, bortles and other qb's who were potentially ruined by starting too early. he's on a good team. he'll be able to grow into it without needing to be a savior.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:58 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by tomahawkchop25:
in all honesty, mahomes should take over as the starter as soon as the game isn't too big for him. whether that's week 1 or week 8 or next year. the game on friday night - was not too big for him. he was poised and in control. he looked as confident as any rookie i've ever seen. i'm inclined to think he should take over before the season is over.

alex won't win anything of importance. not this year. not ever. it's not his tools; it's his mindset.

the sooner mahomes takes the reigns, the better. guys like derek carr, mariota, dak, russ wilson, jameis winston, andrew luck, andy dalton, big ben, matt ryan and several others have succeeded from the get-go. if he's ready, then he's ready. forget the "he doesn't know reid's system yet" nonsense. good coaches adjust to their players.

and to this point, reid's system hasn't won a damn thing (nfc championships notwithstanding). mahomes is the most talented qb he's ever had. he needs to adjust as needed. alex wouldn't be suffering the same fate as the elder carr, bortles and other qb's who were potentially ruined by starting too early. he's on a good team. he'll be able to grow into it without needing to be a savior.
I pray that more of the base begins to come around to your point of view.

Mahomes needs his development, but at some point you have to weigh the cost in terms of lack of real world/game-time experience.

He seems to be moving very fast, and we should all be encouraged by this. The kid is as much a competitor and workaholic for his craft as I've ever seen. I think people were initially weary due to his age and the Tech background, but it seems that those concerns were simply the situation he found himself in, and not that he couldn't rise above them.
It's a hell of a show and a very fun journey.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:03 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I pray that more of the base begins to come around to your point of view.

Mahomes needs his development, but at some point you have to weigh the cost in terms of lack of real world/game-time experience.

He seems to be moving very fast, and we should all be encouraged by this. The kid is as much a competitor and workaholic for his craft as I've ever seen. I think people were initially weary due to his age and the Tech background, but it seems that those concerns were simply the situation he found himself in, and not that he couldn't rise above them.
It's a hell of a show and a very fun journey.
Amazing you came to that conclusion after one preseason game. Wow...
[Reply]
tomahawkchop25 09:04 PM 08-14-2017
i was more excited on friday night than i have been in years. we actually have a real chance for the first time since 03 or montana.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:12 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Amazing you came to that conclusion after one preseason game. Wow...
It's a simple processing of existing information.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:13 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by tomahawkchop25:
i was more excited on friday night than i have been in years. we actually have a real chance for the first time since 03 or montana.
Yes, we will have a REAL chance. That is the most important aspect of all.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:25 PM 08-14-2017
I was at practice today and Alex is the best QB on the roster. Mahommes made some bad reads and mistakes, but this is what you expect from a rookie. I also listened to Alex's interview at the 810 Tent afterwards, he is very complimentary of Mahommes and his cool and confident attitude. It was also enjoyable to watch him and Alex and the other QB's in a throwing competition with the coaches and how competitive they were with the coaches and wanted to win. I think the QB position for the Chiefs looks good for many years to come... Alex, then PMII to follow.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 42
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up