ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 42
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Smith is the best QB on the roster right now
Titty Meat 11:46 AM 08-12-2017
If Smith goes down this year the team is fucked. He's clearly the best QB on the roster right now.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:09 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by chinaski:
The Cowboys had/have a fluke of an Offensive Line, as mentioned several different times on this forum by members with more football knowledge than me or you.

Dak thrived because of it. Not saying that he's not talented, just saying.
It helped not just a young QB but a rookie HB as well.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 08:30 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by chinaski:
The Cowboys had/have a fluke of an Offensive Line, as mentioned several different times on this forum by members with more football knowledge than me or you.

Dak thrived because of it. Not saying that he's not talented, just saying.
Their offensive line is a fluke?
[Reply]
Rausch 09:19 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Their offensive line is a fluke?
It's a fluke for them to draft that many players and almost all of them turn out to be the studs they were touted as...
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:26 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
It's a fluke for them to draft that many players and almost all of them turn out to be the studs they were touted as...
I disagree. It shows good scouting and coaching. They probably have a really good Oline coach that helps develop them but if they keep making good decisions when it comes to drafting olineman clearly they are doing something right.

Originally Posted by penchief:
Alex Smith is his name. I like Alex as a person and appreciate his contribution to turning around the culture of this team. But the persistent use of Smitty by penbrook makes me wish he was already gone.
Nothing wrong with calling him Smitty. I don't see what the big deal is.
[Reply]
chinaski 09:44 AM 08-14-2017
Fluke or not, they have a good line and Dak thrived with it...
[Reply]
Mav 09:51 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Most of the time this is true but some rookie QBs can handle the heat in the kitchen but not very often. Wilson did and Dak looks like he has but will know more in a few weeks now that he doesn't have the NO.1 RB for the first 6 games. It was much easier for Dak than Wilson IMHO because the o-line was mediocre at best for Seattle at the time and Dallas has the best in the league.

There's validity here but Russell Wilson played in two separate pro style systems in college. I think the jump is much harder for guys like Alex Smith Geno Smith Watson Mahomes and guys who run that spread exclusively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mav 09:54 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Dan Marino started his rookie season and had a HOF career. Dan Marino was only maybe a couple months older than Patrick is now and Patrick will be turning 22 next month.

Dan Marino compared Patrick to himself with mobility so really it's any ones guess good or bad how he will respond. I believe Andy Reid has been throwing all kinds of mental aspects and testing him out in practice and he is passing every test thrown at him. So I don't think he will be ruined. I think he can handle being a starter this year just not first few games and ideally after the bye week.

Nobody knows shit until it happens.

Age isn't the qualifier for me. Mahomes is going from learning English to Chinese . It's not as simple as "it's football, if you can play you can play."

[Reply]
Mav 09:59 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
And most 1st round QB's bust because of it.

Most 1st year starters bust because of it.

Personally I think guys like David Carr and Tim Couch would have been franchise guys if the franchise had waited and built a team around them first.

People don't understand how rare it is for a QB to come in and start year one and later win a SB...

This.

[Reply]
Halfcan 10:07 AM 08-14-2017
People can keep coming up with a million reasons Mahomes should not start at all this year- but the Odds are he will.

Smith most likely won't make it through the whole season without getting banged up again at least for one game. Mahomes will take his job at that point.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:11 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
People can keep coming up with a million reasons Mahomes should not start at all this year- but the Odds are he will.

Smith most likely won't make it through the whole season without getting banged up again at least for one game. Mahomes will take his job at that point.
I think what most people are talking about is Mahomes starting from day 1.

If the coaches feel he is better than Alex Smith then I'm sure he will. If they don't then he won't. It is as simple as that.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:13 AM 08-14-2017
Smith can't afford to get hurt or CTE this year.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:24 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I think what most people are talking about is Mahomes starting from day 1.

If the coaches feel he is better than Alex Smith then I'm sure he will. If they don't then he won't. It is as simple as that.
The chances of Andy throwing PM2 out there opening day in New England are ZERO. It would be a blood bath to start a rookie still learning the system up against the Champs. Alex is the starter-period.

But... if that door opens by Alex getting hurt- I think PM2 could have a great game and at the very least start a serious debate.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:29 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Mav:
Age isn't the qualifier for me. Mahomes is going from learning English to Chinese . It's not as simple as "it's football, if you can play you can play."

I think we've seen in his early development and reports from coaches that Mahomes isn't some dumb retarded jock.

It will take time, but it's not some tall task.
[Reply]
Mav 11:40 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I think we've seen in his early development and reports from coaches that Mahomes isn't some dumb retarded jock.

It will take time, but it's not some tall task.

I don't think I remotely implied that he was a dumb jock. I'll break it down further. It took Donovan McNabb two full seasons to fully get Reid's system. It took Alex Smith about that long and he had already played in McCarthys system which is similar. The luxury is that the Chiefs don't have to rush Mahomes. It's a good thing.

[Reply]
RealSNR 12:00 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Mav:
I don't think I remotely implied that he was a dumb jock. I'll break it down further. It took Donovan McNabb two full seasons to fully get Reid's system. It took Alex Smith about that long and he had already played in McCarthys system which is similar. The luxury is that the Chiefs don't have to rush Mahomes. It's a good thing.

Sorry, didn't imply you were.

I think Mahomes is going to be a faster learner than McNabb, though. People forget all the shit that McNabb had to adjust to. It wasn't an easy transition coming from Syracuse to the NFL for him, either. And as much as Reid tried to protect him by bringing in Doug Pederson for a season, McNabb still was forced to start 6 games in his rookie year.

The air raid/spread transition to the pro style is a significant hurdle to many QBs becoming legit pros these days. There's a lot involved, and certainly Mahomes is facing a big challenge. All I'm saying is that so many QBs in that system also don't have his physical tools, natural and easy throwing ability, or his grit, even.

Just because Kliff Kingsbury, Colt Brennan, and Graham Harrell couldn't make NFL careers coming from air raid systems doesn't mean the same is true of Mahomes. He's a different breed of cat than those guys.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 42
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up