ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How safe do you feel to eat at buffet line?
Msmith 09:51 PM 04-18-2021
As topic.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:50 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Outside Warrensburg? That place was uhhh, interesting. It's completely gone now. Showtime and the motel next door have been completely razed.
Yeah, bro. And the trailer park/junkyard across the street are gone now, too.

Showtime Lounge and the Skyhaven Motel/Airport/Gas/Convenience Store/Junkyard/Trailer Park, where you can get everything you need :

I mean, a strip club with a motel next door!?

It was an era.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 08:03 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
If you feel unsafe eating at a buffet I'm just gonna assume you aren't exactly Charles Bronson.
What if I feel unsafe but I do it anyway?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:05 AM 04-19-2021
I had heard they were ranked about "2" on all of the above.

Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Yeah, bro. And the trailer park/junkyard across the street are gone now, too.

Showtime Lounge and the Skyhaven Motel/Airport/Gas/Convenience Store/Junkyard/Trailer Park, where you can get everything you need :

I mean, a strip club with a motel next door!?

It was an era.

[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:34 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Buffet food has always been disgusting - Covid or no Covid.
Agreed. I haven't eaten buffet food in over 8 years and that was only because the customer wanted to go to a Chinese buffet place for lunch.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:43 AM 04-19-2021
Soup Plantation was the ONLY buffet I frequently ate at and liked, but that was a decade ago. I've never really liked the whole buffet concept. I have no fear of the C0vids.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:45 AM 04-19-2021
Not a big fan of 'American' carb-centric buffets [a bajillion kinds of rice, pasta, bread pudding, and casseroles, with a few soggy meat dishes].

But I'm pretty ready for a few signature buffets, there's a great Chinese buffet down in SW county, and a DELICIOUS Indian buffet on Delmar at I-170. And then there's Rusty's across the river. Old school politico bar with a lunch buffet with just a few carefully curated dishes, a great salad bar, and a prime-rib carver.
[Reply]
notorious 08:51 AM 04-19-2021
Cheap buffets are disgusting cesspools of humanity.

I can be talked into going to the local Chinese place, but the only other places I will go to are expensive Vegas buffets.

The expense weeds out most of the scum and children.
[Reply]
scho63 09:04 AM 04-19-2021
The only buffet I do is Indian Food and it's been a few years since I ventured down that road.

I stopped going to Chinese buffets a long time ago and American Style Buffets are gross.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:30 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Cheap buffets are disgusting cesspools of humanity.

I can be talked into going to the local Chinese place, but the only other places I will go to are expensive Vegas buffets.

The expense weeds out most of the scum and children.
I once ate at a buffett and went back for my second helping of a great rice meal. As I was walking towards the Buffett I see a 3 year old pick his nose and proceed to stick his hand in that rice tray.

Never again
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:10 AM 04-19-2021
I think the last buffet i went to was in Vegas in 2016 and before that, I can't even remember.

Personally, I would avoid nearly all buffets except for the few I've been to in Vegas. I'm sure there are other ones that are good too. But, it's just not a thing for me
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:25 AM 04-19-2021
I haven’t eaten at a buffet in probably 10 years. Don’t plan on ever going to one.
[Reply]
notorious 10:30 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I once ate at a buffett and went back for my second helping of a great rice meal. As I was walking towards the Buffett I see a 3 year old pick his nose and proceed to stick his hand in that rice tray.

Never again
I love kids, they’re great, but there are a lot of shitty parents out there that allow their kids to do the most horrifying things without giving two fucks.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 10:33 AM 04-19-2021
For those of us that live in Colorado, Cinzettis is an Italian Buffet and its amazing! One of my favorite places to eat.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:36 AM 04-19-2021
We've gone to a couple of top flight buffets for holiday meals. Locally, the one we went to was The Clubhouse at Oak Brook Mall. That place was awesome. Delicious, quality choices, and a ton of staff people monitoring everything. Of course it was expensive as hell, so that pretty much cleared out the lowlifes who'd let their kids put boogers in the food.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:38 AM 04-19-2021
I've eaten at buffets a few times since they reopened. I was glad to go back. I enjoy being able to choose from a wide variety of food. But it has to have steak. Well, except for pizza buffets. Love them too. No steak required.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up