ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Restaurant must in KC for a 5 year old boy?
luv 08:31 PM 04-05-2021
Doing a family weekend in KC in a few weeks. Going to Legoland, etc. Are there any dining experiences that a 5 year old boy would enjoy? Came across Fritz's. Just not sure we're that into trains.

EDIT: Thanks for the recommendations. We were going to try Fritz's at Crown Center after going to Legoland, but there was a line well out the door. We decided to go across the hall to Burnt Ends BBQ. Not the best I've had, but not bad.

Legoland was fun, but cramped and much smaller than expected. We went to Top Golf on Sunday morning, and the kiddo actually liked it, too. Hit up the Science Center at Union Station before leaving town that afternoon. It was probably our favorite destination. The kiddo had a great weekend, so mission accomplished. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 08:34 PM 04-05-2021
T-Rex Cafe in the Legends. About a 15 minute drive, but probably worth it. There's a Dave and Buster's close by for arcade stuff, too.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:35 PM 04-05-2021
Burger King
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:35 PM 04-05-2021
I hear Bazookas has a nice buffet...
[Reply]
Bowser 08:35 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
T-Rex Cafe in the Legends. About a 15 minute drive, but probably worth it. There's a Dave and Buster's close by for arcade stuff, too.
Yeah, forget that. It apparently closed its doors permanently. Well, Dave and Buster's for arcade stuff, lol.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:35 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Burger King
How much Covid can a ball pit hold, anyway?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:36 PM 04-05-2021
dunno about restaurants but take him to betty rae's for ice cream

kids love that place
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:37 PM 04-05-2021
Not my kid, what do I care?
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:37 PM 04-05-2021
Took my kids there back in the day- cool place, absolutely shitty, overpriced food.

Tims Pizza in Independence is cool for kids- they have a window and you can see the pizzas being made.

Funhouse is very kid friendly too with old school horsey rides.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:38 PM 04-05-2021
you looking for ball pits?

[Reply]
Third Eye 08:39 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

kids love that place
Luckily it just reopened.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:39 PM 04-05-2021

kids love that place
Betty Rae's is amazing. Take Clay's advice here.

My kid lives in the financial district and I'll take her to the one in the river market when there isn't a pandemic. Heard they're getting close to reopening that location.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:40 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Luckily it just reopened.

[Reply]
Third Eye 08:43 PM 04-05-2021
Unfortunately, there aren’t really any great restaurants for kids in KC. I mean, there are plenty of kid friendly places, but no real kid destinations. Fritz’s is probably the closest thing to what you’re looking for, but it’s not that great.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:44 PM 04-05-2021
you looking for ball pits?

[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up