ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 161 of 162
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:03 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Uh, just informationally, yes, you can.

Andy Reid has designed plays where Mahomes has done that to take advantage of zone coverages or rookie DBs before.

I didn't even know about it until early this year, when an analyst on YT (Krueger or Kohlmann or somebody) made note of it in one of his videos. During the game it looked just like Pat made a read, twitched his shoulders and then moved onto the next receiver.

But when slowed down and looking at it from the opposite angle, it's pretty clear that Patrick was never going to throw the ball at the first receiver. He just did that to get the LBs and the rookie DB to bite, so he could really throw the next guy open. Part of the reason you cold tell was that his first read (Conley I think) wasn't even looking when Pat did that shoulder twitch. He was still running with his back to Mahomes at that moment.

And the analyst mentioned that Andy wasn't even the first person to come up with the idea. Apparently Dan Marino did stuff like that. Whether it was actually scripted that way was unknown to the analyst, but he had a clip of Marino doing it way back when.

Just some contextual information for your all's conversation . . .

In this case, both receivers are the 1 read or region read. But Allen is checking the safety. The shoulder roll looks interesting but it will have no effect on the safety. Allen doesn't even bother reading the full region as you can see his head move to cheat towards where he can watch for Diggs to cross. JC Jackson is in trail coverage but is watching the QB instead of fully mirroring the WR and this allows enough space for Allen to complete the pass.

Every Diggs TD in last night's game was intended for Diggs from the get go.

Nothing wrong with it. Hell, Denver should have Lock watch Jeudy most of the time.

It is something that KC will mess with if we play Buffalo again. It's not unique to Buffalo. This is the college game taking more and more space in the NFL.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:07 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
You just learned about QB’s doing that this year? ��

That doesn’t make it not a read.

If, for example, Allen had Davis streaking wide open, he’s not going to just do the shoulder fake and then throw it to Diggs.

He’s going to throw it to the wide open Davis.

A read is simply the first receiver a QB looks to.

The first defensive “read” he makes in correlation to how a receiver is being defended.

A 2nd read is the second receiver a QB looks at.

A 3rd read is the third and so
forth.

Just because Pat planned to throw it to X receiver the whole time, doesn’t mean that Y receiver wasn’t the first read.

PS, you reallyyy love YT analysts it seems.
No, you misunderstand me.

I didn't know that Andy schemed such a play for Mahomes as early as 2018 until this year.

And you don't understand what I'm trying to say about the play design.

In that design, the first receiver is never actually a receiver. He's a prop. It's misdirection designed into the play to manipulate the defense into hesitating/driving/whatever to create a window for the real receiver (2nd read). Kind of the same thing as running a fake screen with a T and a TE with no RB to draw the eyes of the LBs, while the real receiver is running whatever on the other side.

Actually, Andy schemed up exactly such a play against BAL this year, I believe, where he ran a fake screen with the RB, that Patrick faked a throw to, and then flicked the ball to Kelce a few yards upfield and about 90 degrees North of the fake RB screen. It was obvious even during the in-game replay that the whole RB screen in the flat was a complete ruse. There was no read there; they were play-acting for the benefit of the defense.
[Reply]
diqlix 09:07 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
In this case, both receivers are the 1 read or region read. But Allen is checking the safety. The shoulder roll looks interesting but it will have no effect on the safety. Allen doesn't even bother reading the full region as you can see his head move to cheat towards where he can watch for Diggs to cross. JC Jackson is in trail coverage but is watching the QB instead of fully mirroring the WR and this allows enough space for Allen to complete the pass.

Every Diggs TD in last night's game was intended for Diggs from the get go.

Nothing wrong with it. Hell, Denver should have Lock watch Jeudy most of the time.

It is something that KC will mess with if we play Buffalo again. It's not unique to Buffalo. This is the college game taking more and more space in the NFL.
This is more correct than Megatron’s post, but still a little off.

The shoulder fake pulled the safety up top.

You can literally see it on the All-22. As soon as Allen does it, the safety moves.

If Davis was open, the ball was going there.

In other words, if the safety moved toward Diggs, the ball was going toward Davis. Instead the safety moved toward Davis, and then the ball went to Diggs.
[Reply]
diqlix 09:09 PM 12-29-2020
No, you misunderstand me.

I didn't know that Andy schemed such a play for Mahomes as early as 2018 until this year.

And you don't understand what I'm trying to say about the play design.

In that design, the first receiver is never actually a receiver. He's a prop. It's misdirection designed into the play to manipulate the defense into hesitating/driving/whatever to create a window for the real receiver (2nd read). Kind of the same thing as running a fake screen with a T and a TE with no RB to draw the eyes of the LBs, while the real receiver is running whatever on the other side.

Actually, Andy schemed up exactly such a play against BAL this year, I believe, where he ran a fake screen with the RB, that Patrick faked a throw to, and then flicked the ball to Kelce a few yards upfield and about 90 degrees North of the fake RB screen. It was obvious even during the in-game replay that the whole RB screen in the flat was a complete ruse. There was no read there; they were play-acting for the benefit of the defense.
That’s just not true.

He is not a prop, and running that same exact play, that receiver has gotten the ball in other game circumstances.

It depends how the safety plays it.

Which is why Allen does the shoulder fake (to pull the safety).

I’m talking about the Bills play, I haven’t seen the Chiefs play you’re referring to.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:16 PM 12-29-2020
That’s just not true.

He is not a prop, and running that same exact play, that receiver has gotten the ball in other game circumstances.

It depends how the safety plays it.

Which is why Allen does the shoulder fake (to pull the safety).

I’m talking about the Bills play, I haven’t seen the Chiefs play you’re referring to.
Right. And I'm not getting involved in your argument with whoever about Allen. I was just providing background info concerning your statement that "you can't have a first read that's not a real first read," or whatever you said exactly. My only point was, yes, you actually can.

After that, you and your buddies can continue at your discretion with your little conversation.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:20 PM 12-29-2020
This is more correct than Megatron’s post, but still a little off.

The shoulder fake pulled the safety up top.

You can literally see it on the All-22. As soon as Allen does it, the safety moves.

If Davis was open, the ball was going there.

In other words, if the safety moved toward Diggs, the ball was going toward Davis. Instead the safety moved toward Davis, and then the ball went to Diggs.
No. As soon as Allen looks at the safety he cheats his eyes towards Diggs. It's a high/low region read but Allen is not even fully reading the region.

Lots of Buffalo WRs are window dressing. Davis is in this case.

But again region reads can include 2 WRs, it is still one read, just one not really done in this case.
[Reply]
diqlix 09:21 PM 12-29-2020
Right. And I'm not getting involved in your argument with whoever about Allen. I was just providing background info concerning your statement that "you can't have a first read that's not a real first read," or whatever you said exactly. My only point was, yes, you actually can.

After that, you and your buddies can continue at your discretion with your little conversation.
I guess you can call it a “fake” first read.

But it’s still a first read.

A first read is the first receiver a QB looks at.

You might be confusing a first read with an intended receiver, or hot receiver (if blitz). Two completely different things.

An intended receiver is often not a first read. For reasons you mentioned earlier.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:23 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Jesus christ, do you check under your bed for knowmo before going to bed each night? You really should be charging him rent at this point...
Yet another PeedOn douche and run...pathetic
[Reply]
diqlix 09:23 PM 12-29-2020
No. As soon as Allen looks at the safety he cheats his eyes towards Diggs. It's a high/low region read but Allen is not even fully reading the region.

Lots of Buffalo WRs are window dressing. Davis is in this case.

But again region reads can include 2 WRs, it is still one read, just one not really done in this case.
I realize that through your tainted Allen-hating glasses, that this is how you perceive it.

You can’t even see Allen’s eyes in any of the camera angles.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:25 PM 12-29-2020

You might be confusing a first read with an intended receiver, or hot receiver (if blitz). Two completely different things.

An intended receiver is often not a first read. For reasons you mentioned earlier.
Do you understand the region read concept? Because the first region is not considered "two reads".
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:29 PM 12-29-2020

No, it's not. Not all the4 time, anyway.

Another Reid special is to trot two OLs out there on a fake screen and have Pat pretend to 'read' and pump fake at it.

Can't be a first read if there's no receiver to throw at, right? It's just window-dressing for the defense.

And as your HC is a former Andy Reid asst., I pretty much guarantee that he knows about it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:39 PM 12-29-2020
I realize that through your tainted Allen-hating glasses, that this is how you perceive it.

You can’t even see Allen’s eyes in any of the camera angles.
Not a hater. Its not my job to be a cheerleader for your QB.

Every QB has strengths and weaknesses.

Allen is being maximized by Brian Daboll who is using Allen wonderfully. Unlike many of your fans I will give proper credit to your OC.

He deserves a head coaching chance.
[Reply]
diqlix 09:46 PM 12-29-2020
No, it's not. Not all the4 time, anyway.

Another Reid special is to trot two OLs out there on a fake screen and have Pat pretend to 'read' and pump fake at it.

Can't be a first read if there's no receiver to throw at, right? It's just window-dressing for the defense.

And as your HC is a former Andy Reid asst., I pretty much guarantee that he knows about it.
I can’t speak to the Reid/Chiefs play, as I never saw it.

I’ll have to take your word on it.

But the play the Bills ran, the ball would have went to Davis if he was open

He wasn’t a prop and it’s not the first time they’ve run that play. They ran almost the exact play against the Chiefs, except Diggs was in Davis spot (it was flipped).
[Reply]
diqlix 09:48 PM 12-29-2020
Do you understand the region read concept? Because the first region is not considered "two reads".
I’ve never heard of a “region” read.

I played football and we never used that terminology and i’ve never seen it used in the NFL.

I think what you’re referring to is a high/low read.

With a high/low read, the QB has two intersecting WR’s of varying depths, and depending on where the safety goes, dictates where the ball will goes.

Still, one player has to be looked at first.

Unless your quarterback has robot eyes that can see 180’degrees in clarity.

In this play, Allen clearly read Davis first before switching to Diggs after the shoulder fake.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:07 PM 12-29-2020
Can the Bills just lose already so this shithead can go away?
[Reply]
Page 161 of 162
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162 >
Up