ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 162
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:12 PM 12-29-2020
Flush this turd
[Reply]
diqlix 06:13 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
3.28 seconds is a REALLY long time, man.

A long average time to throw (Allen has had one of the longest each year of his career) can be indicative of a player who scrambles but also can be indicative of a guy who processes slowly.
I just looked it up.

Mahomes averaged 3.16 last week...

For the year, Mahomes averages 2.9 and Allen 3.0
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:17 PM 12-29-2020
Allen is in a lower class than Pat. Please stop.
[Reply]
diqlix 06:17 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Wait, what... I mean, 3.28 sounded high to me, but it's not a stat that I look at.

Googling, there's this random graph from last year. Who cares where people are at in week 4 from last year, that's not the point.

But.... 3.28 isn't even on the chart. :-)

3.16 isn’t on the chart either.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:21 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
Right.

You said 5-6 seconds but his average time to throw was literally half that.

In other words, you said the opposite of the truth.
Reading comprehension. The word OFTEN is not the same as average.

Sorry, not used to teaching special education.

BTW, tell me what what progression Allen was on for:

Diggs TD 1

Diggs TD 2

Diggs TD 3?

I'll wait for your answer.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:49 PM 12-29-2020
I just looked it up.

Mahomes averaged 3.16 last week...

For the year, Mahomes averages 2.9 and Allen 3.0

2.89 for Mahomes and 3.04 for Allen according to Next Gen.

Both of those are livable (Mahomes has been right around 2.9 each year).

3.28 is still a LONG TIME. So is 3.16.

Guys that run around and extend are going to have some longer times, like I said. Both of them do that. Slow eyes can add some time, too.
[Reply]
diqlix 07:13 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Reading comprehension. The word OFTEN is not the same as average.

Sorry, not used to teaching special education.

BTW, tell me what what progression Allen was on for:

Diggs TD 1

Diggs TD 2

Diggs TD 3?

I'll wait for your answer.
If he averages 3 seconds, then it’s impossible for him to have throws of 6-7 seconds “often”.

Because if he “often” had 6 second throws, then he wouldn’t have averaged 3.28 seconds per throw.

IF there were ANY 6-second throws, they were very few and far between. Meaning, maybe one or two all game.

If at all.

In other words, you just made that up.

On Diggs first TD, Allen shoulder faked to his 1st read (Davis), which pushed the safety over the top to cover him. He then moved to Diggs with a dart to the right.

On Diggs second TD, Diggs was the first read.

On Diggs 3rd TD, Diggs was the 3rd read. Allen & Diggs said after the game that they just kinda made it up mid-play because his first two reads were taken away because the Pats Defense defended it well.
[Reply]
diqlix 07:13 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
2.89 for Mahomes and 3.04 for Allen according to Next Gen.

Both of those are livable (Mahomes has been right around 2.9 each year).

3.28 is still a LONG TIME. So is 3.16.

Guys that run around and extend are going to have some longer times, like I said. Both of them do that. Slow eyes can add some time, too.
Agreed!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:46 PM 12-29-2020
If he averages 3 seconds, then it’s impossible for him to have throws of 6-7 seconds “often”.

Because if he “often” had 6 second throws, then he wouldn’t have averaged 3.28 seconds per throw.

IF there were ANY 6-second throws, they were very few and far between. Meaning, maybe one or two all game.

If at all.

In other words, you just made that up.

On Diggs first TD, Allen shoulder faked to his 1st read (Davis), which pushed the safety over the top to cover him. He then moved to Diggs with a dart to the right.

Nope. He looks at the safety but there is no fakery here. It's supposed to be a region read high/low but Allen never considers Davis. His eyes cheat to Diggs before he even crosses the window.

1 Read Diggs

On Diggs second TD, Diggs was the first read.

1 Read Diggs

On Diggs 3rd TD, Diggs wasn’t the 3rd read. Allen & Diggs said after the game that they just kinda made it up mid-play because his first two reads were taken away because the Pats Defense defended it well.
Play was designed for Diggs all the way.

1 Read Diggs
[Reply]
diqlix 08:21 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Play was designed for Diggs all the way.

1 Read Diggs
He clearly looks and fakes to Davis before ever moving on to Diggs.

Literally, by definition, that is not 1 read.

You can’t look at another WR, read the coverage, then move on to another receiver, and somehow pretend that’s a 1 read.

His other TD (to Lee) was also a second or third read.

Such an odd hill for you to be on, considering Allen is known for scrambling and going through his progressions. The knock on him was accuracy. It was never not reading a defense or going through progressions.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:31 PM 12-29-2020

You can’t look at another WR, read the coverage, then move on to another receiver, and somehow pretend that’s a 1 read.

Such an odd hill for you to be on, considering Allen is known for scrambling and going through his progressions. The knock on him was accuracy. It was never not reading a defense or going through progressions.
Thanks for the laughs.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:35 PM 12-29-2020

Piss off knowmo
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:38 PM 12-29-2020
Jesus christ, do you check under your bed for knowmo before going to bed each night? You really should be charging him rent at this point...
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:51 PM 12-29-2020

Uh, just informationally, yes, you can.

Andy Reid has designed plays where Mahomes has done that to take advantage of zone coverages or rookie DBs before.

I didn't even know about it until early this year, when an analyst on YT (Krueger or Kohlmann or somebody) made note of it in one of his videos. During the game it looked just like Pat made a read, twitched his shoulders and then moved onto the next receiver.

But when slowed down and looking at it from the opposite angle, it's pretty clear that Patrick was never going to throw the ball at the first receiver. He just did that to get the LBs and the rookie DB to bite, so he could really throw the next guy open. Part of the reason you cold tell was that his first read (Conley I think) wasn't even looking when Pat did that shoulder twitch. He was still running with his back to Mahomes at that moment.

And the analyst mentioned that Andy wasn't even the first person to come up with the idea. Apparently Dan Marino did stuff like that. Whether it was actually scripted that way was unknown to the analyst, but he had a clip of Marino doing it way back when.

Just some contextual information for your all's conversation . . .
[Reply]
diqlix 08:56 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Uh, just informationally, yes, you can.

Andy Reid has designed plays where Mahomes has done that to take advantage of zone coverages or rookie DBs before.

I didn't even know about it until early this year, when an analyst on YT (Krueger or Kohlmann or somebody) made note of it in one of his videos. During the game it looked just like Pat made a read, twitched his shoulders and then moved onto the next receiver.

But when slowed down and looking at it from the opposite angle, it's pretty clear that Patrick was never going to throw the ball at the first receiver. He just did that to get the LBs and the rookie DB to bite, so he could really throw the next guy open. Part of the reason you cold tell was that his first read (Conley I think) wasn't even looking when Pat did that shoulder twitch. He was still running with his back to Mahomes at that moment.

And the analyst mentioned that Andy wasn't even the first person to come up with the idea. Apparently Dan Marino did stuff like that. Whether it was actually scripted that way was unknown to the analyst, but he had a clip of Marino doing it way back when.

Just some contextual information for your all's conversation . . .
You just learned about QB’s doing that this year?

I’m not sure you know what a read is.

What you’re describing is correct, but it doesn’t make it not a read.

If, for example, Allen had Davis streaking wide open, he’s not going to just look at him running open, do the shoulder fake and then throw it to Diggs anyway.

He’s going to throw it to the wide open Davis.

A read is simply the first receiver a QB looks to.

The first defensive “read” he makes in correlation to how a receiver is being defended.

Whether or not the ball is going to go there is not what makes it a read or not a read.

A 2nd read is the second receiver a QB looks at.

A 3rd read is the third and so
forth.

It’s called going through your progressions.

Ive never played QB, but I blocked for one in college.

Just because Pat planned to throw it to X receiver the whole time, doesn’t mean that Y receiver wasn’t the first read.

It’s like a RB screen play.

The QB intends to throw the ball to the running back for a slip or bubble screen, but the QB’s first “read” is a receiver, which draws the defenses attention away from the RB.

Sometimes the throw is even made to that first read WR during a RB screen play, if they’re open.

PS, you reallyyy love YT analysts it seems.
[Reply]
Page 160 of 162
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162 >
Up