ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 156 of 162
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:40 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
It will be Bills vs Chiefs for AFCCG. I think Chiefs vs. Packers SB. Chiefs better get their shit together FAST!
Apparently they will if you have them going to the SB.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:41 PM 12-28-2020
I really want to see KC vs Buffalo in the AFCCG and KC vs GB in the SB. This will give Mahomes a chance to silence all doubters as to who is the best QB in the NFL.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:43 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yeah, no pass rush and let Allen have 6 plus seconds won't be what KC does.
This is the key.

Every game I’ve watched Allen play, if you give him all day to throw and don’t send pressure, he can carve you up. If you speed up that clock and make him uncomfortable, the old bad habits accuracy wise start to show.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:48 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yeah, no pass rush and let Allen have 6 plus seconds won't be what KC does.
Chiefs didn't have a sack in the first game, but was able to generate a lot of pressure and get Allen uncomfortable.....

He's not going to sit back there and scan the field like he could tonight for sure....
[Reply]
DRM08 10:50 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
Chiefs didn't have a sack in the first game, but was able to generate a lot of pressure and get Allen uncomfortable.....

He's not going to sit back there and scan the field like he could tonight for sure....
That was an odd performance by Belichick’s defense.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:55 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It really was....at some point, don't you make a concerted effort to get to Allen, especially with the talent they have on the back end.....

Allen had all day to throw, and the Pats didn't even try to artificially generate pressure.

Spags won't have that issue.....

EDIT: and the Bills don't have overly great skill position players outside of Diggs. Obviously, they have a QB that can distribute the ball, Diggs is great, Beasley is a nice complement, but their 3-4-5 options are average, TE Knox and others don't strike fear into anyone, Singletary/Moss combo at RB is OK, but again, doesn't really strike fear into anyone....If you can rattle Allen and slow down Diggs, then you can get stops (see Chiefs game)....

And herein lies the Difference. The Chiefs can sit back a little bit in zone, keep the Bills in front of them, generate a little pass rush with 4-5 guys (occasionally send a 6), and the Bills can't beat them running the ball like the Chiefs can with the Bills sitting back. It is a difficult task, but the key is making Allen uncomfortable, at which point he will revert to his inaccurate self when he cannot consciously set his feet properly....
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:55 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I really want to see KC vs Buffalo in the AFCCG and KC vs GB in the SB. This will give Mahomes a chance to silence all doubters as to who is the best QB in the NFL.

Agreed
[Reply]
alanm 10:55 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I have never seen such worried, insecure fans of a 14-1 team with the best QB in the NFL before. :-)
What'ya expect? It's our nature. :-):-)
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 11:02 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
This is the key.

Every game I’ve watched Allen play, if you give him all day to throw and don’t send pressure, he can carve you up. If you speed up that clock and make him uncomfortable, the old bad habits accuracy wise start to show.
Spags brought heavy pressure early and often against the Bills in the regular season matchup. It would be interesting to see how McDermott adjusts the second time around. You have to make someone other than Diggs beat you. Keep an eye on the severity of Beasleys injury as well important piece to that offense.
[Reply]
diqlix 11:13 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
They were trying to send pressure.

Sent 7 at one point.

Allen threw it over the top for a huge gain/

Biggest difference between early in the year Bills and now is health. They finally have their starting O-line back.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:16 PM 12-28-2020
I rewatched the Chiefs at Bills game tonight.

Chiefs dominated them in every phase of the game.

Bring on the Bills please!
[Reply]
diqlix 11:17 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Here's my point:

"Point diff" doesn't account for if and how a team improves/deteriorates over the season, or how/when that happens.

Again, using the Chiefs as the example: if you look at the Chiefs 2019 defensively over the whole season, we were one of the worst defenses in the league, and just about the worst run defense by week 17.

But the reality was that the defense wasm only really bad against the run through the first 8 weeks or so, and okay against the pass, until about week 11, with a few games after about week 5 (DEN) where they kind of had peaks and valleys, right? It wasn't until week 11 that they kind of settled in and became a consistently good unit both against the pass and the run.

But how many trolls came in here week after week and through the playoffs telling us just how their team was going to run roughshod over our defense? And how many times did it actually happen in the playoffs? Oh yeah, the answer turned out to be 'none.' In fact, our "31st ranked run defense" stoned both the best running attack (TEN) in the league, as well as the "2nd-best running attack in the league (SFO)," in back-to-back games to win a SB. Did those two teams just shit the bed against a truly bad run defense, or did our defense evolve into a pretty good run defense?

So while PD might tell some overarching general story about a team's scoring, it doesn't say much about how/when/improvement/deterioration/etc. trends over the season. it just says what they did in sum. How useful that is I guess depends on how closely you want to look at a team, and how much you care about whether they are trending one way or another.
Well written and a good point.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:28 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
They were trying to send pressure.

Sent 7 at one point.

Allen threw it over the top for a huge gain/

Biggest difference between early in the year Bills and now is health. They finally have their starting O-line back.
NE doesn’t have a single actual pass rusher. They can’t generate pressure on anyone regardless of how many they send. Kind of like TEN.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 11:29 PM 12-28-2020
NE doesn’t have a single actual pass rusher. They can’t generate pressure on anyone regardless of how many they send. Kind of like TEN.
This....they have 21 sacks on the year....including tonights game....
[Reply]
diqlix 11:31 PM 12-28-2020
Seemed true tonight.
[Reply]
Page 156 of 162
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160 > Last »
Up