ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2020 Fitness Thread ****
penguinz 07:53 PM 02-18-2020
Where is everyone on their fitness goals these days?

I recently reached 315 bench. Feel stronger than ever but also getting old and takes so long to recover!
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:14 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Who here is on TRT?

Tell me your stories.
For over 10 years. I love it and Mrs Bigcatdaddy loves it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:15 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Is that shit over the counter? Or do you have to have a prescription?
Script.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:20 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Script.
I’m assuming you have to get tested for low testosterone?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:22 AM 06-24-2020
I’m assuming you have to get tested for low testosterone?
Yes but there are centers open especially for TRT and such that are willing to prescribe to about anyone.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:36 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
I am. I love it. Do you have any specific questions?
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
For over 10 years. I love it and Mrs Bigcatdaddy loves it.
Just finding out who I have to be jealous of on CP.

Also I keep getting Facebook ads about home TRT.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:37 AM 06-24-2020
I have no experience benching 300 lbs, but I found the body weight fitness group on reddit a few months ago and it's made a huge difference progress-wise and with my overall outlook on working out (still can't bench 300lbs... yet. :-) ).

The foundation of that program --- progressive overload, big compound moves as opposed to (for example) annihilating your biceps with a million curls, 'resting hard' and not needing the p90x-like 6 day routine --- has all really clicked, including a few trainer channels on youtube, at least for my beginner/n00b self who was stuck in the 90s marketing campaign of working out (the few times I've actually tried to).
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:39 AM 06-24-2020
Compounds are key
[Reply]
lewdog 11:43 AM 06-24-2020
My 4 days of lifting start with either bench, military press, squats or deadlifts. The big 4. This never changes.

I also add in variations of these lifts on other days so I end up squatting, benching and deadlifting some variant 2x per week.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:33 PM 06-24-2020
Has anyone on here ever used a safety squat bar? Titan has a scratch and dent sale on one for $199. I'm considering picking it up, but I've never used one. As a tall guy with long legs, I have trouble hitting depth without jackknifing my upper body. I thought the safety bar might help. Enlighten me please.
My high school went to it when I was there a million years ago. There were handles welded onto the squat rack that we held onto to lean back instead of forward that fucks your back.

It feels kind of awkward at first. It feels like you’re hanging out over nothing. But once you get comfortable I was able to lift far more with it than I ever could straight bar squat. Some of it could be I can’t do anything like I could when I was 18, but it was different. Plus the weight sits better. In high school I was pretty skinny and the straight bar sat on my spine which hurt. Where as the safety pad put it up on my traps which was better.

BTW I’m 6’3 with ridiculously long legs.

I don’t know the kinesiology behind it, but it worked for me. A million years ago.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:35 PM 06-24-2020
I need TRT
[Reply]
loochy 03:50 PM 06-24-2020
Just finding out who I have to be jealous of on CP.

Also I keep getting Facebook ads about home TRT.
I do mine at home. I started out at a men's center. I got tired of going to the office once a week though, so I moved to a local family practice. He's great. I only have to check in once every six months and he doesn't hassle me when I need a refill.

When I started, my T was lowish, but not criminally low (it was 315). The TRT fixed my problems though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:33 PM 06-24-2020
I do mine at home. I started out at a men's center. I got tired of going to the office once a week though, so I moved to a local family practice. He's great. I only have to check in once every six months and he doesn't hassle me when I need a refill.

When I started, my T was lowish, but not criminally low (it was 315). The TRT fixed my problems though.
I think mine might be low but at what point do they consider it low enough for TRT?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:58 PM 06-24-2020

It all makes sense now
[Reply]
lewdog 05:05 PM 06-24-2020
I think mine might be low but at what point do they consider it low enough for TRT?
Find “the right” clinic and you can get it prescribed, I’m told.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:55 PM 06-24-2020
Find “the right” clinic and you can get it prescribed, I’m told.
Where would I find the “right” clinic?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up