ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 153
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
trndobrd 01:36 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Great ****ing episode. Great ****ing show.

Spoiler!

Shit is ****ing good. Really ****ing good. I mean there is a limit of scope they can have within the constraints of the series, but man, they’re taking incredible care to get it right. They’re swinging for the fences, but they’re really doing the right things to take appropriate care.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Valiant 02:09 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Spoiler!
Make Kyle katarn canon...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:51 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Wow.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 08:38 AM 11-28-2020
You did see a loth cat.

One Jedi no one has mentioned:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:05 AM 11-28-2020
Spoiler!
Come on now. It’s Michael f*ckin Biehn! A genre legend
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:26 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
Spoiler!
Great point about the dichotomy.

Originally Posted by keg in kc:
You did see a loth cat.

One Jedi no one has mentioned:

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Valiant 12:46 PM 11-28-2020
Great point about the dichotomy.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:33 PM 11-28-2020
Mace Windu was a horrible character. There was absolutely nothing redeeming about him and without his decision to kill the Emperor, Anakin may have remained a Jedi.

I love SLJ but he was awful in the role. Being restrained by dialog isn't his forte and it was just a bad fit overall. I would not be interested in his return in any form.

The character is dead and it should be left that way.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:53 PM 11-28-2020
Mace Windu was a horrible character. There was absolutely nothing redeeming about him and without his decision to kill the Emperor, Anakin may have remained a Jedi.

I love SLJ but he was awful in the role. Being restrained by dialog isn't his forte and it was just a bad fit overall. I would not be interested in his return in any form.

The character is dead and it should be left that way.
Don't shoot the messenger...

If it is young Windu, it would probably not be SLJ.

Meh, I don't know. I'd have to see who was attached... And then probably not know them and lean on Dane to tell me if it was going to be good or not. :-)

https://www.dexerto.com/tv-movies/st...plans-1419321/
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11-28-2020, 08:47 PM
This message has been deleted by DaneMcCloud.
DaneMcCloud 08:54 PM 11-28-2020
If it is young Windu, it would probably not be SLJ.

https://www.dexerto.com/tv-movies/st...plans-1419321/
I haven't heard anything at all about a Mace Windu series in development and while the idea makes some sense in terms of onscreen diversity, it doesn't make sense in terms of the overall Star Wars galaxy of storytelling. SLJ was 50 years old during the filming of The Phantom Menace and he'll be 72 years old in December 2020, which poses several problems.

First off, a "Prequel" series starring an unknown actor as Mace Winu would complicate the timeline. Let's say they started 30 years before TPM, where he's a young Jedi Padawan. Well, at that point in time, absolutely nothing is known about that era, which was peaceful and devoid of Sith. Even Mace himself says something along the lines of "I don't think the Sith could have returned without us knowing", so right there, the Sith are out as Bad Guys.

So, who would be the antagonist? I don't think that people would be interested in seeing a young Padawan journey from world to world as a Learner that's involved in "negotiations" between worlds of the Old Republic. And since the new "High Republic" era has recently launched, the series would need to stay clear of history because if those new novels, comics and games happen to capture a huge audience, things that happen in a Young Mace Windu series could contradict events that occurred 30 years before TPM, so you're looking at a massive amount of interaction between the Story Group, novelists and the showrunners and even then, contradictions could occur.

The idea of doing it post-ROTS doesn't make much sense either because as a powerful member of the Jedi Council, why would he have been so deep in hiding that he couldn't have connected to the other living Jedi during that 30 year period? This is a guy that rose to the rank of Jedi Master yet he abandons them completely? Even Ahsoka helped the rebellion in secret during that time as Fulcrum, who was instrumental in bringing down the Empire and the first Death Star.

So let's say there's a series with Windu set post-RoTJ. What was he doing all of that time and why does he come out of hiding now, when the Empire's been destroyed and the New Republic's government has been put into place? Luke Skywalker is searching for candidates for a new Jedi Order and I doubt he'd be too pleased to see Windu, whose action not only caused the Empire to happen but also asked Luke's father to lie to the Chancellor on behalf of the Jedi!

I just think there are way too many problems for a series with Windu to happen and even then, I just don't see how people would connect with a guy that basically destroyed the Jedi Order all by himself and solidified the Emperor's plan to rule the galaxy with Anakin by his side.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:09 PM 11-28-2020
good god

I was scrolling through wondering is anyone was going to mention the Mifune realness.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:14 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I was scrolling through wondering is anyone was going to mention the Mifune realness.
One thing among others that this series has gotten so right is the portrayal of modern mythology. It's just beautifully done. Scenes so great that you barely need any dialogue.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:51 PM 11-28-2020
I haven't heard anything at all about a Mace Windu series in development and while the idea makes some sense in terms of onscreen diversity, it doesn't make sense in terms of the overall Star Wars galaxy of storytelling. SLJ was 50 years old during the filming of The Phantom Menace and he'll be 72 years old in December 2020, which poses several problems.

First off, a "Prequel" series starring an unknown actor as Mace Winu would complicate the timeline. Let's say they started 30 years before TPM, where he's a young Jedi Padawan. Well, at that point in time, absolutely nothing is known about that era, which was peaceful and devoid of Sith. Even Mace himself says something along the lines of "I don't think the Sith could have returned without us knowing", so right there, the Sith are out as Bad Guys.

So, who would be the antagonist? I don't think that people would be interested in seeing a young Padawan journey from world to world as a Learner that's involved in "negotiations" between worlds of the Old Republic. And since the new "High Republic" era has recently launched, the series would need to stay clear of history because if those new novels, comics and games happen to capture a huge audience, things that happen in a Young Mace Windu series could contradict events that occurred 30 years before TPM, so you're looking at a massive amount of interaction between the Story Group, novelists and the showrunners and even then, contradictions could occur.

The idea of doing it post-ROTS doesn't make much sense either because as a powerful member of the Jedi Council, why would he have been so deep in hiding that he couldn't have connected to the other living Jedi during that 30 year period? This is a guy that rose to the rank of Jedi Master yet he abandons them completely? Even Ahsoka helped the rebellion in secret during that time as Fulcrum, who was instrumental in bringing down the Empire and the first Death Star.

So let's say there's a series with Windu set post-RoTJ. What was he doing all of that time and why does he come out of hiding now, when the Empire's been destroyed and the New Republic's government has been put into place? Luke Skywalker is searching for candidates for a new Jedi Order and I doubt he'd be too pleased to see Windu, whose action not only caused the Empire to happen but also asked Luke's father to lie to the Chancellor on behalf of the Jedi!

I just think there are way too many problems for a series with Windu to happen and even then, I just don't see how people would connect with a guy that basically destroyed the Jedi Order all by himself and solidified the Emperor's plan to rule the galaxy with Anakin by his side.
I agree. I'm just passing on that it is in development
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:57 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
One thing among others that this series has gotten so right is the portrayal of modern mythology. It's just beautifully done. Scenes so great that you barely need any dialogue.
The setting and the combatants, as well as the methodical calculating fighting style punctuated by furious engagement, were reminiscent of another completely different all-time classic bits of lore as well. Even down to the 2 blade/1 blade battle dynamics.

Beskar? Hattori Hanzo? Are you going for strength or balance and hone? :-)

[Reply]
Bowser 09:18 AM 11-29-2020
Nobody could pull off what's going on in this show better than Filoni and Favreau. The story has taken quantum leaps every episode from the ice spiders. It's been amazing.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 153
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116 > Last »
Up