ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 153
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:26 PM 12-24-2020
OMG its Luke. Some of it is for the camera they know is on them but then you get the real tears too.

[Reply]
Molitoth 07:22 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Baby Yoda works because Baby Yoda is a vehicle for the audience to enjoy the story.

We are Baby Yoda, searching for our Star Wars hero, yearning for Luke Skywalker.

JJ more or less tried the same approach with his fun new cast but it only worked for one movie.

You can't make Baby Yoda the STAR of the show. Then it gets stupid and annoying.

Imagine how awful Mando is if Baby Yoda, with no training, is saving the day constantly.
Honestly I could care less about Baby Yoda (I love The Mandalorian as a character)... but the wife and kids "awwweee" at every Baby Yoda scene, so that is fine with me. Beats the hell out of Jar Jar Binks.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:49 PM 12-24-2020
Here's a video of a guy talking about what would happen to Grogru once he goes into training with Luke. He's addressing the idea of Ben possibly killing Grogru during the destruction on Luke's jedi temple, and he dismisses it. I don't know if he's full of shit or not because he relies on content that I never really got into:

[Reply]
listopencil 10:51 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I didn’t watch the video, but you know, proximity sensors exist. Alarms went off in the ship. They’re obviously linked into the ship because they activated them from the bridge.
It's more fun for me to imagine that they sensed Luke somehow and try to figure out how that would be possible. YMMV.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:10 AM 12-25-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Here's a video of a guy talking about what would happen to Grogru once he goes into training with Luke. He's addressing the idea of Ben possibly killing Grogru during the destruction on Luke's jedi temple, and he dismisses it. I don't know if he's full of shit or not because he relies on content that I never really got into:

I’m guessing he dismisses it because the audience would burn shit down if Kylo just up and whacked Grogu.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:50 AM 12-25-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m guessing he dismisses it because the audience would burn shit down if Kylo just up and whacked Grogu.
He goes into the ages of the two characters, their story arcs, and relevant story points from sources other than movies for Kylo Ren.
[Reply]
Fish 01:41 AM 12-25-2020
Build up a cute adorable character like Grogu, only to have him be already murdered off in a previous film? Nah. I just don't see it. That little green fucker has plot armor that would withstand a fully operational death star...
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 03:38 AM 12-25-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Build up a cute adorable character like Grogu, only to have him be already murdered off in a previous film? Nah. I just don't see it. That little green ****er has plot armor that would withstand a fully operational death star...
Yep. He's their biggest cash cow in years. I could see him getting his own series.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:03 AM 12-25-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Yep. He's their biggest cash cow in years. I could see him getting his own series.
To do the a series or a franchise IMO he'll have to be the size of a normal human man or it'll be silly. Hence, my reference of Grogu wearing Mandalorian armor, and can't verse his sentences like Yoda either
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:07 PM 12-25-2020
So much better than CGI.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:04 PM 12-25-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Build up a cute adorable character like Grogu, only to have him be already murdered off in a previous film? Nah. I just don't see it. That little green ****er has plot armor that would withstand a fully operational death star...
Agreed. But, what’s he done to make a difference? Gorgu has never been mentioned anywhere in the Star Wars universe. They are going to have to find a way somehow. Killing off baby yoda ain’t happening.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:16 PM 12-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Agreed. But, what’s he done to make a difference? Gorgu has never been mentioned anywhere in the Star Wars universe. They are going to have to find a way somehow. Killing off baby yoda ain’t happening.

Lots of stuff happens around and in between the main story lines and characters. The SW universe is layered.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:16 PM 12-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It'll be in the distant future like the original script treatment before Kennedy came aboard
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:51 AM 12-26-2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:02 PM 12-26-2020
This is the way.

For those who asked... We can now confirm that indeed it is real and it’s spectacular��. Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser 5’ practical shooting model from #TheMandalorian. More to come... pic.twitter.com/xY0mtwhBGy

— ILMVFX (@ILMVFX) December 25, 2020

[Reply]
Page 105 of 153
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115 > Last »
Up