ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 80
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:40 PM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Got DirecTV for the first time ever this year. First year of ST is free, so that's cool. I guess I'll see how much it's really worth to me next year. Not a huge fan of satellite TV in general, but my only other alternative was TWC and they can suck the meatiest, AIDS dripping cock in the world; so DTV it was.
Been on DTV since 1998, no issues other than they bone you for NFLST each year...
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:41 PM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Got DirecTV for the first time ever this year. First year of ST is free, so that's cool. I guess I'll see how much it's really worth to me next year. Not a huge fan of satellite TV in general, but my only other alternative was TWC and they can suck the meatiest, AIDS dripping cock in the world; so DTV it was.

Turner Warner Cable?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:41 PM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by Carlota69:
Oh I'm nice as shit. Super nice. I ask them how their day is, when telling my sob story I say its not their problem, its mine but....
I act like I'm torn bc I don't know what to do, I love Directtv but I really, for survival purposes, need to look at other options blah blah blah...
Works almost every time.
Let me guess in some sweet little innocent voice that melts the heart strings?
[Reply]
Carlota69 01:43 PM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Let me guess in some sweet little innocent voice that melts the heart strings?
Sweet, innocent, confused, I really need help kind of way...:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:59 PM 07-27-2015
Oh I'm nice as shit. Super nice. I ask them how their day is, when telling my sob story I say its not their problem, its mine but....

I act like I'm torn bc I don't know what to do, I love Directtv but I really, for survival purposes, need to look at other options blah blah blah...

Works almost every time.

Teach me your ways
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:05 PM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Teach me your ways
I use the same "song and dance" every year. I call right before they start charging for ST and ask them when my contract is up. Normal CSRs can't tell you that information, so they transfer me to the people who can. Then they go into their deal of "is there a reason you want to know when your contract is up?". I tell them that I can't afford ST because of "insert reason here" and that the only reason I'm with DTV is because of ST. I tell them that Comcast has been coming through our neighborhood recently offering really cheap deals. Depending on the CSR that I get.....they'll either go straight to the best offer or they'll start haggling to see what I can afford. The past couple of years I've gotten it for free. Shit....one year I got it for free AND they gave me a one time $250 bill credit.
[Reply]
Carlota69 02:07 PM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I use the same "song and dance" every year. I call right before they start charging for ST and ask them when my contract is up. Normal CSRs can't tell you that information, so they transfer me to the people who can. Then they go into their deal of "is there a reason you want to know when your contract is up?". I tell them that I can't afford ST because of "insert reason here" and that the only reason I'm with DTV is because of ST. I tell them that Comcast has been coming through our neighborhood recently offering really cheap deals. Depending on the CSR that I get.....they'll either go straight to the best offer or they'll start haggling to see what I can afford. The past couple of years I've gotten it for free. Shit....one year I got it for free AND they gave me a one time $250 bill credit.
Yeah, its definitely an art getting all the good free shit!
[Reply]
lewdog 02:25 PM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Sounds like a good strategy and I'll use it come August. I'll tell them Century Link here gave me a good offer and a wireless set-top box so I can place a TV on my back patio, which DTV refused to do earlier this year unless I wanted to pay $200. I'll tell them I'd love to stay because of ST but it's too expensive and I'd rather have a TV on my patio. I'll see what they say. If nothing, I honestly just might switch the Century Link because I do know they offer cheap wireless set-top boxes where you can move any TV at any time. Sounds like a win-win for me either way. My contract is up November 1st so I have that going for me as well.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:46 PM 07-27-2015
Sweet, innocent, confused, I really need help kind of way...:-)
Figures.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:50 PM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Been on DTV since 1998, no issues other than they bone you for NFLST each year...
My last experience with satellite TV was over a decade plus ago when I was at home. My dad had Dish Network and that piece of shit wouldn't work with any sort of inclement weather at all. I'm hoping DirecTV is a little better, but even if it does suck dick in storms, I'll still be warm and cozy knowing I never gave Time Warner a fucking cent.

We have fiber internet, so we needed a stand-alone TV package, and those cunts at TWC are charging something like $150/month for 3 HD-DVR's and a generic package without HBO or anything else.
[Reply]
kcxiv 04:44 PM 07-27-2015
I dont have direct tv anymore. i ditched it for comcast. I had too, the yearly saving of 600 bucks was just too good to pass up.

Im going to ask my Sister to get sunday ticket and ill just log into her account and watch the games on my PC.
[Reply]
WeathermanKumke 04:54 PM 07-27-2015
http://www.att.com/shop/tv/directv.html

Well, Now you can just do this
[Reply]
rolltide2014 08:17 PM 07-28-2015
So we've had DTV for a year now and a lot of those intro promos are rolling off and our bill has jumped from $65 to about $115 now. (Choice + Sports Pack during baseball season) I tried calling twice and the first guy only offered me $10 off each installment of Sunday Ticket, so $60. The second guy I told to take off Sunday Ticket and then he offered $15 bill credit for 12 months and it was basically take it or leave it so I hung up. Should I just keep calling until I get someone who will work with me. I'm hoping for ST for free and knocking my bill down back to around $75 or so hopefully. Seeing what some of you have gotten I didn't think that was too ambitious, but will they not offer much since I'm still under contract for a year and have only been with them 1 year?

EDIT: So third try was a charm...got pretty much exactly what I was hoping for above. Bill is locked in at $77 for 6 months, free NFL ST, and in 6 months I can probably call again and maybe get more credits, cancel and pay only $100 ETF then and go somewhere else, or cut the cord altogether which I've been considering more and more if I can find a good option for live sports.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 10:38 PM 07-28-2015
I just moved to Fairway, KS from California, and I wish I was haggling with Directv. We got Time Warner bundle and it is the sux. Big time the sux. Only one TV gets recorded content, and the wifi goes in and out more than Ron Jeremy's penis at a pr0n marathon.

I might get DTV next year, but being in KC I no longer need to find out-of-market Chiefs gamez.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 10:43 PM 07-28-2015
$30/month for 6 months
[Reply]
Page 7 of 80
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up