ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>How safe do you feel to eat at buffet line?
Msmith 09:51 PM 04-18-2021
As topic.
[Reply]
scho63 07:04 AM 04-21-2021
The World's most opulent and best buffet according to most.

The Spiral Buffet in the Sofitel Hotel in Manilla Philippines.

https://www.sofitelmanila.com/restaurants-bars/spiral/

https://migrationology.com/spiral-bu...ofitel-manila/

[Reply]
htismaqe 07:09 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Spill the tea
You've been warned. Read it at your own peril.

http://www.ihos.com/steakhouse.html
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:24 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Red Barn?
Joe's Barn, prob.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:32 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Worked there years ago and we'd always get what was left of the buffet... their brisket was phenomenal.

Owner was a great guy.... his wife was a complete bitch though.
I spent a few years working there in the mid 90s, bussing and doing banquets. Are you talking about Rick Stephenson? It's funny to remember that place. Many of my classmates also worked there. Lots of long lasting friendships. Remember Clint Klesath?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:15 AM 04-21-2021
There you go.

Red Barn was at 95th St and Metcalf.

It was Joe's Barn.

Originally Posted by srvy:
Red Barn?

[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:19 AM 04-21-2021
I feel safe as long as Zach doesn't fall on me trying to bum rush the mashed potatoes.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:33 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by phisherman:
I spent a few years working there in the mid 90s, bussing and doing banquets. Are you talking about Rick Stephenson? It's funny to remember that place. Many of my classmates also worked there. Lots of long lasting friendships. Remember Clint Klesath?
Pretty sure it was Steve Stephenson... perhaps not the owner, but a big important guy who showed up every once in a while. Rick and Clint don't ring a bell, but I worked at the one in the Northland and most names from there have slipped my mind over the years. Can't remember the wife's name, either.

I was also there in the mid-90s, did a little bit of everything... bussed tables, washed dishes, made fritters and rolls, did salad and dessert prep, made awkward teenager conversation with the hot fritter girl, etc.

Feels like it was a few lifetimes ago... my brother worked there and helped get me a job when I wasn't even 16 yet, then I ended up recruiting a few friends as well. It was a great first job.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:36 AM 04-21-2021
Pretty sure it was Steve Stephenson... perhaps not the owner, but a big important guy who showed up every once in a while. Rick and Clint don't ring a bell, but I worked at the one in the Northland and most names from there have slipped my mind over the years. Can't remember the wife's name, either.

I was also there in the mid-90s, did a little bit of everything... bussed tables, washed dishes, made fritters and rolls, did salad and dessert prep, made awkward teenager conversation with the hot fritter girl, etc.

Feels like it was a few lifetimes ago... my brother worked there and helped get me a job when I wasn't even 16 yet, then I ended up recruiting a few friends as well. It was a great first job.
Did you get to chow her zucchini souffle?
[Reply]
phisherman 09:41 AM 04-21-2021

Ahh, ok. You worked up north. I subbed a couple shifts there once upon a time.

The location at 40 and Lee's Summit was great. The perfect high school job. Good money on the weekends and attractive hostesses.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:44 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Did you get to chow her zucchini souffle?
No. :-)

Not for lack of trying though.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:23 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
It was Joe's Barn.
Joe's Barn is one of those hazy earliest memories. Pretty sure it was closed, or at least we never went anymore by the time I was 4-5yo. But as a tyke is was impressive. Huge, with giant communal tables, like a giant family picnic or a church potluck. Fried chicken, pot roast, casseroles and picnic sides like cole slaw and potato salad.

And a huge filled parking lot, remember that too.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:35 PM 04-21-2021
If the food was good - big if - I'd eat at a buffet without hesitation.

But then I haven't destroyed my immune system by running around putting hand sanitizer on everything like some germ-terrified freak.
[Reply]
-King- 05:06 PM 04-21-2021
In high school I used to be a regular at the local chinese buffet. Now not counting the buffet on a cruise we were on in 2019, I think I've been to a buffet like 3 times the last 5+ years. Think we hit the buffet every day on the cruise ship.
[Reply]
Otter 05:13 PM 04-21-2021
Right up there with gas station sushi.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:24 PM 04-21-2021
My local Indian buffet where most customers are Indian. I may have to go there tomorrow, Friday, you will never get in the door.

[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up