ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 107
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
frozenchief 03:00 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
I don't defend stuff like that as I have no interest in the inaccurate spraying of ammo rapidly. But it's out there and available and lawful in 32 states. Just was a comment as to possibility of sounding like automatic fire. I have listened to all the available posted stuff and I didn't think is was automatic rounds going off but who knows?

After the SuperBowl Nextdoor app lit up with machine gun fire reports by posters, most were fireworks.
I understand. I just don't want some CPer to buy a binary trigger and then 2 years down the road the ATF changes their mind because that particular model of binary trigger is now disallowed and if they're lucky, they have to remove the trigger from a firearm and turn it in to avoid prosecution. And if they aren't lucky, they're awakened by agents with an arrest warrant. Not trying to be a fudd. Just trying to say that this might not be a risk worth taking.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:10 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
I understand. I just don't want some CPer to buy a binary trigger and then 2 years down the road the ATF changes their mind because that particular model of binary trigger is now disallowed and if they're lucky, they have to remove the trigger from a firearm and turn it in to avoid prosecution. And if they aren't lucky, they're awakened by agents with an arrest warrant. Not trying to be a fudd. Just trying to say that this might not be a risk worth taking.
That's why I won't ever buy an AR pistol. I've shot a couple; they're fun, and they're neat. But they're also always teetering on the edge of being ruled illegal, and I just don't want to deal with the grief associated with that. I'm fine with my pistols being pistols and my rifles being rifles.

I did pick up a bumpfire stock for my AK once, years ago back in the latter stages of my tacticool phase. I farted around with it but never got the knack for it. I was able to get a couple of bursts out of it, but that's about it, all while my redneck cousins were watching me chuckling like I was a monkey trying to rub sticks together to create fire for the first time. I'm sure I would have mastered it eventually, but ammo's expensive and I'm not made of money. In the end, I decided it was a waste of time and money, and also opens the door for all kinds of bad things I don't need in my life. I chucked it in the trash and will never get another one.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 05:32 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I can't figure out if it's better or worse that this whole thing appears to be the result of complete idiots feeling pee pee hurt rather than someone who was intentionally trying to hurt a bunch of people. It's infuriating either way.
Yeah, on the one hand I suppose it's good that it wasn't a premeditated mass shooting, but it nonetheless happened for such a stupid reason.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:42 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Always makes me think of this scene (Language NSFW):

We've come so far in 30 years but at least it wasn't a targeted shooting
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 08:06 AM 02-22-2024

Mom of Super Bowl parade shooting suspect launches GoFundMe to help him during "tragic time"https://t.co/genpmf8iI4https://t.co/genpmf8iI4

— The Post Millennial (@TPostMillennial) February 22, 2024

[Reply]
teedubya 09:03 AM 02-22-2024
Fuck that guy. No GoFundMe for the Mays idiot who pulled his gun first. You aren't Han Solo. You are Shit Heada. And the idiot just ended 2 years of probation on Feb 8th, 2024.

Die slowly, Mays.
[Reply]
wazu 09:11 AM 02-22-2024
Looks like the GoFundMe was taken down after collecting $100.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gofund...ays-taken-down
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:49 AM 02-22-2024
Can we support a gofundme for a prosecutor who will pursue the death penalty?
[Reply]
Lzen 02:10 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

So according to his sister, he's not a homeboy. But we've got the community center gun incident, and him being the first to pull his gun in this incident, and this pic. Yeah, this guy's a wanna-be gangster who probably got rejected from gangs for being such a dipshit.
Yeah, I read that piece about the gofundme and what his sister said about him just being a homeboy (I assume that meant he likes to just hang at home) and cuddle with his gf. Made it seem like he was not a bad guy. But then I read this from the NYPost piece.

Originally Posted by :
Mays started jawing with the group, according to a probable cause statement obtained by The Post. He was seen on surveillance footage approaching the group in an “aggressive” manner and later pointing his finger at them, the court docs said.

When Mays pulled his gun, he started to chase an unknown individual who appeared unarmed and shot at him, resulting in others drawing their guns, according to the legal papers.
Definitely doesn't appear to be what his sister is trying to convince everyone he is.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:28 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Yeah, I read that piece about the gofundme and what his sister said about him just being a homeboy (I assume that meant he likes to just hang at home) and cuddle with his gf. Made it seem like he was not a bad guy. But then I read this from the NYPost piece.

Definitely doesn't appear to be what his sister is trying to convince everyone he is.
Family loyalty is a weird thing. You'd think that the family would want to be rid of a piece of garbage like this, but at the same time maybe they remember him as a little kid riding his bike or helping with the groceries or something, and they can remember that there was once a good person in that shell.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:32 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Family loyalty is a weird thing. You'd think that the family would want to be rid of a piece of garbage like this, but at the same time maybe they remember him as a little kid riding his bike or helping with the groceries or something, and they can remember that there was once a good person in that shell.
I'd guess he's a total dumbass 23-year-old wanna-be badass who lacks impulse control and doesn't know how to walk away from a fight, but isn't some kind of hardened killer, and is good to his family, and maybe would have figured it out by the time he turned 30.

But that's going to happen in jail now.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:49 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It would be really hard to deal with the fact that the kid you raised turned into a murderer and is going to be put away. I honestly can't imagine the feelings. Dealing with the guilt. Losing your son, in a certain way. Being about as big of a failure you can be as a parent. It would be crushing.

But the mom was playing the victim card pretty hard on that gofundme. Maybe the easiest thing is to hunker down in the denial stage.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:17 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
It would be really hard to deal with the fact that the kid you raised turned into a murderer and is going to be put away. I honestly can't imagine the feelings. Dealing with the guilt. Losing your son, in a certain way. Being about as big of a failure you can be as a parent. It would be crushing.

But the mom was playing the victim card pretty hard on that gofundme. Maybe the easiest thing is to hunker down in the denial stage.
I'll take "Things That Are Cash Grabs" for $1,000, Alex.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:32 PM 03-13-2024
More thugs arrested

https://apnews.com/article/chiefs-su...dabca4bc5fd6f1
[Reply]
Pablo 06:41 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
More thugs arrested

https://apnews.com/article/chiefs-su...dabca4bc5fd6f1
Don’t say that word or Mayor Q will start his period
[Reply]
Page 103 of 107