ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ravens/ Steelers moving to [Wednesday? Maybe? WTF knows?]
cmh6476 12:02 PM 11-25-2020
poster boy Lamar must have tested positive

The #Ravens-#Steelers game previously set for Thursday night is being postponed to Sunday afternoon. The first in several weeks.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 25, 2020

[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:00 PM 12-01-2020
After reports of no new positives from yesterday or today, there is new reports of 2 positives for today from the ravens. One player and one staff member. The player participated in walkthroughs with the team but didn't travel tonight. If they end up canceling this game anyway...
[Reply]
tk13 09:12 PM 12-01-2020
Not exactly a vote of confidence.

One last note on the #Ravens' situation: The NFLPA is monitoring things along with the league and the team. The union is not attempting to halt the game as of right now, sources say, but will obviously watch tomorrow's POC tests before the game.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) December 2, 2020

[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:52 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
If the league wasn't so greedy they would just make the Ravens forfeit the game. They want their money.
More importantly when playing the game anyone is subject to injury, maybe season ending injury, can you imagine how that would hurt the playoff chances of these teams. Plus just the wear and tear even if you're not injured, it's like having another bye week. You got to play the game to make it a level playing field.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:50 PM 12-01-2020
Steelers need to lose. Tired of these punks.
[Reply]
wazu 11:07 PM 12-01-2020
We have a new theme song for Wednesday football.

Franks freestyle starting at about 50 seconds was entireley off the top of his head.

Hot seat: carry underwood/kendrick lamar https://t.co/z5EEKrRO0N

— PFTCommenter (@PFTCommenter) December 2, 2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:58 PM 12-01-2020

[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:13 AM 12-02-2020
Has the NFL sufficiently timed it so the Steelers are all but guaranteed a win? The NFL has done a masterful job using the larger situation to help get their desired outcomes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:44 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Has the NFL sufficiently timed it so the Steelers are all but guaranteed a win? The NFL has done a masterful job using the larger situation to help get their desired outcomes.
To be fair, if it were all about getting the Steelers a W, they would have forced the Ravens to forfeit or just played the game over the weekend.

I get the sentiment but it's misplaced here. They're obviously giving the Ravens every chance in the world to be competitive.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:08 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
To be fair, if it were all about getting the Steelers a W, they would have forced the Ravens to forfeit or just played the game over the weekend.

I get the sentiment but it's misplaced here. They're obviously giving the Ravens every chance in the world to be competitive.
Ah, a competitive slaughter. That's nice.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:14 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Ah, a competitive slaughter. That's nice.
Well, ideally they would have moved it so that Baltimore could have fielded a complete team but that wasn't possible. Baltimore had too large of an outbreak.

Let me frame it this way:

Do you really think the NFL wants to play a game, against any opponent, with Robert Griffin III instead of Lamar Jackson? Quite frankly, Lamar Jackson is a much bigger media push for the NFL right now than Big Ben and the Steelers.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:32 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Well, ideally they would have moved it so that Baltimore could have fielded a complete team but that wasn't possible. Baltimore had too large of an outbreak.

Let me frame it this way:

Do you really think the NFL wants to play a game, against any opponent, with Robert Griffin III instead of Lamar Jackson? Quite frankly, Lamar Jackson is a much bigger media push for the NFL right now than Big Ben and the Steelers.
I have no idea what the NFL wants, they have a lot of competing agendas. Their priorities and logic seem to change daily.

Well I don't like either team so I at least get to watch a team I don't like get slaughtered.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:38 AM 12-02-2020
Why was the game scheduled for the daytime instead of prime time?
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:45 AM 12-02-2020
Tree lighting peacock time tonight
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:49 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
To negatively affect the ratings of Jeopardy, Dr. Phil, and The Ellen show for one day.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:55 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Probably not a lot of time slots available considering contractual obligations with the networks and so many entities.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Up