« First < 71314151617 1819 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign free agent CB David Amerson
TRR 07:06 PM 02-16-2018
1 year deal per Terez Paylor.

Discuss...
[Reply]
KranzDictum 03:45 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Veach said he wants youth...not old players nearing the end like Talib.
They also need to go younger to get and stay out of cap hell.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:55 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
Not exactly.

Look when you have guys like Mahomes, Hill, Hunt, Peters, and Jones on rookie deals, you can afford some high priced contracts, so long as the term is short enough or structured in a way to walk away. Now with the Chiefs these young studs allow us to deal with Berry and Houston's contracts as well as some guys on the oline.

So you "could" go out and get a Talib if you wanted to and make it work. I'm just not sure that I would. I'd rather keep investing in the position with draft picks because one can never have enough talent in that position group.

People are also going to have to deal with the teality there there will be some positions in which the Chiefs basically are not going to spend a lot of money on. Like the WR position. Like depth behind Kelce, and if we are being really honest, running back. For all the shit that John Dorsey has received here, and I'll admit some of home town free agent deals sucked, we are in pretty damn good shape if you ask me.

Seriously, the Chiefs that are the only team that has dramatically imporved since the end of the season by trading for Fuller and adding Amerson. Remember when Carl was in charge and it felt like he went on vacation at the begining of the league year? Hell Veach is always working. It's exciting to see. Clark obviously made sure he kept the right guy. Can't wait to watch what this guy does during and around the draft.
[Reply]
farmerchief 04:05 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Not exactly.

People are also going to have to deal with the teality there there will be some positions in which the Chiefs basically are not going to spend a lot of money on. Like the WR position. Like depth behind Kelce, and if we are being really honest, running back. For all the shit that John Dorsey has received here, and I'll admit some of home town free agent deals sucked, we are in pretty damn good shape if you ask me.
I agree. I think we are fine at Wr, even if we don't resign Wilson, as we've got some young guys, give them a chance. As far as RB goes, I think we are in fantastic shape if Ware comes back healthy from his injury. Wouldn't hurt to add some TE depth, but honestly if Kelce went down there's nobody in free agency that could replace him(affordable at least). I like what's been done so far with the additions in the secondary. Keep on adding quality players in the secondary, is fine with me. I'd like to see McDougle come back to the area to give some depth at safety.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:31 PM 02-18-2018
They hit the Jackpot on the RB position in my book. Signing both Ware and West to small deals has worked out well. We are stacked at the position IMO, adding Ware into the mix should really help hunt. Still in the late rounds I'd look to keep some youth at the position because lets be honest, Ware and West are probably not going to get the carries or contract they want. If they are reasonable then great, but I doubt it. I view the WR position the same way, keep it young, keep looking for upgrades. Don't waste money.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:35 PM 02-18-2018
I'd be interested in something around the Packers pick at #13. That would maybe give us the choice between Vita Vea or Da'Ron Payne for the middle of the defense. That could make us considerably stronger in both our 3-4 or 2-5 set. In passing downs in the 2-5, we could have one of those two paired with Jones in the middle 2 spots, and Houston and K-Pass on the ends. That should provide a push up the middle and rush off of the edge to make our defense much stronger.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 06:33 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
The guy is garbage.

Raider fans were ecstatic when he got cut.

The only good thing about this is that we are not overly committed to him.

A “meh” signing in other words.
He had a few great games and then he went to hell... Raiders got him off the waiver wire and I thought they found a steak dinner in the trash pile.. He probably won't even make your team.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 07:06 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
You spend a lot of time obsessing over the chiefs.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:26 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
He had a few great games and then he went to hell... Raiders got him off the waiver wire and I thought they found a steak dinner in the trash pile.. He probably won't even make your team.
You don't even watch your team play. How would you know?
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:31 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Jack Del Rio and his motley band of fools couldnt coach a fat kid to eat a cheeseburger

We'll see what Amerson can do on a REAL team
[Reply]
Setsuna 08:39 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Jack Del Rio and his motley band of fools couldnt coach a fat kid to eat a cheeseburger

:-):-):-):-):-) Riiight.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 08:41 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

:-) :-) :-):-)
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:16 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by thegame214:
We shore up the defense this team will be god damn scary
Sounds like a quote from Bob Sutton trying to justify his job
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:23 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
:-):-):-):-):-) Riiight.
I thought you fucking hated Jack Del Rio when he was coaching Jackoffville?
[Reply]
aturnis 01:49 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, from what I'm reading-he's a bump-n-run man corner. Last year, the Raiders ran mostly zone. So, not playing to his strengths. So, we might be encouraged that Veach went and got him, as it would indicate that perhaps we too are ready to start playing tighter man, bump-n-run again. Last year, admittedly due to injury and just plain lack of depth, we did a lot of goofy zone and off-coverage shit.

So, I'm carefully optimistic. Could be that Fuller, Amerson, and Peters might be a killer man CB trio.
Good bet with how fast QB's were getting rid of the ball against KC. They had to be among three wheat in the league.
[Reply]
aturnis 01:53 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No offense but I wish people would stop quoting those fucking bozos at the Over The Cap. They know absolutely nothing.

They constantly screw up cap numbers and had DJ down for an $8 million dollar cap hit in 2018 because they had no idea that he had a voidable contract.

It's a "fun" site but it's hardly 100% accurate.
This is what I found. They are consistently wrong and Spotrac had more reliable numbers.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 19
« First < 71314151617 1819 >
Up