ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stafford on the Trade block
Dante84 05:14 PM 01-23-2021
You gotta think Denver or Oakland would try and make it happen if they want to compete with KC and SD in the next 2 years.

And this from Detroit: pic.twitter.com/M0L46PzCw2

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 23, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 03:14 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah I never compared the defense. Why would I? I just posted their offensive metrics. Only one Stafford is ahead in is yards.
I really don’t care about the stats. Stats say Josh Allen was as good or better than Mahomes this year too. Every time you make an argument it’s always stats based. You might as well use PFF too.

Nobody said you compared the defense. I am. Because it’s completely relevant context that you’re missing in favor of making a statistical comparison.

I also love how you think it’s just arm strength. Stafford has more arm talent period. He can make throws that Cousins can’t. That’s not just a throw away when we’re talking about QB’s. Stafford has shown the ability to comeback with his arm many times in his career. He’s a different kind of QB because of his arm talent.
[Reply]
-King- 04:42 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I really don’t care about the stats. Stats say Josh Allen was as good or better than Mahomes this year too. Every time you make an argument it’s always stats based. You might as well use PFF too.

Nobody said you compared the defense. I am. Because it’s completely relevant context that you’re missing in favor of making a statistical comparison.

I also love how you think it’s just arm strength. Stafford has more arm talent period. He can make throws that Cousins can’t. That’s not just a throw away when we’re talking about QB’s. Stafford has shown the ability to comeback with his arm many times in his career. He’s a different kind of QB because of his arm talent.
Uh, no they don't. The only stat Allen has on Mahomes is completion percentage. Mahomes has more yards, more touchdowns, less INTs, higher Y/A, higher passer rating. And he didnt even play all 16 games.

And yeah he can make throws Cousins can't...so can Jay Cutler. So? Him and Kirk are both tier two QBs that need basically everything to be right around them to win. And both are capable of making boneheaded idiotic decisions that can potentially lose you the game.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:54 PM 01-27-2021
Uh, no they don't. The only stat Allen has on Mahomes is completion percentage. Mahomes has more yards, more touchdowns, less INTs, higher Y/A, higher passer rating. And he didnt even play all 16 games.

And yeah he can make throws Cousins can't...so can Jay Cutler. So? Him and Kirk are both tier two QBs that need basically everything to be right around them to win. And both are capable of making boneheaded idiotic decisions that can potentially lose you the game.
Bull fucking shit. Things rarely ever go right for Stafford, more or less “everything”.

Again, Cousins has played with some very good defenses and running games. Stafford has not. Stafford has shown the ability to comeback late in games with his arm several times. He does it at least once or twice every year. Cousins doesn’t have that kind of ability as a passer. Even though Stafford has had some good WR’s, Cousins even has him what there. He’s legitimately had 2 #1 WR’s his entire time in Minnesota with a top 5 RB to go with it.

As for Mahomes/Allen, the point was that people use statistics to try and put Allen in the same conversation when it’s obvious he’s not even in the same stratosphere. They did the same thing with Lamar last year. When your entire argument is based around stats it’s fucking silly and borderline retarded.

Seriously, you should probably refrain from talking football with people that have more knowledge than you because you consistently look like a fucking moron when you do. There’s a reason everybody in this thread is laughing at your horrific take.
[Reply]
-King- 04:56 PM 01-27-2021
Bull fucking shit. Things rarely ever go right for Stanford, more or less “everything”.

Again, Cousins has played with some very good defenses and running games. Stafford has not. Stafford has shown the ability to comeback late in games with his arm several times. He does it at least once or twice every year. Cousins doesn’t have that kind of ability as a passer.

As for Mahomes/Allen, the point was that people use statistics to try and put Allen in the same conversation when it’s obvious he’s not even in the same stratosphere. When your entire argument is based around stats it’s fucking silly and borderline retarded.

Again, you should probably refrain from talking football with people that have more knowledge than you because you consistently look like a fucking moron.
And yet you always reply to my "idiot" football takes and get into your little 14 year old on xbox live angry mode :-)

And yeah things don't ever go right for Stafford. That's why he has such a terrible record and why I say he needs everything right around him to win. He had had very good supporting casts on offense including one of the best receivers in history. Where did he lead the lions those years?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:03 PM 01-27-2021
And yet you always reply to my "idiot" football takes and get into your little 14 year old on xbox live angry mode :-)

And yeah things don't ever go right for Stafford. That's why he has such a terrible record and why I say he needs everything right around him to win. He had had very good supporting casts on offense including one of the best receivers in history. Where did he lead the lions those years?
Dude. You've not watched him play much if you think he and Kirk Cousins are in the same LEAGUE let alone level.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:07 PM 01-27-2021

You keep saying this while ignoring my point about Stafford showing at least once or twice every year since he’s been in the league that he has the arm talent to make those kinds of Mahomes type of comebacks that you need to win playoff games. His arm talent makes him a different QB. It’s not just about strength either.

That’s the difference between a guy like Stafford and a guy like Cousins.

I’m honestly not trying to be a dick, but there’s not a person in the NFL that would agree with your take. That’s how bad it is. Just look at the difference in how those guys are valued today.
[Reply]
-King- 05:09 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Dude. You've not watched him play much if you think he and Kirk Cousins are in the same LEAGUE let alone level.
I have. And there's a reason you can't give me any tangible reasons other than his arm strength to why he's better. They're both on the same level. If shits bad around them, they're going to go 4-12 or worse. Decent supporting casts they'll go 9-7 or 10-6. Great supporting casts they'll go 12-4 and then lose in the first two rounds of the playoffs. They are stylistically different, but the results are the same.
[Reply]
-King- 05:13 PM 01-27-2021
You keep saying this while ignoring my point about Stafford showing at least once or twice every year since he’s been in the league that he has the arm talent to make those kinds of Mahomes type of comebacks that you need to win playoff games. His arm talent makes him a different QB. It’s not just about strength either.

That’s the difference between a guy like Stafford and a guy like Cousins.

I’m honestly not trying to be a dick, but there’s not a person in the NFL that would agree with your take. That’s how bad it is. Just look at the difference in how those guys are valued today.
Dude has like 5 wins against winning teams in his career. You're impressed he came back against scrub teams :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 05:16 PM 01-27-2021
Dude has like 5 wins against winning teams in his career. You're impressed he came back against scrub teams :-)
He’s played for a bottom 3 organization his entire career you buttfucking moron.

He’s never had a running game or a defense. Not many QB’s would find success being a Lion for their entire career.

I mean they’ve literally had 2 all-time great players retire early because the organization is THAT bad.

The point wasn’t that he’s come back against great teams. I never said anything about the quality of those teams. The point is he has the ability because he has borderline elite arm talent. You still don’t understand the difference between arm strength and arm talent.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:31 PM 01-27-2021
He’s played for a bottom 3 organization his entire career you butt****ing moron.

He’s never had a running game or a defense. Not many QB’s would find success being a Lion for their entire career.

I mean they’ve literally had 2 all-time great players retire early because the organization is THAT bad.

The point wasn’t that he’s come back against great teams. I never said anything about the quality of those teams. The point is he has the ability because he has borderline elite arm talent. You still don’t understand the difference between arm strength and arm talent.
It doesn't matter. We'll have to wait until next year, some people just have their minds made up.

When Stafford goes to a stable organization and wins, they'll all be surprised, but we won't.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:43 PM 01-27-2021
I'm baffled he never managed to win a playoff game even with Megatron.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:56 PM 01-27-2021
I'm kind of a believer in Stafford. I think a change of scenery will do him alot of good.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:59 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'm baffled he never managed to win a playoff game even with Megatron.
shitty defense, shitty offensive line, shitty running game.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:51 AM 01-28-2021
Excuses, excuses, excuses
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:02 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
and let's be crystal clear-

There's a tier that has Mahomes.

And then there's everyone else. So yeah, Stafford is second tier.

You stick him in Denver and that's a 12-4 or 13-3 team that's a pain in our ass.
I dunno... I think Stafford is a lot of 'meh'. I know that he's been stuck in DET, but still. Great for him to get out, but I just don't know that he can take a team and lead them.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up