ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>No fans in seats for 2020 LV
Eureka 12:37 PM 08-03-2020
Just received the email. Seems this will most likely happen at every venue. Hope this whole pandemic will subside and everyone can stay healthy in the mean time.

“There is nothing more important to the Raider Organization than the health and safety of our players, coaches, staff, stadium workers, and fans. After intensive consultation with healthcare officials and state and community leaders, We Have Made The Difficult Decision To Play The Las Vegas Raiders 2020 Inaugural Season At Allegiant Stadium Without Fans In Attendance. This decision is based on our commitment to protect the health of our fans and the entire community in response to the coronavirus pandemic affecting us all.”
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:07 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
the Premier League since the restart has been playing in front of no fans, and it's actually been fine. I was skeptical but the quality of the game is good and the fake crowd noise is actually better than the alternative. It has reduced home field advantage to almost nil, IIRC
yeah, I watched some of it. Like baseball, they are not overdoing it. More ambient and then increase in crucial moments.

Crowd noise ain't the same at Arrowhead as it is at the Chargers. Our HFA is gone but its going to be a different year. "Normal" ain't happening this year. It is what it is.
[Reply]
Spott 02:10 PM 08-03-2020
If the Raiders suck and no one is around to see it, did they really suck?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:11 PM 08-03-2020
No ‘Arrowhead Mystique’ this year.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08-03-2020, 02:12 PM
This message has been deleted by Deberg_1990.
BigRedChief 02:13 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
No ‘Arrowhead Mystique’ this year.
Yet, with no fans in the stands to swing momentum in a big way, the team with the most talent should have the edge. This year, thats us.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:15 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’m Hopeful with the piped in crowd noise it will make it seem better. I was real skeptical about piped in crowd noise but baseball doing it has not turned out so bad. They are not over doing it. Just enough to keep it from being weird.
the Premier League since the restart has been playing in front of no fans, and it's actually been fine. I was skeptical but the quality of the game is good and the fake crowd noise is actually better than the alternative. It has reduced home field advantage to almost nil, IIRC
It's better than nothing, for sure. It's gonna' be weird especially at first. And yeah, for home field advantage can they turn the crowd noise way high when the visiting team is on offense and quiet it for the home team?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:21 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
It's better than nothing, for sure. It's gonna' be weird especially at first. And yeah, for home field advantage can they turn the crowd noise way high when the visiting team is on offense and quiet it for the home team?
I think they will do this because the crowd got louder on 3-2 counts and stuff
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:38 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
And with the premiere league it gets louder as the the players get closer to the net and scoring. So far, from what I've seen, no one is taking advantage and pipping in loud crowd noise thats not usually there. That would backfire anyway. It would make it weirder that it already is.
[Reply]
FD 02:39 PM 08-03-2020
I think even in the best case scenario for the upcoming season there will be no fans in attendance.
[Reply]
Renegade 03:16 PM 08-03-2020
Won't need the mic'd up because you will be able to hear everything going on the field without crowd noise.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:18 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Did it? This is going to be interesting.
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:24 PM 08-03-2020
The noise was added to the TV broadcast, it's not being played through the stadium sound system.

They had an option where if you didn't want to listen to the noise you could use their streaming channel, but it was a little weird. Whistles echoing through empty parks, lots of reverb when the ball was kicked, etc.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:37 PM 08-03-2020
The noise was added to the TV broadcast, it's not being played through the stadium sound system.

They had an option where if you didn't want to listen to the noise you could use their streaming channel, but it was a little weird. Whistles echoing through empty parks, lots of reverb when the ball was kicked, etc.
Oh, I see what you mean. That’s not as much fun.
[Reply]
Otter 05:14 PM 08-03-2020
There's going to be a whole lot of concession stand workers, custodians and security guards SOL this season.

The Black Mirror series on Netflix was prophetic.
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:20 PM 08-03-2020
Oh, I see what you mean. That’s not as much fun.
I think the fans have a big impact in English football, but it's not bad to watch on TV. You only notice occasionally that the fans aren't actually there after a while.

I think the NFL will be harder, because the crowd noise is more dynamic and instantaneous. With the games I was talking about, they have a pretty standard backing track of noise that involves the home team's songs and chants. They did some clever things where they blended in fan displeasure when a decision went against them or the sound of shock or cheering when appropriate. I think it will be harder to make it realistic in the NFL unless they are using some kind of a delay.
[Reply]
sedated 05:25 PM 08-03-2020

I'm not sure that's true in all cases. I could be wrong, but I heard one of the reasons MLB added crowd noise (in the stadium, not only on the broadcast) was because hitters could hear the catcher moving around and know if he was setting up on the inside or outside the plate.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up