ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Pick the BEST name from EACH pair.
**** Contest 1. Pick the best name. 1 1.12%
Kings 22 24.72%
Monarchs 47 52.81%
**** Contest 2. Pick the best name. 1 1.12%
Wolves 30 33.71%
Wolfpack 34 38.20%
I just ... I can't vote on these. 17 19.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Renaming the Chiefs: Round 5 - Final Four
Rain Man 09:26 AM 08-03-2020
Two names enter, one name leaves. We've got 4 candidates remaining from Round 4, seeded based on their initial scoring.

I'll present them in sets of two. Vote for ONE name from EACH pair.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 04:04 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Does Wolfpacks do it for you?
It's better.
[Reply]
patteeu 04:17 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Really? Do you own any dogs? Wolves wouldn't even make your top 20 favorite animals list?
It doesn’t make my top 20 names for the Kansas City football team. I don’t see much natural connection between KC and wolves and the wolf names just don’t have a good ring to me.

FTR, I don’t intend it as an insult to wolf lovers and I like dogs. :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:24 PM 08-03-2020
Wolf Kings would actually be a really good name.
[Reply]
patteeu 04:48 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Wolf Kings would actually be a really good name.
That’s not bad.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 04:59 PM 08-03-2020
I'm disappointed the LOVE BIRDS didn't make the FINAL FOUR. My personal FINAL FOUR
1. LOVE BIRDS
2. BEARDED DRAGONS
3. BLACK WIDOWS
4. SNOW LEOPARDS
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:07 PM 08-03-2020
I always liked when the team's name reflected part of the city's legacy/geography...Pittsburgh Steelers, Detroit Pistons, Miami Dolphins, Dallas Cowboys, San Fransisco 49ers...Denver ButtPlugs.

No animal names...or one that has already been used.

Has anything interesting ever happened in KC...enough to name the team after?
[Reply]
PHOG 05:19 PM 08-03-2020

[Reply]
patteeu 05:22 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I always liked when the team's name reflected part of the city's legacy/geography...Pittsburgh Steelers, Detroit Pistons, Miami Dolphins, Dallas Cowboys, San Fransisco 49ers...Denver ButtPlugs.

No animal names...or one that has already been used.

Has anything interesting ever happened in KC...enough to name the team after?
Walt Disney came from here, but the KC Cartoons isn't really a good football name, despite it's attractive alliteration.

P.S. There's no real connection here, but since you're you, I named my first online fantasy team the KC Conspiracy. I'm going to retroactively make you an honorary member of our team. IIRC Marvin Harrison is our star.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 05:36 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Andoverer:
A Monarch is a butterfly. Doesn't exactly sound like a name that opponents would fear.
A monarch is someone who is the ruler of a kingdom, such as Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:38 PM 08-03-2020
Some history on the Wolfpack:

https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-f...in-kc-13686266
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:44 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
That’s not bad.
Ermine Kings?
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:47 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Walt Disney came from here, but the KC Cartoons isn't really a good football name, despite it's attractive alliteration.

P.S. There's no real connection here, but since you're you, I named my first online fantasy team the KC Conspiracy. I'm going to retroactively make you an honorary member of our team. IIRC Marvin Harrison is our star.
Considering Monarch is a covert MKUltra program... I think that concept is covered already.

Walt had a speakeasy club at Disneyland...it was called "The 33 Club"...hence 33 degree Freemason...discreet...members only. Only place in the park that served alcohol. It was nearly impossible to get in to...

Kansas City Thirty-Threes....has a nice cadence.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:32 AM 08-04-2020
Monarchs and Wolfpack will compete for the title unless I decide to include Ermines as well.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:58 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Considering Monarch is a covert MKUltra program... I think that concept is covered already.

Walt had a speakeasy club at Disneyland...it was called "The 33 Club"...hence 33 degree Freemason...discreet...members only. Only place in the park that served alcohol. It was nearly impossible to get in to...

Kansas City Thirty-Threes....has a nice cadence.
I hate the name idea, but I love that you were able to conspiracize the Walt Disney connection.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:05 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
What would the logo even be for the Monarchs?
To fit that name, something like this:

[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up