ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Best Rock & Roll Concert you have ever seen?
BigRedChief 11:57 PM 07-30-2020
So many......but I’ve got to go with.......Monsters of Rock...... Arrowhead Stadium

Spent the day and night down front center stage.

Van Halen
Metallica
REO
Heart
Scorpions
John Cougar
Kingdom Come
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:51 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I'm good with these guys for like one or two songs. Gets rather boring to me after that. Not shitting on the talent whats so ever.
The concert I went to was very good. It is not all heavy metal. They actually played a wide variety of songs styles.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 05:17 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I'm good with these guys for like one or two songs. Gets rather boring to me after that. Not shitting on the talent whats so ever.

It is a sort of an"acquired" taste...I remember fondly the first time I saw them at Memorial in KCKS. Music starts and builds, and builds, and builds....back then they didn't have much of a "show". Over the years I have seen the "show" go from basically non-existent to what it is today. Damn....12-13 years now?

Then I saw the "older folks" (not me obviously :-) ) getting up and walking out..I truly think they came to see a Christmas orchestra by the KC Symphony.....pretty funny..

In all honesty - it has become a Christmas tradition for my family for several years. Hell, we usually buy tickets when they have the fan pre-sale and get the first row or two.

We look at it as the beginning of the Holiday season..
[Reply]
eDave 05:32 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
It is a sort of an"acquired" taste...I remember fondly the first time I saw them at Memorial in KCKS. Music starts and builds, and builds, and builds....back then they didn't have much of a "show". Over the years I have seen the "show" go from basically non-existent to what it is today. Damn....12-13 years now?

Then I saw the "older folks" (not me obviously :-) ) getting up and walking out..I truly think they came to see a Christmas orchestra by the KC Symphony.....pretty funny..

In all honesty - it has become a Christmas tradition for my family for several years. Hell, we usually buy tickets when they have the fan pre-sale and get the first row or two.

We look at it as the beginning of the Holiday season..
I can respect that. It's Mannheim Steamroller for me.

And I suppose it's not a good idea to base an opinion off a few Youtube videos.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 06:07 PM 08-01-2020
311 transistor tour. '96, i think. not exactly rock but plenty of sex and drugs. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

musically... the best rock concert I attended was Ozzy No More Tours
[Reply]
lewdog 01:45 PM 08-09-2020
Pearl Jam is always a great show. They sound crisp live and always play 3+ hours. I was scheduled to see them for a 4th time this April before it was cancelled.

Coheed and Cambria was amazing live back in 2011. Saw them at the Knitting Factory in Spokane, 1500 seat venue. Screaming guitars that were unbelievably crisp live. Throw in Claudio's high pitched vocals, which sound exactly like they do on the record, and it's one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

AFI- Saw them in Missoula, Montana in a venue with max capacity of 1,400. It was fucking awesome as every seat felt so close. We were in the upper balcony so we could watch the pit moving throughout. It was a fairly short set but another band that kept their sound live.

Eric Church and Garth Brooks- Two huge stadium concerts that were fantastic. Both are great showman and both concerts lived up to that hype. Set-lists can be very important for country music and both chose cohesive songs. Church worked in local "kid", Michael Phelps, during one song that absolutely rocked the house. I don't like most pop country put out today but Church can really write songs. He's in my top 10 favorite artists of all time and is writing better songs as he ages.
[Reply]
kc rush 02:11 PM 08-09-2020
Rush R40

A great career retrospective. Too bad it was the last tour. At least I was able to take my kids out to see them live.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:14 PM 08-09-2020
KISS in STL on their first reunion tour, iirc STL was their 7th gig, so they were still fresh and excited but had a few shows to iron out the kinks first... absolutely incredible, like a time warp to 1977

We were in the risers on Ace's side, almost eye level with him... they killed it
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:00 PM 08-09-2020
Honestly the best show I’ve seen recently enough that I can really remember was Ice Nine Kills. My favorite band was the last opener and one of the other opening acts blew me away. There was only about 150 people there but the room was so small you couldn’t even move. The pit was crazy and both of my daughters were with me.
[Reply]
sully1983 07:17 AM 08-10-2020
Guns n Roses (a few years ago in Glendale, AZ where the Cardinals play). Flat out awesome show. Say what you want about Axel Rose but the guy puts everything he's got into his singing and showmanship haha. They rocked out , the crowd was really into it and played for quite awhile.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 06:48 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Guns n Roses (a few years ago in Glendale, AZ where the Cardinals play). Flat out awesome show. Say what you want about Axel Rose but the guy puts everything he's got into his singing and showmanship haha. They rocked out , the crowd was really into it and played for quite awhile.
Thats actually great to hear.I don't think he would've gotten so much flack if he didnt help start fight/riots/cancellations over the years.I know he did have some issues though.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 07:49 PM 08-10-2020
2007 - Stray Cats in Kansas City

I basically eye fucked Brian Setzer for 2 hours from 10 feet away from him while singing along with him. Security made us go back to our seats about 20 minutes into the show and Brian said:

"I don't know who just told everyone to go sit down but these people have been waiting 15 years for this. If you were up here... get back up here" (or something VERY close to this) I am basically crawling over people to get back to where I was and the security guy stopped me and asked me where I thought I was headed. I pointed to the front of the stage and kept on moving.

Fucking glorious.

[Reply]
Halfcan 08:00 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by kc rush:
Rush R40

A great career retrospective. Too bad it was the last tour. At least I was able to take my kids out to see them live.
This. My long time Rush buddy got us 3rd row on the floor, center stage. We could feel it every time the Professor hit his bass drums. Such power he had.

It was bittersweet because you knew it was the end.
[Reply]
Boon 08:05 PM 08-10-2020
The Rolling Stone in Wichita KS. October 2006.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:07 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
So many......but I’ve got to go with.......Monsters of Rock...... Arrowhead Stadium

Spent the day and night down front center stage.

Van Halen
Metallica
REO
Heart
Scorpions
John Cougar
Kingdom Come
These bands were not there. It was a great show, but I think you are misrembering. Dokken was also there to bore the crowd to death.

Huge food fight after Metalica between levels. Got so crazy a majority of the crowd was throwing shit. My sister got overheated after the Scorps ad we had to get her to the medic tent. Scorpions stole the show imo.

https://www.concertarchives.org/conc...ers-of-rock--4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monste...Rock_Tour_1988
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:25 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
These bands were not there. It was a great show, but I think you are misrembering. Dokken was also there to bore the crowd to death.

Huge food fight after Metalica between levels. Got so crazy a majority of the crowd was throwing shit. My sister got overheated after the Scorps ad we had to get her to the medic tent. Scorpions stole the show imo.

https://www.concertarchives.org/conc...ers-of-rock--4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monste...Rock_Tour_1988
crap, I went to two of those. And another one in Arrowhead. The best was the Van Halen/Metallica/Scorpions one. I’d never heard of the Scorpions. Heard one song of Metallica. Was totally blown away. Or maybe it was the good drugs. I remember the food fight. It was a blast watching it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up