ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone ever experience burnout?
Mecca 02:45 PM 07-30-2020
I feel like I'm there, I was there before Covid and feel like it's worse now. I legit have no motivation to do anything and I know I'm pessimistic and not fun to be around for the most part. If anyone wants further stuff I can deep dive but I need some advice because I feel like I'm stuck in the wallow not to escape.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:12 PM 07-30-2020
I get burnout when I get off rotation from my job...I travel a lot...work 7 days on 7 days off pretty much.

When I get home off rotation...I don't wanna do shit, don't wanna cook, clean, run errands, go to the bank, etc. Especially the first couple days I sit on my ass and recollect and don't do a god damn thing.

Dunno if this is necessarily burnout per say, but my home has gone to trash, need to clean and haven't done it forever....get depressed when I think about it lol.
[Reply]
eDave 05:14 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I get burnout when I get off rotation from my job...I travel a lot...work 7 days on 7 days off pretty much.

When I get home off rotation...I don't wanna do shit, don't wanna cook, clean, run errands, go to the bank, etc. Especially the first couple days I sit on my ass and recollect and don't do a god damn thing.

Dunno if this is necessarily burnout per say, but my home has gone to trash, need to clean and haven't done it forever....get depressed when I think about it lol.
Amazingly, cleaning your house will lift your spirits a great deal.
[Reply]
eDave 05:15 PM 07-30-2020
WilliamTheIrish is crushing this thread. Great great stuff from both he and nut.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:16 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
IT industry by any chance? That shit will burn anyone out.
Fuck if that ain't the truth. It's not the work itself that burns me out, it's the constant studying I do on my own time on top of the work to not become irrelevant.
[Reply]
Dayze 05:22 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
IT industry by any chance? That shit will burn anyone out.
Project management / controls in the cell tower / core network shit.
Not IT Per se, more on the construction and A&E side of things.
[Reply]
KentuckyChief 05:36 PM 07-30-2020
Anybody here ever work in an automotive factory? I’ve worked for one of the big 3 for 26 years. Doing the same exact movements every 40 seconds for 10 hours a day for years causes extreme burnout. I feel for ya Mecca, burnout sucks, I’m right there with you, completely apathetic about everything right now. I hate myself when I wake up, spend the day in complete silence, not wanting to interact with others. I barely feel human anymore. If I have any advice it’d be to say that you’re not alone and I’ll keep you in my thoughts.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 05:55 PM 07-30-2020
Speak with a professional.
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:08 PM 07-30-2020
Women never understand. Seems a waste of time to vent to them.

More folks are dealing w/the stress of 2020 than the actual issues themselves.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:52 PM 07-30-2020
I was there 6 months ago. I Negotiated an exit from my Corp job and have never felt better! Lost 25 lbs on Intermittent Fasting and light circuit training. I've camped, hiked and fished 10+ National Parks through CA, NV, UT, CO, KS, NM, and AZ. I finished a 2nd College Degree, took a Harvard Business Course, just started my 12th audiobook, and started a company.

...The key is taking some time to focus on you! Not work, not kids, not wifey. Do something for you! Set goals for you!

The hardest part for me was starting to eat healthy and workout, but if you get through the first 3 weeks or so it becomes tremendously rewarding and it's obvious that this was what I was missing.
[Reply]
notorious 06:54 PM 07-30-2020
I run into a funk like this every once in a while.

As soon as I straighten my diet out and eat right it helps immensely.

I also put down the devices and spend more time with real people.
[Reply]
eDave 06:56 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I was there 6 months ago. I Negotiated an exit from my Corp job and have never felt better! Lost 25 lbs on Intermittent Fasting and light circuit training. I've camped, hiked and fished 10+ National Parks through CA, NV, UT, CO, KS, NM, and AZ. I finished a 2nd College Degree, took a Harvard Business Course, and just started my 12th audiobook.

...The key is taking some time to focus on you! Not work, not kids, not wifey. Do something for you! Set goals for you!

The hardest part for me was starting to eat healthy and workout, but if you get through the first 3 weeks or so it becomes tremendously rewarding and it's obvious that this was what I was missing.
You need a name change, man.
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:57 PM 07-30-2020
It’s pretty simple for me:

1. I Spend my time focusing on the things that I Love - primarily my Family. They’re the focus of almost everything I do. They’re always first in my life. My kids are in College, but nothing has changed. I do whatever I can to be a part of their lives, and to be there whenever they have time for me. With my wife, we’re learning to create a new life for ourselves without kids around 24-7. It’s challenging, but we are committed to being there for each other.

2. I Take time to appreciate the beauty of life, and to be thankful for what I have. Generally speaking, I take 10-15 mins every day, usually EARLY in the morning, and I meditate. I clear my mind and allow myself to feel good about all the blessings in my life. I don’t allow the negative to come into my mind. It’s so relaxing, so peaceful. The perfect start to my day.

3. Exercise. Honest to God, without exercise, life would be tough for me. I set up small goals each week to accomplish. Nothing major, but something to achieve. Some days it’s just 20 mins on the bike, and other days it’s 60 mins of cardio and weights. But I get up and sweat every day. There’s nothing that charges my batteries more than that.

4. I stopped hanging out or surrounding myself with negative people. I don’t like moping and being an asshole. I’m 53 years old. I don’t want to spend what’s left of my life being a miserable prick because of the company I keep - ChiefsPlanet peeps excluded :-)

5. Last but not least - make life bigger than yourself. Everyone has talents that they care share, so share them! Volunteer your time with people that need help. Yeah, it can be uncomfortable, but volunteering helped me make sense of my own life. It feels so good to bring happiness to others, when your only reward is a smile. I love my job, but I’m not making the world a better place by what I do. Volunteering gives me that sense that I’m actually helping and contributing. It’s chicken soup for the soul.

You can do this, Mecca. The first step is your willingness to make some changes. If you can’t find the willingness to do it for yourself, then do it for the ones that love you the most. They’ll appreciate it, and you’ll begin to find purpose in life once again. Good luck!
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:03 PM 07-30-2020
The key is to challenge the negative thoughts and feelings when they occur. They are typically unwanted and often intrusive in that they seemingly come out of nowhere. When you get those negative thoughts and feelings and don’t deal with them as they arise, they continue to become “normal” to you to the point that they become true and believable in your mind.

Also, a huge problem for most people is that one negative thought causes a flood of emotions and all negative thoughts or events associated with those unpleasant emotions come back even if the thought or event happened long ago or was something you weren’t even triggered by. This happens very quickly, is overwhelming, and leads to a sense of hopelessness like it’s too much to deal with.

You have to challenge the negative thoughts and emotions. You will find they are typically illogical and make no sense.
[Reply]
scho63 07:05 PM 07-30-2020
I can speak to this with first hand knowledge and action I took:

I was making $115-125,000 working 75-80 hours a week while living in Northern Virginia. I became burnt out, fat, tired and no direction.

I quit my job to the shock of everyone, gave away everything I owned minus my summer clothes and some personal momentos that would fit in my car.

I drove to Scottsdale AZ in March 2017 with no job, no place to live, no family or friends here.

I found an incredible place to live, took 6 months off, went to the gym everyday and lost 80 pounds.

I spent the rest of the time by the pool in the sun relaxing or chilling out.

I also did volunteer work raising money for Foster children.

One of the greatest decisions of my life.
[Reply]
Jenson71 07:05 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
This is one of the best and most important threads in CP history
No doubt. I’m bookmarking this stuff.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up