ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2772 of 3903
« First < 1772227226722722276227682769277027712772 277327742775277627822822287232723772 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 06:20 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Worldometers is showing half the cases of that
Actually showing over 1500 for today on worldometers

1593 to be exact
[Reply]
petegz28 06:47 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Actually showing over 1500 for today on worldometers

1593 to be exact
6 hours later.....okay
[Reply]
petegz28 07:11 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
What did I do?
Looks like we came under last Monday. That's a good thing, right? :-)
[Reply]
AustinChief 01:09 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I have no idea why they're comparing Sweden to the UK, Italy and Spain instead of say, Finland.

How is Finland faring? How about Norway?

That's like comparing NYC to Salina, KS.
It's weird to me seeing Finland compared to Sweden, they really aren't as similar as people seem to think they are. Norway is iffy too. Denmark is a better comparison imo.

Regardless, Sweden's strategy was all about being prepared for a second wave and avoiding the negative unintended consequences that come with strict mitigation efforts. People tend to overlook the excess deaths that come from strict measures.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Monticore 05:13 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
It's weird to me seeing Finland compared to Sweden, they really aren't as similar as people seem to think they are. Norway is iffy too. Denmark is a better comparison imo.

Regardless, Sweden's strategy was all about being prepared for a second wave and avoiding the negative unintended consequences that come with strict mitigation efforts. People tend to overlook the excess deaths that come from strict measures.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Which excess deaths would you be referring to ?
[Reply]
O.city 07:22 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Which excess deaths would you be referring to ?
The hard part with those are gonna be that they aren't all gonna happen at one time or fast. We won't know about those for years.

Missed cancer diagnosis is one thing I've heard some docs are struggling with. There's a litany of others I'm guessing he's talking about though too.
[Reply]
loochy 07:26 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
No, 150K people are dead because of stuff like this. I just think it's horrible and the way people like you act is appalling. But the truth is you have no remorse and you get perverse joy out of doing this and twisting the knife, so there's really no point to be here and bother with this.
Dude are you on crack or something?
YOU did it Pete. YOU. If you would have just pretended to be outraged and afraid, none of this would have happened.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:02 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
YOU did it Pete. YOU. If you would have just pretended to be outraged and afraid, none of this would have happened.

[Reply]
Monticore 08:22 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The hard part with those are gonna be that they aren't all gonna happen at one time or fast. We won't know about those for years.

Missed cancer diagnosis is one thing I've heard some docs are struggling with. There's a litany of others I'm guessing he's talking about though too.
I don’t think Hospitals would have been able to function normally during a pandemic and those types of things would be the same without or without lockdowns, trying to run Hospitals wth people acting/working normally surely would have increased the odds of them being overwhelmed and also increasing the risks of getting covid in hospital would have increased as well .

It is hard to quantify but just having more people work from home instead of commuting probably saved some lives .

But who knows
[Reply]
kgrund 08:42 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I don’t think Hospitals would have been able to function normally during a pandemic and those types of things would be the same without or without lockdowns, trying to run Hospitals wth people acting/working normally surely would have increased the odds of them being overwhelmed and also increasing the risks of getting covid in hospital would have increased as well .

It is hard to quantify but just having more people work from home instead of commuting probably saved some lives .

But who knows
Suicides and deaths by domestic violence are two major ones not being discussed here, but discussed widely on social media as being heavily impacted by the lockdowns.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:53 AM 08-04-2020
I'm at a doctor's office as my wife has a routine checkup thing, and they have a nice big seating area outside. There are probably 20 seating areas that are nicely socially distanced with maybe 50 or 60 seats at them.

I'm sitting there and a masked lady toddles toward me with her cane. I'm thinking, nooooo, there are 20 different seating areas and 18 of them are empty. You're not coming to mine. She's getting closer. No. Closer. No. She toddles up, turns around, and plants her rear end right next to me. Other than sitting on my lap, she could not have made a worse choice. So I got up and moved. I have no idea how people think sometimes. She was wearing a mask and in a medical facility. How did she not think about distancing?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:57 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm at a doctor's office as my wife has a routine checkup thing, and they have a nice big seating area outside. There are probably 20 seating areas that are nicely socially distanced with maybe 50 or 60 seats at them.

I'm sitting there and a masked lady toddles toward me with her cane. I'm thinking, nooooo, there are 20 different seating areas and 18 of them are empty. You're not coming to mine. She's getting closer. No. Closer. No. She toddles up, turns around, and plants her rear end right next to me. Other than sitting on my lap, she could not have made a worse choice. So I got up and moved. I have no idea how people think sometimes. She was wearing a mask and in a medical facility. How did she not think about distancing?
Perhaps you smelled nice. Were you wearing a Patrick Mahomes T-Shirt?
[Reply]
lewdog 09:04 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

There’s a misconception that masks are 100% preventative by many. We know they are not. They must be paired with social distancing to make them extremely effective. Your scenario is very common sadly. People won’t take 5 minutes to educate themselves about COVID precautions.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:19 AM 08-04-2020
6 hours later.....okay
WTF does that have to do with anything?

the numbers are updated later in the day lately...
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:21 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Suicides and deaths by domestic violence are two major ones not being discussed here, but discussed widely on social media as being heavily impacted by the lockdowns.
got some numbers on those suicides?

i keep hearing talk of all those extra people offing themselves but no one will ever put a number to it.

how about the domestic violence murders? numbers?
[Reply]
Page 2772 of 3903
« First < 1772227226722722276227682769277027712772 277327742775277627822822287232723772 > Last »
Up