ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>No fans in seats for 2020 LV
Eureka 12:37 PM 08-03-2020
Just received the email. Seems this will most likely happen at every venue. Hope this whole pandemic will subside and everyone can stay healthy in the mean time.

“There is nothing more important to the Raider Organization than the health and safety of our players, coaches, staff, stadium workers, and fans. After intensive consultation with healthcare officials and state and community leaders, We Have Made The Difficult Decision To Play The Las Vegas Raiders 2020 Inaugural Season At Allegiant Stadium Without Fans In Attendance. This decision is based on our commitment to protect the health of our fans and the entire community in response to the coronavirus pandemic affecting us all.”
[Reply]
sedated 05:30 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
yeah, I watched some of it. Like baseball, they are not overdoing it. More ambient and then increase in crucial moments.
When I watched the MLS games, there was a huge difference between Fox (had crowd noise) and ESPN (didn't do crowd noise). Fox seemed normal, ESPN was just weird. ESPN was honestly tougher to watch, it really did seem like a scrimmage. Part of that was hearing the players yell at each other.

Plus ESPN had to do something to the sound when a player or coach cussed, it sounded like when your head went under water and everything was muffled.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:49 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
If the Raiders suck and no one is around to see it, did they really suck?
The answer to this question is always yes. It's the easiest one on the test.:-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:51 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by FD:
I think even in the best case scenario for the upcoming season there will be no fans in attendance.
I think most teams will get to partial attendance as the season progresses.

Most stadiums are big outdoor spaces where you can properly social distance a reduced attendance and teams have already been working on plans for fans entering/exiting the stadium to comply with social distancing.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:55 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
I think most teams will get to partial attendance as the season progresses.

Most stadiums are big outdoor spaces where you can properly social distance a reduced attendance and teams have already been working on plans for fans entering/exiting the stadium to comply with social distancing.
Seems like the tricky part is concessions and the bathrooms. But say you have 20k at Arrowhead. They would probably tell people to start arriving to the stadium earlier (not the tailgate...which now that I think of it will probably cause some issues too) in order to get to their seats and take their time with all the social distancing. It can be done...but what a pain in the ass it will be...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:08 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
I'm not sure that's true in all cases. I could be wrong, but I heard one of the reasons MLB added crowd noise (in the stadium, not only on the broadcast) was because hitters could hear the catcher moving around and know if he was setting up on the inside or outside the plate.
Exactly. MLB has the same sound on the broadcast and in the stadium. I think in the exhibition games they didn't and the players noticed right away the catcher was giving away the location with their cleats.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:09 PM 08-03-2020
What they should do is have a vote online and the percentage of votes for your team is what the volume will be for our team. Like 80 for the chiefs mean it will ben80 crowd noise on D and 80 on TDs 20 loud for the opponent. Something to get the fans apart of the game
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:13 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
When I watched the MLS games, there was a huge difference between Fox (had crowd noise) and ESPN (didn't do crowd noise). Fox seemed normal, ESPN was just weird. ESPN was honestly tougher to watch, it really did seem like a scrimmage. Part of that was hearing the players yell at each other.

Plus ESPN had to do something to the sound when a player or coach cussed, it sounded like when your head went under water and everything was muffled.
I haven't watched any MLS games.

But, the premiere games broadcast that I watched on FSN or some other cable channel feed had pipped in sound. No idea if it was in the stadium too.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:17 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
What they should do is have a vote online and the percentage of votes for your team is what the volume will be for our team. Like 80 for the chiefs mean it will ben80 crowd noise on D and 80 on TDs 20 loud for the opponent. Something to get the fans apart of the game
If you are watching the game live through the MLB app, they have buttons you can choose to cheer or boo in the app. Supposedly it influences the crowd noise thats broadcast in the stadium and whats going out on TV..

I could see something like that being fair.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up