ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Star Trek: Lower Decks
Mephistopheles Janx 09:48 PM 07-27-2020
This feels like it may be more STTNG with a splash of Orville... but animated. I will definitely be giving this a look.

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:29 PM 09-01-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
It is clear to me, especially after the most recent episode, that the writers of the show understand and love Star Trek. They seemingly mocked my own concerns, and a lot of other people I assume, when they made it seem like all the officers were going to get pissed at Rutherford for changing his mind over and over. Instead, they kept it Trek and everyone was super supportive of his choice to find his place on the ship.
100% agreed. I had grave concerns that this was gonna be Rick and Morty in space, or some bastardization of STTNG... but instead it has been real Trek.

I suspect that we will, soon, be hearing voice acting work from Patrick Steward and several other legacy characters. Bonus... this might be an avenue for Brent Spiner to play B4/Data again (assuming they follow Canon set by the Countdown graphic novel).

Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I might check it out. I love Star Trek and I love good funny cartoons as well.
You should absolutely check it out. It is extremely well made and scratches that STTNG itch in a way that Voyager couldn't even remotely begin to.

Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Yeah, it's been way, way better than I expected, especially after the abortion that was Picard.
There are 4 of us watching it now!!!!
[Reply]
Bowser 02:26 PM 09-06-2020
Got caught up on this. It's not amazing, but it's not garbage, either. Entertaining enough to keep me coming back. I did chuckle at the line about how the Enterprise seemingly has something new going on each week, though. Nice touch.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:55 PM 09-09-2020
The first actor from STTNG is set to reprise their role on LD.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...john-de-lancie
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:44 PM 10-09-2020
That finale was pretty fucking good.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up