ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Media Center>Which streaming services or apps do you subscribe to?
Deberg_1990 03:25 PM 05-02-2020
Its getting hard to keep up now....

Peacock and HBOMax soon!

Netflix
HBO Go
Hulu
Amazon Prime
Disney+
CBS All Access
Sling TV
Fubo TV
Crackle
Pluto TV
Quibi

and about a million more.....
[Reply]
KC_Lee 11:39 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I like it more than most. But I don’t pay extra for it as it’s included in my AT&T streaming package. Plus, I haven’t had HBO in a long time so I’m getting caught up on stuff I missed.
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I guess it would be worth it if you wanted to binge watch their old series or really want to watch their current stuff. I think the movies that they show same day are somewhat limited so I am not sure it justifies the monthly cost. Bit again for some it's not bad, I just won't spend that much a month. I can have Disney+ and Netflix (which TMobile) mostly pays for for less than HBO Max.
Thanks for the feedback. Not really a binge watcher and really wanted it for the same day releases, i.e. Godzilla vs. Kong. Given the monthly cost I'll pass for now.

Again, thanks.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:40 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Some comments about HBO Max are that it's not worth it. Is this still case even with some movies getting release to HBO Max the same day as theaters?

I was thinking about subscribing but sounds like the content is limited.
In my opinion, the only reason to subscribe to HBO Max is for their Original Content, whether that's HBO, Cinemax, DC, Looney Toons or Cartoon Network. I've seen pretty much every movie they're offering and unlike Disney+, which has pulled as much content as possible from other networks, there's very little Exclusivity with HBO Max, meaning you can find many of their monthly movie offerings eslewhere.

That will change in years to come because Original Content owners are either prematurely ending or waiting for their outside agreements to end so that people will only be able to find their TV series and feature films in one specific service.

As for their simultaneous release to theaters and HBO Max, Wonder Woman 1984 was awful, Tom & Jerry was worse and due to all of the negative reviews, I haven't even bothered to watch the latest Denzel film, which sucks because he's one of my favorite actors.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 11:46 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
In my opinion, the only reason to subscribe to HBO Max is for their Original Content, whether that's HBO, Cinemax, DC, Looney Toons or Cartoon Network. I've seen pretty much every movie they're offering and unlike Disney+, which has pulled as much content as possible from other networks, there's very little Exclusivity with HBO Max, meaning you can find many of their monthly movie offerings eslewhere.

That will change in years to come because Original Content owners are either prematurely ending or waiting for their outside agreements to end so that people will only be able to find their TV series and feature films in one specific service.

As for their simultaneous release to theaters and HBO Max, Wonder Woman 1984 was awful, Tom & Jerry was worse and due to all of the negative reviews, I haven't even bothered to watch the latest Denzel film, which sucks because he's one of my favorite actors.
Yeah that's why I was asking and it sounds like it does not offer much extra outside of HBO's original programing which I really don't care about.

Anyone foresee a streaming "bubble" bursting with so many companies consolidating their content into separate streaming services? Cord cutting was worth it back in the day but now with so many streaming services it is becoming a cost / spending issue.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03-04-2021, 11:48 AM
This message has been deleted by DaneMcCloud.
DaneMcCloud 12:06 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Anyone foresee a streaming "bubble" bursting with so many companies consolidating their content into separate streaming services? Cord cutting was worth it back in the day but now with so many streaming services it is becoming a cost / spending issue.
No, because it's far too lucrative, especially if they're offering desirable IP.

Content lives forever, so why license it out to TBS or TNT or the local independent or affiliate for pennies on the dollar?

Even TNT, TBS and TruTV, which are subsidiaries of WarnerMedia, have begun creating their own content, most of which is Unscripted, but original content, nonetheless.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:23 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I haven't even bothered to watch the latest Denzel film, which sucks because he's one of my favorite actors.
I liked it all the way until the last 30 minutes. Then it started having smart characters do stupid things. And of course an ambiguous ending. Frustrating.

I do like the ‘day and date’ theater/streaming drops.

Although the movies have mostly sucked to this date.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:37 PM 03-04-2021
I do like the ‘day and date’ theater/streaming drops.

Although the movies have mostly sucked to this date.
Considering the movies have been less than impressive, while only adding about 9 million subscribers to HBO Max since their deals with Roku and Amazon went into effect (the majority of whom already were already paying for HBO), I'll be surprised if they continue this model because it's clearly not pulling in customers as they hoped.

Then again, it is AT&T, so I guess I should expect them to make the worst decision possible moving forward.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:41 PM 03-04-2021
HBO Max has some great stuff, IMO. Game of Thrones, Sopranos and The Wire are some of my favorite shows of all time. I haven't finished either but I'm very interested in Deadwood and Rome as well.

They've got the Alien flicks, recently had the Leprechauns (fucking love those movies!), and just added Batman: The Animated Series. They'll be releasing Godzilla vs Kong, Mortal Kombat, a new Conjuring movie and a few others that look decent later on this year.

I will say the app is absolute shit, though. It's slow as hell and not very responsive.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 02:47 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
HBO Max has some great stuff, IMO. Game of Thrones, Sopranos and The Wire are some of my favorite shows of all time. I haven't finished either but I'm very interested in Deadwood and Rome as well.

They've got the Alien flicks, recently had the Leprechauns (****ing love those movies!), and just added Batman: The Animated Series. They'll be releasing Godzilla vs Kong, Mortal Kombat, a new Conjuring movie and a few others that look decent later on this year.

I will say the app is absolute shit, though. It's slow as hell and not very responsive.
Those are the only reasons I would get HBO Max but hoping theaters might be open, even at reduced capacity, to see these flix.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:05 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They've got the Alien flicks, .
This brings up a question. Maybe Dane will know?

What’s Disney going to do with FOXs back catalog of adult titles like this?

Just continue to license them out to other services?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:09 PM 03-04-2021
This brings up a question. Maybe Dane will know?

What’s Disney going to do with FOXs back catalog of adult titles like this?

Just continue to license them out to other services?
Disney launched Star+ earlier this year in territories x-US for more adult themed Fox movies and TV series but there's still trying to figure out what that looks like domestically.

Last I heard, Disney was considering using Hulu for the 20th Century Fox catalog but no decision has been made at this point in time.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up