ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 35
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Berry Thread
dlphg9 10:42 PM 12-13-2018
Seriously fuck him. He can't play when it really matters? Can't come in for the last drive of the game, because he tore his pussy? What was the point in him playing at all? He didn't look tired and didn't look hurt, so why couldn't he play for 10 more plays? He could have probably helped a lot on that final drive. Worthless fuck
[Reply]
burt 11:29 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Eric Berry still a free agent. Kind of surprised that no team has signed him. Is he that broken now? Does he even want to play football anymore?
He was that broken last year.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 11:32 AM 09-30-2019
His spirit is still broke
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:34 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Eric Berry still a free agent. Kind of surprised that no team has signed him. Is he that broken now? Does he even want to play football anymore?

Holy shit yes he's still that broken.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:44 AM 09-30-2019
Is he even trying to get signed?
[Reply]
lcarus 11:45 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The fact that no one has even bothered to take a flyer on him tells you all you need to know.
I guess it does. Still...kinda weird. I mean Orlando Scandrick got signed....
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:15 PM 09-30-2019
There's really not much news on Eric Berry. Clear back in March of 2019 Berry talked with John Dorsey of the Browns and with the Dallas Cowboys but obviously nothing came from that.

You would think that an NFL team needing a safety might have signed him by now if he was healthy.

Maybe Eric comes back with the Chiefs, signs a 1 day contract and retires as a Chief?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:19 PM 09-30-2019
Can you really blame Eric Berry for wanting to use his own doctors?

Kevin Durant was rushed back by medical staff and the result was a torn Achilles. Bradley Chubb was apparently sent back on the field yesterday with a known knee issue and it resulted in an ACL.

Eric Berry is done playing football. His body is done, but I understand athletes being put in his situation wanting to get their own medical opinion over team dr’s putting pressure on players to rush rehab.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:28 PM 09-30-2019
Saw this from the Atlanta Falcons (https://www.atlantafalcons.com), but thought it was good.

Originally Posted by :
Moe from Atlanta, GA
Why don’t the Falcons just sign Eric Berry? You said there is no one out here worth signing but Eric Berry is a free Agent and he still is a top safety?

Matt: Let’s all pause for a minute and take a look at some facts. Eric Berry was once a very good safety in this league and his personal story of overcoming cancer is an incredible one. Since playing all 16 games back in 2016, Berry has only played one game in 2017 and two games in 2018. The Chiefs eventually cut ties and released the 30-year-old Berry and he’s been a free agent since. I’m sure the Falcons have considered the idea of at least looking at him, especially when they lost both starting safeties last season. But there’s so much more to consider, Moe. Is Berry a good fit for this defense? Has he lost a step? Does he still want to play? What are his salary demands? Is he truly healthy? Are there better options out there? Do the Falcons like some of their younger players? The Falcons ended up making several moves the other day, and none obviously involved Berry. I just don’t see it happening, Moe.

[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:44 PM 09-30-2019
I must say, it's pretty telling that Orlando Scandrick was able to land a contract before EB.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:56 PM 09-30-2019
In watching the Chiefs defense this year I have thought it would be nice to have a safety that could get into position, tackle, and stop runs.

Looking at https://www.pro-football-reference.c...9_advanced.htm, It shows
Daniel Sorensen - 4 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 46 defensive snap counts
Tyrann Mathieu - 15 tackles, 3 missed tackles, 201 defensive snap counts
Juan Thornhill - 15 tackles, 3 missed tackles, 199 defensive snap counts
Jordan Lucas - 3 defensive snap counts
[Reply]
sedated 01:11 PM 09-30-2019
Why does anyone think he still wants to play? After cancer and treatment, going through a year of Achilles rehab, and have another heel issue pop up, my fat ass would be on the couch too.

He's sat and watched John Wall and Kevin Durant tear their Achilles after heel/calf issues, and Andrew Luck straight up retired when he was having issues around that area.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:09 PM 01-25-2020
Looks like he took a sabbatical aka his body needed extra time to heal so he can try to come back

From @gmfb: Former #Chiefs S Eric Berry‘s absence from the #NFL this past season was intentional. He plans to return in 2020. pic.twitter.com/Xd32c8p7fJ

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 25, 2020

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:10 PM 01-25-2020
Sign him for depth or do we re sign Fuller?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:12 PM 01-25-2020
Not buying it. He took a couple physicals with other teams, Cowboys and Browns if I'm remembering right. Nobody wants him because he won't get the surgery to fix that Haglunds and wants to stand on the sideline all season with "pain management". Dude was the worst player on the worst secondary even when he did actually play last year, anyway.
[Reply]
TEX 01:14 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Sign him for depth or do we re sign Fuller?
I hope the Chiefs want N-O-T-H-I-N-G to do with Eric Berry on the field.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 35
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up