ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 223 of 319
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:53 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Chiefs are firmly in a SB window for 10 years. They still need to look longterm at this thing though.

If it took this year and next years 1 and a 3 to get to 10 to take Slater, yeah, I'd do it.

The 31st pick, the 30th pick and an end of the 3rd pick is whatever for a LT.
They're in a Super Bowl window for 10 years. There's no reason to trade away that future for a LT in 2021.

You're contradicting yourself here man.

On the one hand, you want a 1st round pick to start day 1 next year. But then you say it's about the next 10 years.

Which is it?
[Reply]
Pants 11:53 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Reiff-Thuney-Allegretti-LDT-Niang/Remmers

is equal or better at every spot than
Fisher-Allegretti-Reiter-Wylie-Remmers, which is what KC rolled with for most of this season. I would argue it's much improved at all 3 of the interior spots, basically the same at LT, and has upside to be MUCH better at RT (If Niange is as good as we think/the team thinks he is).

IF it's Reiff AND Rodney Hudson or David Andrews, it's MUCH improved at 2 of those spots from last season, Day 1.

I'd pair it with drafting Little or Hudson or Ealy (even if a small move-up is required). That player would be the swing tackle this year and start competing to start in 2022.

Oh, same. For sure.
I don't like where your college loyalties lie but, man, your posts are in the 99th percentile in quality.
[Reply]
O.city 11:53 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There are teams that think Slater lacks the length to even play LT in this league.

No way.
I was just using him as an example. Whoever they like at LT. If they think he's a franchise LT and gets to 10 or so, yeah trade up there for him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:54 AM 03-17-2021
Giving up a couple ones that will be at the end of the first round and a 3 isn't 2 drafts worth of picks.
Giving up 2 first round picks is the best part of 2 drafts. Yes it is.
[Reply]
O.city 11:54 AM 03-17-2021
They're in a Super Bowl window for 10 years. There's no reason to trade away that future for a LT in 2021.

You're contradicting yourself here man.

On the one hand, you want a 1st round pick to start day 1 next year. But then you say it's about the next 10 years.

Which is it?
I'm not taking a developmental LT in the 2nd and sitting him. Odds are he's not gonna turn into the guy at LT.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:55 AM 03-17-2021
I was just using him as an example. Whoever they like at LT. If they think he's a franchise LT and gets to 10 or so, yeah trade up there for him.
Sorry man. I think you've lost your mind over this.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 11:55 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
not really. It's a more or less lateral move that is an improvement because Reiff can actually play on day one. Fisher, probably not.

You're taking a chance the rookie develops and can take that spot next year, but that's literally true of any position. And if he can't, you roll with Reiff again and maybe keep trying to develop his replacement.

It's not contingent on the rookie, the rookie is the possible pay-off.

If Fisher were 100% healthy, none of this is happening. A lateral move is not a bad thing here.
A 2 year stop gap is a band aid approach and relying on the 5th or 6th best prospect at their position, in the same draft doesn’t exactly equate to a sure fire prospect or a long term solution. It also pigeon holes us into taking a taking an OT early, instead of best available player. I get where you’re coming from, my point is, we had a sure thing at the position and could have possibly upgraded, now we don’t.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:56 AM 03-17-2021
I'm not taking a developmental LT in the 2nd and sitting him. Odds are he's not gonna turn into the guy at LT.
Odds are, the tackle that you trade up for in the 1st round isn't going to turn into that guy either.

Do you know what the bust rate is for top 15 LT picks?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:56 AM 03-17-2021
There are teams that think Slater lacks the length to even play LT in this league.

No way.
Everything you said the Chiefs wouldn't do at OL this off season has happened so far. Welcome to the Chiefs, Slater.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:57 AM 03-17-2021
The Chiefs are firmly in a SB window for 10 years. They still need to look longterm at this thing though.

If it took this year and next years 1 and a 3 to get to 10 to take Slater, yeah, I'd do it.

The 31st pick, the 30th pick and an end of the 3rd pick is whatever for a LT.
I seriously doubt that would get it done.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:57 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Everything you said the Chiefs wouldn't do at OL this off season has happened so far. Welcome to the Chiefs, Slater.
Can't be right 100% of the time.
[Reply]
O.city 11:58 AM 03-17-2021
Odds are, the tackle that you trade up for in the 1st round isn't going to turn into that guy either.

Do you know what the bust rate is for top 15 LT picks?
My odds are better taking one there he works out than anywhere else. I'll take my chances.
[Reply]
O.city 11:59 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I seriously doubt that would get it done.
What did it cost for the Chiefs to go from 27 to 10 for Mahomes, 2 1's and a 3?
[Reply]
In58men 12:00 PM 03-17-2021
Who are we wanting to trade up for?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:00 PM 03-17-2021
It really doesn't matter.

There is a ZERO percent chance Andy Reid is going to roll with two rookie OT's in 2021.

ZERO.

I don't care if they give up the next two years entire drafts for Jesus H. Christ himself, it ain't happenin'.

We're not rolling with two rookie OT's. It's not happening.
[Reply]
Page 223 of 319
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273 > Last »
Up