ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 33
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins sounds like he [might] play.
ShowtimeSBMVP 04:14 AM 01-24-2021

Chiefs likely will have running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire but be without Le'Veon Bell for today’s AFC Championship Game against the Buffalo Bills, per source.

Additionally, the Chiefs will test WR Sammy Watkins pregame, but don’t sound optimistic he will play today.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 24, 2021

[Reply]
jettio 01:57 PM 01-27-2021
People that piss and moan about how much Watkins has been paid considering his injury history ought to take a Microeconomics 101 class and pay attention to the discussion of opportunity cost.

It does not seem as if the Chiefs failed to get needed personnel because of paying Watkins, what player were the Chiefs trying to get or position group were they trying to fill that became a weakness because of Watkin's salary?

When imagining yourself to be a GM do not forget that it is not your money.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:08 PM 01-27-2021
No one can argue that he wasn't a "big game" WR when healthy...the dude showed up when it mattered most. Frank Clark seems to be like that too...

If you are going to shell out big money...it's a nice return when those players actually produce in the biggest moments.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 02:26 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
As stated earlier, Watkins was brought in to take us over the top and that he did. He's not only a good receiver, but he is a good blocker. However, you have to be on the field to contribute and he just isn't there enough. As much as he's been a good teammate over his time here, it's time to move on.
like the last few games, Chiefs didn't him.
I don't think he is needed any longer
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 02:27 PM 01-27-2021
Gonna be pretty rich around here when the Chiefs grab OBJ in the offseason and also resign Sammy to an extremely team friendly deal. Watch then both play a full 16 game season and the Chiefs just roll to a 3-peat ; )
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:47 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
like the last few games, Chiefs didn't him.
I don't think he is needed any longer
Thing is, when Sammy is on the field, the Defense HAS TO pay attention to him, even if we aren't going to him. He's a big play guy. IMO, we are a more dangerous team when he's in the lineup.
[Reply]
Jerok 02:50 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Gonna be pretty rich around here when the Chiefs grab OBJ in the offseason and also resign Sammy to an extremely team friendly deal. Watch then both play a full 16 game season and the Chiefs just roll to a 3-peat ; )
And then draft a WR in round 1 and just go with 4 OL and let Mahomes run back 20 yards every play
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:52 PM 01-27-2021
:-)
[Reply]
oldman 05:10 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Renegade:
Lets say he goes 75-90 yards with 4-5 catches for first downs and 2 TD's in SB. Does your opinion of him change?
Let's say he's going to play first. But bottom line, no. I can't justify his salary for 75-90 yards, 4-5 1sts, and 2 TDs (matching his season total) once a year.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:14 PM 01-27-2021
Just sign him to a one month contract each season & unleash him in the playoffs.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:34 PM 01-27-2021
Hard no for OBJ
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:40 PM 01-27-2021
wut
[Reply]
morphius 05:53 PM 01-27-2021
It really isn't how much he has made here, it is really just about being able to be on the field. This year he couldn't even get on the field for the playoffs. Maybe for league minimum we keep him around, since he said he didn't care about the money anymore. But I'd rather replace him.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 06:01 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Hard no for OBJ
I would rather use a 1st or 2nd on OBJ, a proven commodity than perhaps end up with a dud. Tons of 1st and 2nd round dud WRs over the years.
[Reply]
notorious 01-27-2021, 06:04 PM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
notorious 01-27-2021, 06:04 PM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
FloridaMan88 07:03 PM 01-27-2021
Does that vision also include Sanders Commings emerging from his full body cast to win Super Bowl MVP?
[Reply]
TheMartyr 07:49 PM 01-27-2021
The Chiefs won a Super Bowl in my lifetime and Sammy was a big reason why. The Chiefs made another Super Bowl in my lifetime and Sammy only had a minor role. I don’t care how much people are paid anymore. Being worried about what players cost is what loser franchises do when they don’t make Super Bowls and wonder if things would have gone differently if they paid someone else the money.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 33
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up