ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3532 of 3903
« First < 2532303234323482352235283529353035313532 3533353435353536354235823632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Kiimo 02:21 PM 06-28-2021
I'll feel better when your stupid disinformation-spewing garbage is banned from the thread.

I mean just lol at saying "you know your own body" as an excuse for not taking the vaccine. GTFO with that meathead logic
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:22 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Saying you know your own body better than actual doctors and scientists is some first-tier crystals and sage bullshit.

Give me a break you morons are unbelievable.
Pretty sure I know that I am in great shape, exercise regularly, like almost obsessively, eat pretty well and in no way am in a high risk category. I know my body better than any random doctor or message board poster for that matter.

I'm pretty sure that's along the lines of what he meant.
[Reply]
Otter 02:25 PM 06-28-2021
I'll feel better when your stupid disinformation-spewing garbage is banned from the thread.

I mean just lol at saying "you know your own body" as an excuse for not taking the vaccine. GTFO with that meathead logic
Never touched meth in my life.

Are you feeling better about your self-proclaimed intellect and foresight yet?

Dumbass
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:33 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Never touched meth in my life.

Are you feeling better about your self-proclaimed intellect and foresight yet?

Dumbass

MEAT

HEAD

Not methhead, although maybe you doth protest too much
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:34 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Pretty sure I know that I am in great shape, exercise regularly, like almost obsessively, eat pretty well and in no way am in a high risk category. I know my body better than any random doctor or message board poster for that matter.

I'm pretty sure that's along the lines of what he meant.

:-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:42 PM 06-28-2021
I'm likely going to pause leisure air travel until they lift the mask requirements. Once we went to no mask locally, it sucks wearing it half to a full day again to travel. From the parking/rental shuttles, inside the airport, then the flight time, I'm already over it.

I haven't paid a ton of attention but hopefully we can get to a point soon where those requirements are lifted.
[Reply]
wazu 02:54 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'm likely going to pause leisure air travel until they lift the mask requirements. Once we went to no mask locally, it sucks wearing it half to a full day again to travel. From the parking/rental shuttles, inside the airport, then the flight time, I'm already over it.

I haven't paid a ton of attention but hopefully we can get to a point soon where those requirements are lifted.
Early on I was looking for the lightest-weight, thinnest mask possible and found this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/8510556...for-all-season I was able to do Crossfit wearing this thing and not even notice it. It's like a mask cheat code.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:55 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Nature finds a way.

:-)

An outbreak of common colds at an Antarctic base after seventeen weeks of complete isolation
T. R. Allen, A. F. Bradburne, E. J. Stott, C. S. Goodwin, and D. A. J. Tyrrell

INTRODUCTION
It has commonly been believed that on small Antarctic bases, isolated for many
months, upper respiratory infections die out during the first few weeks of isolation
and that the men are virtually symptom-free for the rest of the isolation period.
With the arrival of the relief ship or aircraft, outbreaks of respiratory disease have
been noted to occur (Taylor, 1960; Siple, 1960; Hedblom, 1961; Cameron & Moore,
1968; Holmes, Allen, Bradburne & Stott, 1971). This has tended to follow the
pattern seen in other isolated communities (Paul & Freese, 1933; Shibli, Gooch,
Lewis & Tyrrell, 1971).
Several studies of upper respiratory disease in men at isolated Antarctic
stations have been undertaken. Sera obtained from the McMurdo Sound wintering
party of 1958 were tested for the presence of antibodies to a number of respiratory
viruses, but not including rhinoviruses, and showed no evidence of infection with
any of the viral antigens tested (Chanock, R. M., quoted by Cameron & Moore,
1968). A systematic study of monthly serum specimens collected from the members of the South African National Antarctic Expeditions in 1961-62 showed no
evidence of new virus infection (J. H. S. Gear, quoted by Cameron & Moore,
1968). In their 1968 study of the epidemiology of respiratory infections at Mawson,
an Australian Antarctic Research Expedition station, Cameron & Moore (1968)
made observations on infective diseases during the period of isolation, and found
no diagnostic rises in antibody titre against influenza viruses A and B, mumps,
adenovirus, herpes simplex and ornithosis. All attempts at virus isolation from
throat, nose and faeces swabs were unsuccessful. * The apparent absence of respiratory infections for long periods during isolation
in Antarctica has provided opportunity for basic epidemiological study, and
T. R. ALLEN AND OTHERS
experimental inoculation of volunteers using easily traced viruses was started in
1968 with interesting results (Holmes et al. 1971). Further study along these lines
was contemplated for the winter of 1969 at Adelaide Island Base, one of the
British Antarctic Survey stations. During the preliminary observation period,
after 17 weeks of isolation, upper respiratory symptoms occurred in one man and
then spread to half the Base complement over the next week in the manner of an
infectious disease. No virus had been artificially introduced at this time, and the
outbreak was unexpected.
Clinical records were kept, samples of serum and nasal
washings were taken for analysis in the United Kingdom, and possible enviionmental factors were noted.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...00082-0026.pdf

I bet some seventh-day adventists knocked on their door or something.

But that is indeed curious. I wonder if the virus was on a frozen food or something that got defrosted.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:55 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

There is a local KC Board Game convention that I won't be attending because their website still indicates masks are required. Nope. I'm not wearing this thing to any leisure activities.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:14 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I bet some seventh-day adventists knocked on their door or something.

But that is indeed curious. I wonder if the virus was on a frozen food or something that got defrosted.
Yeah, it is very odd. One theory I saw people talking about was virus "activation" but I have no idea what that entails.
[Reply]
Otter 03:25 PM 06-28-2021
MEAT

HEAD

Not methhead, although maybe you doth protest too much
Sorry, meth and Missouri kind of go together.

It's OK to be dumb Chemo.
[Reply]
Strongside 03:56 PM 06-28-2021
Took 5 flights last week to and from Mexico. Every single one completely full. Airports beyond packed.

Mexico is still full on mask mandate.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:07 PM 06-28-2021
So Missouri is leading the nation in new Covid positives. They are mostly from rural areas and have not been vaccinated. God job idiots.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:18 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
So Missouri is leading the nation in new Covid positives. They are mostly from rural areas and have not been vaccinated. God job idiots.

[Reply]
stevieray 05:45 PM 06-28-2021
Saying you know your own body better than actual doctors and scientists is some first-tier crystals and sage bullshit.

Give me a break you morons are unbelievable.
How many people die every year from being misdiagnosed? Problems w/ wrong meds, etc?

IIRC, it's a pretty big problem.

Point is, it's not up to you to decide for others.

You'll be ok.
[Reply]
Page 3532 of 3903
« First < 2532303234323482352235283529353035313532 3533353435353536354235823632 > Last »
Up