ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 251
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***OFFICIAL Kansas City Royals Vs. Oakland A's Post Season Wild Card Thread 9/30***
gblowfish 11:01 PM 09-29-2014
Let me start by saying,
I ****ING hate Oakland.
I despise ALL THINGS OAKLAND.
I especially despise the Oakland Raiders, Oakland Fans, and today I especially despise their weak ass, carpetbagging "Oakland "A's" baseball team.
Why?
Glad you asked.
I'll tell you why:
Because I'm old enough to remember what happened here, and what has been stolen from us as a city.

Let me tell you a story from a long time ago:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 08:09 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by KCCHIEFS27:
Yost has to go. I don't care if we come back to win this game. That was absolutely asinine. A YOUNG starter, inherits two runners with hitters coming up that are waiting for, and tee off, on fastballs. What in the world do you think those guys will be looking for? How often has Ventura come out with a sharp curve or slider to start the game? He doesn't. The guy comes out throwing fastballs. It's not hard to gameplan for him. Thanks Yost. The fans come out and support this team like no other for this game and you rip their hearts out with stupidity.
As fucked as it is, Ned isn't going anywhere. He's the first skipper in 29 years to get this team to the playoffs... :-)
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 08:09 PM 09-30-2014
I don't care about AL baseball but there's too many bandwagon A's fans talking shit with brand new gear on. Let's go Royals!
[Reply]
-King- 08:09 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
Have to hope he has more testicular fortitude, but this is rough.

When Shields was pulled initially, I honestly didn't think it was for Ventura. Liked the move to go get the starter, though.

Wouldn't have bitched about Ventura before the fact, though. Interesting that this was the decision instead of stretching one of the big 3.
Maybe he remembers that the last time he tried to stretch Herrera and Wade, they both gave up runs.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:09 PM 09-30-2014
I just pray our bats don't go cold from depression...
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:09 PM 09-30-2014
kid in a red sweatshirt with a football on it.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:09 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Yost should be fired tomorrow after shit with Billy and now Ventura as a reliever.
But he won't. The only bigger idiot than our manager is our GM
[Reply]
petegz28 08:09 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Yost should be fired tomorrow after shit with Billy and now Ventura as a reliever.
Agreed.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:09 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Probably true. I was glad he was pulled but you definitely could argue Ventura wasn't the reliever to put in. Probably should have been Herrera.
Disagree. Shields should have stayed in.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:09 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by memyselfI:
Yup.
Get the fuck out of here you worthless sack of shit. You're the worst poster on the board.
[Reply]
TLO 08:09 PM 09-30-2014
Don't give up any more than 1 more and we're still right here in this.

THERE WE GO!
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:10 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by KevB:
But Hamas, don't you understand that Herrera is "the 7th inning guy". Fucking stupid.
I've seen enough Mathenaging to empathize. To be honest, if you were merely playing the percentages, Holland would be the guy to use there because the leverage is so high. However, Wade Davis has gone more than three outs several times, which means he and Herrera could take the next three. Also, you could bifurcate them with a LOOGY if need be.

Yost is just a motherfucker who thinks he's playing chess when he couldn't beat a three year old at checkers.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:10 PM 09-30-2014
I haven't felt like this since January.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:10 PM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
Have to hope he has more testicular fortitude, but this is rough.

When Shields was pulled initially, I honestly didn't think it was for Ventura. Liked the move to go get the starter, though.

Wouldn't have bitched about Ventura before the fact, though. Interesting that this was the decision instead of stretching one of the big 3.
Fail as big as that on this big a stage and handies under the Tri-Burough for $5 a man can't be more than 5 years off.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:10 PM 09-30-2014
One more, no runs. Come on!
[Reply]
tk13 08:10 PM 09-30-2014
Yeah, I didn't have a problem with it. That's baseball. You make decisions, you live with them... they don't always work out. You can't bang on Yost all year for being too conventional and then bash that move. You can't.

It's the same thing as when he finally brought in Herrera and Davis early, and both of their scoreless streaks ended that night. Yost is going to be murdered for that move, but it's not like he went to Crow.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 251
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Up