ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Can we go ahead and lock in the top 3 picks?
staylor26 04:27 PM 11-23-2020
I know it seems very early to be saying this, but I think you can just go ahead and lock in the top 3 teams and their picks. It seems very obvious at this point.

1. New York Jets- Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

The Jets have now blown their 2 best opportunities to win a game. I think they finish 0-16 barring a miracle. I know people think Lawrence might pull an Elway/Eli, but they said the same thing about Burrow last year. The Jets will get a new HC (possibly EB) and they’ll end up with Lawrence at the end of the day.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars- Justin Fields, QB, Ohio St.

The Jags can afford to lose a game and still hold the #2 pick. Like the Jets, I don’t think they even win another game. QB is also the obvious pick for this team and I actually think they’re the most likely destination for EB because they already have weapons on offense and key pieces on D.

3. Cincinnati Bengals- Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

The Bengals are absolutely fucked for the rest of the season. I also don’t really see them winning another game, but unlike the Jags and Jets there are a couple winnable games left on their schedule. They just have the feel of a team that lost all hope the second their QB and leader went down yesterday. If they end up with the #3 pick like I expect, this is a no-brainer. Sewell is arguably the best player in the draft and there’s no way they pass on him after what just happened to Burrow in a game where their OL was getting destroyed.
[Reply]
Molitoth 04:30 PM 11-23-2020
Those poor 3 players, going to career killing franchises.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:31 PM 11-23-2020
The Samoan Penei
[Reply]
tredadda 04:31 PM 11-23-2020
The difference between Burrow and Lawrence is the Burrow went back home to Ohio. Not saying Lawrence will pull an Eli, but he has no attachments to the Jets or New York overall.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:36 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
The difference between Burrow and Lawrence is the Burrow went back home to Ohio. Not saying Lawrence will pull an Eli, but he has no attachments to the Jets or New York overall.
It’s not about the difference between Burrow and Lawrence. It’s the difference between Lawrence and Eli/Elway, the only two guys to ever pull that shit. He doesn’t have the threat of playing baseball, and he’s not a member of the royal family. Based on history alone, it’s very unlikely that Lawrence would do this and he would probably get destroyed by the media and fans if he did.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:40 PM 11-23-2020
Something about Lawrence bothers me. His team is talented he hasn't had to show any grit. Back to wall playmaker grit.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:43 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
The Samoan Penei
He who swings the carameliest penei in the league!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:43 PM 11-23-2020
Man, I really like Justin fields and it'd be a shame to see him go to Jacksonville. However if they FINALLY shitcan Marrone they might actually be OK.

Trevor Lawrence is a sure thing prospect. It sucks to stick him in New York. But I don't think the situation is as bad as it sounds. Woody Johnson is a problem, but Joe Douglass is pretty solid. He didn't hire Gase and my sense is that he's committed to tanking for Lawrence.

And what coach wouldn't want to coach fields or Lawrence. Both of these teams might actually be solid if they shitcan the coach
[Reply]
staylor26 04:47 PM 11-23-2020
One thing the Jets have going for them is they already have a legitimate franchise LT on a rookie deal. Mims, their rookie WR, has also flashed in recent weeks.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:01 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Think about that and then the kid in Cincy.

Crap team. Then hurt and out for 9 months.
[Reply]
Otter 05:06 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Do you recall Herman Edwards, Scott Pioli & Mark Castle? Things change.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:12 PM 11-23-2020
If I'm Lawrence, I pull an Elway/Manning and refuse to go to NY unless two conditions are met... those conditions being a new GM and HC with positive track records

Anything less than that and I go back to school
[Reply]
Mecca 05:13 PM 11-23-2020
I don't see it with Fields.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:14 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Something about Lawrence bothers me. His team is talented he hasn't had to show any grit. Back to wall playmaker grit.
Go watch their playoff game against Ohio State.
[Reply]
2112 05:16 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

Trevor Lawrence is a sure thing prospect. It sucks to stick him in New York. But I don't think the situation is as bad as it sounds. Woody Johnson is a problem, but Joe Douglass is pretty solid. He didn't hire Gase and my sense is that he's committed to tanking for Lawrence.
The Jets interviewed Matt Rhule before they hired Gase and Christopher Johnson told him he couldn’t hire his own staff :-) Rhule said yeah thanks but no thanks. Only the Jets have the GM and coach report separately to the owner without talking to each other. They’ll ruin Lawrence just like they ruined Darnold. Who fires they’re GM right after free agency and the draft? Yep, the Jets.

Douglas has an eye for talent but the Johnson’s will have to let go and let him run the show.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up