ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Vaccine(s) coming mid-December...
I'll be the first in line if possible 91 37.76%
I'll get one but I'll wait a month or two to see who croaks 56 23.24%
Like any software or game system, never take 1.0... I'll wait until summer 30 12.45%
If no one's dead by next Thanksgiving, count me in 18 7.47%
No. ****ing. Way. 46 19.09%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 38
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Will you take the vaccine?
JD10367 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question, more about how much you trust Big Pharma.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:09 PM 11-23-2020
Out of curiosity, do those of you who are worried about it have specific historical precedents that have given you pause? Or is it still just the lingering impacts of Jenny McCarthy?

EDIT: In case it helps anyone, here's a nice resource that summarizes the vaccine concerns over the years and the resolution.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/co...s-history.html
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:09 PM 11-23-2020
According to my internist, it's going to be at least 6 months before the General Public can be vaccinated and probably more like the end of 2021.

While there are three vaccines currently in development, there are logistical issues at play since the Pfizer vaccine needs to be stored at -94 degrees Fahrenheit while the Moderna needs to be stored at -20 degrees Fahrenheit.

And since reading how these vaccines are being developed, I don't think I'll have any issue getting the shot by the end of 2021. I've never had any type of reaction to any type of injection in the past, so I highly doubt I'll have any issues with particular vaccine.

And while I haven't even had the common cold since mid-2015 and my immunity is most definitely strong, with kids in preschool, Elementary and Middle School since that time, this virus is different and I'm not leaving anything to chance.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:10 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
No, I'm fit and healthy. I'd rather take my chances getting the virus with the 99%+ survival rate than more unneeded shit injected into my body. I got enough of that in the military.
It's not just about you. For one, some people simply can't take the vaccine for health reasons. Second, even at 90-95% effective there are still going to be people who get the virus. But if nearly everyone takes the vaccine the chances of someone else spreading it is less. Vaccine means little if only 20-30% of the population takes it.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:10 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
100% this. People who think this will be "dangerous" in any significant way are really stupid.
How very inclusive of you. Commendations for your objectivity and compassion. You should be up for an Emmy.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:12 PM 11-23-2020
Immediately, as soon as I can get it.

Wife and kids, too.

And I'll support it being a mandatory vaccination for public school attendance. Just like I wouldn't send my kids to a daycare or school unless it required general vaccinations.

The only way we get to a point where the "novel" part of this virus isn't an issue (with exponential spread) is if a huge portion of the population in the US and the world has the vaccine.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:15 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
How very inclusive of you. Commendations for your objectivity and compassion. You should be up for an Emmy.
Inclusive? Inclusive of what? I think the data suggest I was certainly objective. I'm also not sure what there is to be "compassionate" about here.

You want to try again?
[Reply]
DaFace 04:16 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
It's not just about you. For one, some people simply can't take the vaccine for health reasons. Second, even at 90-95% effective there are still going to be people who get the virus. But if nearly everyone takes the vaccine the chances of someone else spreading it is less. Vaccine means little if only 20-30% of the population takes it.
While I agree with you, it's pretty clear at this point that "do it for the greater good" isn't going to be a very compelling message for many.
[Reply]
candyman 04:16 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Don't worry, I haven't sneezed or coughed in public without covering my mouth since I was a child. I've also always been a germaphobe, my hands were dried and cracked from over-washing/sanitizing long before COVID.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:18 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
While I agree with you, it's pretty clear at this point that "do it for the greater good" isn't going to be a very compelling message for many.
No, unfortunately, it's not.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:20 PM 11-23-2020
Like software, never take ver. 1.0

I'll wait until they say "oops" and make the first adjustment.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:21 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Inclusive? Inclusive of what? I think the data suggest I was certainly objective. I'm also not sure what there is to be "compassionate" about here.

You want to try again?
"People who don't think like me are incredibly stupid". As if there were no good reasons to be cautiously skeptical of a new vaccine.
Just save your limp retort, I've no interest in shitting up a thread in the lounge.
[Reply]
TLO 04:21 PM 11-23-2020
I want to look at the data for myself.

Then I want people smarter than me to look at the data and tell me what they see.

If everything looks good I hope to be vaccinated within about a month from now. It's a realistic possibility at this point.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:23 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There's a certain large group of people that won't take it at all. Millions of people that won't. Maybe if HE tells them to take it they will, but doubtful.
[Reply]
TLO 04:24 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Like software, never take ver. 1.0

I'll wait until they say "oops" and make the first adjustment.
What side effects have been reported that have you concerned?

Before you answer with "well this vaccine has only been around for 5 months or so", please tell me the last vaccine candidate that only started showing major side effects 5 months after people started getting it.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:25 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
According to my internist, it's going to be at least 6 months before the General Public can be vaccinated and probably more like the end of 2021.

While there are three vaccines currently in development, there are logistical issues at play since the Pfizer vaccine needs to be stored at -94 degrees Fahrenheit while the Moderna needs to be stored at -20 degrees Fahrenheit.

And since reading how these vaccines are being developed, I don't think I'll have any issue getting the shot by the end of 2021. I've never had any type of reaction to any type of injection in the past, so I highly doubt I'll have any issues with particular vaccine.

And while I haven't even had the common cold since mid-2015 and my immunity is most definitely strong, with kids in preschool, Elementary and Middle School since that time, this virus is different and I'm not leaving anything to chance.
The temps mentioned are the biggest hurdle.

How many places have that kind of system just sitting around.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 38
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up